Been wanting a crawler any suggestions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so after some browsing and watching videos and reviews/comparisons I decided to order myself the RGT EX86100 v2. Was in the price range I was looking at and is 1/10 scale also. Surprisingly some of the videos I watched it did better than the TRX 4 in a few areas and looked like it would be perfect for the crawling and driving I'll be doing with it. Not to mention it looks pretty sick too😍
Screenshot_20210826-180808.png

I bought a SCX10-3 in the first lockdown last year, really enjoyed building it but have only used it once since..!!
Can't comment on what's good or bad brand wise as I've only ever owned this one, originally did some research about crawlers and most people said get a TRX4 or Enduro, but all I knew was I wanted a kit to build so the SCX10-3 was the winner..
Fitted Holmes Hobbies motor and HW1080 esc, 2 speed with dig (2 extra servos) great fun but so boring 😉🤣
Mine is all stock still, I've found it hard not to go mad with upgrades..!!

The only thing I can tell you is...
1) SCX10-3 is top heavy.
2) Crawling could be lots of fun if you have the terrain.
3) I still look at crawlers to buy 🤣

One of my best painted bodies, love all the details inside and out..!!
Few pics to tease you with 😎👍🏼

View attachment 165722View attachment 165723View attachment 165721View attachment 165724
Dude! Every single one of your builds is mint. 😍
Ok so after some browsing and watching videos and reviews/comparisons I decided to order myself the RGT EX86100 v2. Was in the price range I was looking at and is 1/10 scale also. Surprisingly some of the videos I watched it did better than the TRX 4 in a few areas and looked like it would be perfect for the crawling and driving I'll be doing with it. Not to mention it looks pretty sick too😍View attachment 165895
That’s pretty cool looking, I’ll be looking for the youtube of it! Haha

Ok so after some browsing and watching videos and reviews/comparisons I decided to order myself the RGT EX86100 v2. Was in the price range I was looking at and is 1/10 scale also. Surprisingly some of the videos I watched it did better than the TRX 4 in a few areas and looked like it would be perfect for the crawling and driving I'll be doing with it. Not to mention it looks pretty sick too😍View attachment 165895
Nice crawler. I have an RGT that has a similar layout and its quite good. Have fun!

Nice crawler. I have an RGT that has a similar layout and its quite good. Have fun!
Thanks I'm definitely excited to get it and have a blast crawling around our property. The videos I watched all were with a TRX 4 and it did better in quite a few areas and definitely is a lot less top heavy. Only thing from watching videos is I will probably get better softer tires eventually and add some weight as it's a lighter crawler. Overall I think I'll be happy and it was right in the price range and size I was looking at so I'm stoked😬

The trx4 sport without all the weight of the original is a formable foe. The original needs a little weight added low to make up for the high heavy body (depending on which one) and the extra servos, and then needs to carry it all up hill.
I think I have the electrics moved to the battery tray and a little battery up front on my RGT. I always run small 2200mah batteries up front if i can and carry a couple in my pockets if I'm out for a long time.

The trx4 sport without all the weight of the original is a formable foe. The original needs a little weight added low to make up for the high heavy body (depending on which one) and the extra servos, and then needs to carry it all up hill.
I think I have the electrics moved to the battery tray and a little battery up front on my RGT. I always run small 2200mah batteries up front if i can and carry a couple in my pockets if I'm out for a long time.
What's average run time on the packs you get? I plan to mainly crawl so not much "trail" driving just wondering what's average time you get?

What's average run time on the packs you get? I plan to mainly crawl so not much "trail" driving just wondering what's average time you get?
I would say a 2200mah 3s pack will get me around 45minutes to an hour.

Depending on the trail, and the vehicle, I've had 1500mah 3S packs go for anywhere from 1-3hrs

1/12 and 1/10 scale crawlers are pushing your budget. I have been wanting a crawler too. Now that I built my Granite, I am broke after buying the CVD's:ROFLMAO:. I like the scx24 because of how small they are. You can plop them down anywhere and have a blast. Good luck!
You need your crawler to go 100mph!!!!!!!
I would say a 2200mah 3s pack will get me around 45minutes to an hour.
Same for me with trx4 Defender with brass weights down low to lower center of gravity

Last edited:
I'm more of a crawler guy than a basher/speed guy.

TRX4/6 is the best platform you can buy. Costly, but worth every penny. Any version of them (sport, bronco, blazer, mercedes, etc) they're all the BEST. Money no issue, the TRX6 Mercedes 6x6 is the best RTR. I absolutely love mine.

SCX10 II are also great and tons of parts available for modding. Some RTR SCX10 II can be had around $300.

Element RC also has some good options. They're newer to the scene, but the make excellent RTR (quality better than Axial, but less than Traxxas, but parts are harder to find than Axial or Traxxas)

For motors, if you stay brushed, go with Holmes Hobbies.
ESC, hobbywing 1080 is the go to.

Id like to see as well.....never heard of them, cool looking rig, though...

How about parts availability?
They've been out a while even Kevin Talbot even has couple videos on them. Parts availability is good from what I've seen and there are some upgrades also available. I picked it up on eBay but is popular on Banggood and they also have tons of parts for it so should be good there.

They've been out a while even Kevin Talbot even has couple videos on them. Parts availability is good from what I've seen and there are some upgrades also available. I picked it up on eBay but is popular on Banggood and they also have tons of parts for it so should be good there.
That’s good to hear, I came very close …. EXTREMELY close……to buying a certain brand, but I noticed that parts availability was limited at best, and what was available was pretty pricey compared to similar items on other brands. That was one factor that made me make the decision that I did.

Crawlers is a whole nother world after entering the RC hobby with bashers……and the exact opposite of speed runners

I haven’t watched many KT videos for a while…..

But it’s good for the exposure….I may have to look up his video on this rig.

Are you going to put one of your stickers on it?

Do we get free stickers for guessing top speed? 😬

I guess ……9 !

That’s good to hear, I came very close …. EXTREMELY close……to buying a certain brand, but I noticed that parts availability was limited at best, and what was available was pretty pricey compared to similar items on other brands. That was one factor that made me make the decision that I did.

Crawlers is a whole nother world after entering the RC hobby with bashers……and the exact opposite of speed runners

I haven’t watched many KT videos for a while…..

But it’s good for the exposure….I may have to look up his video on this rig.

Are you going to put one of your stickers on it?

Do we get free stickers for guessing top speed? 😬

I guess ……9 !
Ya I'm about to find out lol. And from a basher and speed runner to now crawling. I've messed around a small bit with my older brushed trucks but again they are made for bashing so not the best but still had a blast so now with a rig made to do that I think I'm going to really enjoy it. Ya I watch some KT but I found video on this brand searching YouTube and he was one of the vids. I watched as he is pretty up front and harder on rigs so figured if it did well for him it should be a decent rig for sure. But he did a video on the V1 of it and then the pro version where this is in between those versions, not as nice as the pro kit but better than the V1. And yes of course it's getting an official Edough's RC decal or 3 LMAO. Think I have one of my white oval original decals left for it too lol.

How are parts availability?
Are generic SCX10 upgrade parts all interchangeable with this RGT?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back