Senton Beginner questions! Arrma Senton 4x4 BLX

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeUK

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi all. Have had my Senton 4x4 BLX for two days and absolutely love it already. I have some questions, that I'm hoping another owner may be able to help me with?

1) When I push the car, no power, the drive shaft seems to be clicking - is this normal? It's like the cogs aren't aligned. It came out the sealed box like this, so not sure if it is normal. It doesn't feel right, I was expecting it to be smooth.

2) silly question perhaps, but which way so you put the battery in? The reason I ask is that at the moment I'm putting the battery in with the power cables at the front of the car. However, above the gear casing (sorry, I don't know the right terminology!), There is a small 'hook' that I think may be for feeding the battery cables through. Is that right?

3) on the battery again, the balance charge plug just kind of sits there. Gravel, water etc can just get to it. I think the Senton 6s has a place to put that battery terminal safely away. Is there somewhere I should be putting it when the battery is in the car? If not, should I be trying to protect it?

Thanks all, hope someone can help!
Cheers
Joe

Hi, don't have the Senton but can answer your 1st question. That noise you hear is normal, they all sound like that. They don't sound butter smooth. Sure someone can answer your question on battery placement.

I do not own this model myself, but in general...
The noise you hear is the Pinion and spur gear rotating as the rig moves with or with out power, that is perfectly normal!
Mainly, you just want to make sure that the wires aren't going to get caught in anything that is moving, the center driveshafts, wheel driveshafts, so forth. The balance wires are same principle, just trying to tuck and hide them as best you can so elements are reaching it.

Otherwise, I say throw those batteries in and give it a good ol epic first run there!! If you haven't already! Have fun!! ?

If it’s clicking, like once a rotation, you need to take a video for us to look at. If it’s constant metal noise, that’s normal.

On the battery, I put the wires on the rear side to take up the slack. I always wrap my wires in the Velcro so they don’t flop around.

I have a Senton 6S BLX and as said above, the sound is normal, I put cables to the rear and wrap the control wires in the velcro or in between the armature of the rollover tower.

Is the hook you’re talking about the one that says “pull”? If so, that is to remove the motor and gears etc.

Every battery is different so as long as the wires aren’t flapping around you should be fine. I can’t secure mine with the velcro as it pinches the cables right at the connector but others would be fine. The biggest annoyance is actually the connector coming loose or getting caught in the wheels or driveshaft.

I thought the metallic sound was more to do with the drivetrain being attached to the electric motor? Should the slipper be free if just pushing the truck around by hand?

Hey. No, not the pull hook, tried to attach image of the one I mean. It must be for something!

Attachments

• 15720050753197064271091071357909.jpg
    15720050753197064271091071357909.jpg
    334 KB · Views: 61
Hey. No, not the pull hook, tried to attach image of the one I mean. It must be for something!
Yes that is to hold the battery wires. I find it faster to simply tuck them into the velcro battery straps tho

Not sure If this works, I uploaded to YouTube first, hopefully works...demo of the noise...
Not sure If this works, I uploaded to YouTube first, hopefully works...demo of the noise...
And it's done it since brand new.

And it's done it since brand new.
That’s normal noise except for your pinion mesh may be a little tight. I didn’t see any play when you went from forward to reverse. There should be a tiny bit of play between forward and reverse. It seems illogical but it does save your motor bearings in hard landings.

That’s normal noise except for your pinion mesh may be a little tight. I didn’t see any play when you went from forward to reverse. There should be a tiny bit of play between forward and reverse. It seems illogical but it does save your motor bearings in hard landings.
Thanks Jon - I'll look for tutorials on the pinion mesh adjustment (this is my first car, only owned two weeks). And you mean play on the driveshaft bar?
Sounds normal to me
Thank you. Hopefully if someone else new has the same question, it will give them help too ?

Thanks Jon - I'll look for tutorials on the pinion mesh adjustment (this is my first car, only owned two weeks). And you mean play on the driveshaft bar?

Thank you. Hopefully if someone else new has the same question, it will give them help too ?
On the stock Arrma, you won’t be able to adjust the mesh out of the box. The motor mount only has a few holes for different pinions. It doesn’t have any adjustability built in. What you can do is slightly enlarge the holes with a drill to give you a small amount of adjustability, or buy the BLX Adjustable motor mount from Arrma or Hot Racing. These allow infinite adjustments.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back