Typhon Beginner - Shredded two rear tires water/pavement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david0161

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
First timer here and first to real RC car, having a blast over 5 runs with my Typhon 3s (stock), wife hit everything imaginable full throttle and no broken parts lol. Tried to run before the rain hit today but no luck, decided to hit a basketball court at the school with pooled water and tried to rip it through them but ultimately I just threw the foam out of the rear tires with tears near the center of the tires, they were small tears but enough to get the foam ripping through and flying, assuming I just hooked up and that was that, tires definitely had water in them so not sure if that contributed or not.

I've been doing some research and have read about venting tires, I suppose I'm asking if perhaps my driving style/wet foam in tires/or just hooking up to dry pavement would be the most likely cause, the tires look good except for those tears and obviously the foam shooting out. Appears I can't just get new foam and repair the tires.

If the tires just aren't that great, any recommendations for mostly on road and a little off road?

Hi,
I use for the Typhon LU C2 for off-road/little off-road/track.
Welcome here.
PL

Attachments

• IMG_1706 (2).JPG
    IMG_1706 (2).JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 42
You can also buy a set of 4 of stock tires and wheels factory glued from Jennysrc for around $34.

Yes venting would likely have allowed the water to pass thru the vent instead of blowing out your tire. Must have been a lot of water in there. May have also been partially damaged in one of those crashes you mentioned that didn’t do any damage ?

I have a Typhon 3S as well and the Duratrax Lockups tires mentioned. They have too much traction to be honest. My car traction rolls all day with those tires. Has lead to a lot of broken arms and popped shafts. Not sure I’m gonna use them anymore.

I have a new set of ProLine Belted Trenchers that I’m itching to test out if this rain would go away. Not planning on running them for the first time in wet pavement.

Water will kill tires if they are not vented, If not by tearing the tire, then by rotting the foam inside. Get a new set of tires (there is nothing really wrong in the stock tires) and vent them correctly, then they’ll last for a long time.

Sand will also ruin tires that wasnt vented.

Thanks for all the responses everyone, that makes sense! I'll get a new set of stock and vent them and see how I fair after that :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back