Beginner: how do I select a good speed running road?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No curbs, is a good one. Be interesting to see if your body catches air. Had problems w/ a senton at 65 catching air and flipping.

I've found a couple of good spots to run, one's in town so there's more cars around but it's in a new development that no one lives in yet. My other spot is really convenient because it's right in front of our shop, but there's a bridge @ one end so I can only run in one direction- I've already wrecked once hitting one of those bridge railing pilings 🙁

20220715_134927.jpg

20220719_080533.jpg

20220719_080523.jpg

No curbs, is a good one. Be interesting to see if your body catches air. Had problems w/ a senton at 65 catching air and flipping.
It's been good up to 60 and very stable (aerodynamically) many times. The body tucks nicely underneath the bumper. So it's not catching. Yet. I expect that's all going to flop at some certain speed, just not sure when :unsure:

If I had to wager, I'd say it should be good til around 80ish. After that I'm looking at new tires and electonics anyway, so I'll have time to explore!

Is the skyrc gnss the goto for recording speed?

It's been good up to 60 and very stable (aerodynamically) many times. The body tucks nicely underneath the bumper. So it's not catching. Yet. I expect that's all going to flop at some certain speed, just not sure when :unsure:

If I had to wager, I'd say it should be good til around 80ish. After that I'm looking at new tires and electonics anyway, so I'll have time to explore!

Is the skyrc gnss the goto for recording speed?
I have both a dynamite gps unit & a skyrc gnss- which has stopped picking up satellite signal 🤬 The dynamite is more expensive for some reason & it's a little difficult to read the lcd screen in bright sunlight but seems pretty accurate. The gnss is a lot easier to use w/ the app on my phone, has a lot more settings like drag, 0-40, 0-60 so you can just do a lot more with it.

I’m still on the hunt for a closer road. For now I have to drive about an hour. No potholes, reflectors, man holes, curbs, etc. Oh, and it’s about 1.25 miles long. Just gotta be mindful of gators since it’s smack dab in the middle of the Everglades.
5DFC61B3-A2B8-450A-A427-E53AA8A69E39.jpeg
294C1912-D1EA-4607-A63F-408A76DB331A.jpeg

Last edited:
Sucks it's an hour but at. Least it's nice.
My original road is about 10 min away. But it has reflectors down the middle. Worked when I was getting started but not so much now. Here’s my 4th time ever running the Limitless. Just gotta keep it in the lane. Lol.

My original road is about 10 min away. But it has reflectors down the middle. Worked when I was getting started but not so much now. Here’s my 4th time ever running the Limitless. Just gotta keep it in the lane. Lol.
haha tbh thats probably still better than the road I got my pb of 113 on. I'm not even sure if I can run my limitless on that road. I used a stretched typhon with felony diffs/tires and the ride height not as low as the limitless. Hell I still got airborne on the typhon :ROFLMAO:

There is a small airport close to me and I saw a long road behind it that looks like it's kinda in the boonies so I plan on taking a drive out there and checking it out. I do have another option I think but it's not very wide so I'm hoping the road next to the airport is a bit wider.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back