Belt drive! For bashing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bighen330

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Mojave EXB
Has anyone put a belt drive on the felony? What's the pluses and minuses? Only kit I found was for a xmaxx.

Has anyone put a belt drive on the felony? What's the pluses and minuses? Only kit I found was for a xmaxx.

Are you looking for a belt drive system from the motor to the center diff..?

Or, are you looking for a 4WD belt-drive system (a belt to link the rear diff to the front diff??) Like something in a Schumacher RC?

1670078218931.png

1670078241307.png

1670078259216.png

1670078274362.png

If so, then that'll involve total redesign of the F+R diff housing And Diffs..
It obviously can be done. It'll be very cool..
But at what cost?

Are you looking for a belt drive system from the motor to the center diff..?

Or, are you looking for a 4WD belt-drive system (a belt to link the rear diff to the front diff??) Like something in a Schumacher RC?

View attachment 260023

View attachment 260024

View attachment 260025

View attachment 260026

If so, then that'll involve total redesign of the F+R diff housing And Diffs..
It obviously can be done. It'll be very cool..
But at what cost?
Motor to the center diff.

Motor to the center diff.

The shear amount of torque that these new motors can put out.. it will totally shred a belt drive system. Especially for Bashing.

You will go through half a dozen belts as compared to the stock metal pinion & spur combo.

Now I'm sure there's a good application for it in street racing or speed running (maybe) but for general use.. I don't think it's feasible.

Even if you can DIY your own system, the headache and hassle of getting random small peddles/rocks pinched (or stuck) in between the belt & pulleys and having it nic the tooths on them... Will just accelerate the wear & tear on the belt.

Unlike a pinion & spur setup where any such rocks/debris would simply get flung off/out of the system/chassis..

The shear amount of torque that these new motors can put out.. it will totally shred a belt drive system. Especially for Bashing.

You will go through half a dozen belts as compared to the stock metal pinion & spur combo.

Now I'm sure there's a good application for it in street racing or speed running (maybe) but for general use.. I don't think it's feasible.

Even if you can DIY your own system, the headache and hassle of getting random small peddles/rocks pinched (or stuck) in between the belt & pulleys and having it nic the tooths on them... Will just accelerate the wear & tear on the belt.

Unlike a pinion & spur setup where any such rocks/debris would simply get flung off/out of the system/chassis..
Thanks! I might build it for drag racing.

Thanks! I might build it for drag racing.

Well.. drag racing with 4WD?

You probably have Greater performance gains if you come up with a "Direct motor-to-rear axle" setup instead than a 'belt to center diff' combo ,for dedicated drag..

... update afterbsome test.

Belt is really strong, he has already experienced one quite serious disaster in the form of a sudden stop of the wheels at a speed of over 200 km/h, I accidentally gave full throttle, the front wheels tore apart, got completely blocked, it fell apart in front of the differential, the small sprocket broke all the teeth, and the belt did not suffer any damage to the wheels

the belt drive easily withstands high power, the last ride was 21 horsepower, 570A at 27V - sharp acceleration of 6.5 seconds up to 147 miles and the belt shows no signs of fatigue.

I'm satisfied of belt :)

Screenshot_20230924_185312_Chrome.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back