Being thick (again)...4mm bullet to XT90?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AJ242

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Hi,

I'm currently getting together a shopping list for upgrading my Typhon Mega, I currently have two 2s hard case LiPo's with 4mm holes for the bullets.

The ESC I am getting can come with a variety of connectors pre-attached. I am thinking of going for XT90 because I have an eye on future car purchases (;)).

I would like to run the 2s LiPo's on the new motor / esc combo (HW Max 10 sct 3200kV) first and eventually get a 3s LiPo.

For the life of me, I cannot find this cable (4mm bullet to XT90) anywhere. This makes me wonder if it's a good idea. I could get a 4mm bullet to, say xt60, and solder on an XT90 female end, but I thought I'd check first...

Once again, many thanks.

Get some 4mm bullets, and sold up your own XT90 lead. Done.

You mention future purchase, what cars are you looking at? If they are HH product, you may look at EC5 plugs instead, as it is looking like all the future Arrma/Losi products will be running the EC/IC5 plugs...

Get some 4mm bullets, and sold up your own XT90 lead. Done.

You mention future purchase, what cars are you looking at? If they are HH product, you may look at EC5 plugs instead, as it is looking like all the future Arrma/Losi products will be running the EC/IC5 plugs...
The thing is they have the balance plug built in too.?

You don't need a balance plug to run... ?

yes, I have leads like this. I have several packs with internal bullets. Half the leads I run the trucks with mostly don't have the balance lead built in.

Thanks @Jerry-rigged. Yes, I considered the EC5 (Kraton 4s might be next) but it’s not an option on the new esc for me and I don’t fancy soldering to that at the moment (v rusty at soldering atm). I’m happy to make my own wires up tho. ??

Practice on 2-5 leads first, then you will have it down, and can hit the ESC.

I will say, the EC plugs are probably the EASIEST plugs to solder. When you solder them, you do it as a bare bullet, so no worries about over heating and melting the plug. I have an old video on Soldering EC3, the EC5 is very similar.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back