Belted MX28 Tires, Who’s Buying?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may be in for a set. I absolutely love the standard mx28 on my typhon and the ballooning is part of what I love. The ability to flip this little rig easily thanks to the tires makes each drive awesome. Though, sometimes, a little less ballooning would be alright, maybe I'll also wait for some more reviews before pulling the trigger :)

If tires don't balloon, does that make your vehicle harder to rotate while in the air after a jump?

If tires don't balloon, does that make your vehicle harder to rotate while in the air after a jump?
That is the question, isn’t it. Is it the weight of the tire that gives you air control, or is it the ballooning? I would have to think the ballooning is an effect of having a heavier tire. But it’s just the heavier tire at play that gives you the control.

That said, the belted trenchers sucked for me and I wasted a lot of money on them. I’m going to wait on these and let someone else run them first. I LOVE my MX28 badlands so it would break my heart if the belted ones weren’t as good.

That is the question, isn’t it. Is it the weight of the tire that gives you air control, or is it the ballooning? I would have to think the ballooning is an effect of having a heavier tire. But it’s just the heavier tire at play that gives you the control.

That said, the belted trenchers sucked for me and I wasted a lot of money on them. I’m going to wait on these and let someone else run them first. I LOVE my MX28 badlands so it would break my heart if the belted ones weren’t as good.
How did they suck? Less control while trying to rotate? Bummer that they didn't work for you.

How did they suck? Less control while trying to rotate? Bummer that they didn't work for you.
No traction on any surface. I’ve never had any other trenchers so I’m unsure if this was due to the tread design or the belting.

No traction on any surface. I’ve never had any other trenchers so I’m unsure if this was due to the tread design or the belting.
Quick side question: did you vent your belted trenchers? Just came to my mind that you'd have to perforate the belt which may compromise its integrity..

Quick side question: did you vent your belted trenchers? Just came to my mind that you'd have to perforate the belt which may compromise its integrity..
I don’t think I did. I never ran them in wet areas tho. Pretty much just paved parking lot and some grassy dirt area. But they just land so firm and transfer all of the impact to the shocks and chassis. They also had very little traction in any direction.

It's the ballooning. I ran MX28's wrapped and unwrapped. Way hard to rotate with them wrapped.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back