Belted tires on the Senton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dopeman

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 6s
Gonna give them a try. Found some belted Maxxis tires by HPI for the Senton. Looking forward to getting some durability. Anything that I need to do differently with these? Should I still tape them?

Belted tires don't need tape, that is kind of the point.

Can you post a link to the tires? On road or off-road? I am wishing for some belted off-road tires for my Typhon.

No problem. Been looking for something wider with no luck. Wanted to try truggy tires, but they seemed too tall. Don't want to hack up the body. Wish I knew if 2.8MT wheels would clear the hub carriers.

Make sure to post pics after install. Subscribed to see future pictures and feedback.

IMG_0857.JPG
IMG_0856.JPG
IMG_0858.JPG

All taped and glued. Ready for action. The description says they are belted. However, they didn't feel any different than normal tires, so I taped them anyways. Did not vent them because I don't understand the reasoning behind it. We will see how they hold up.

Last edited:
These tires are in fact belted. I run them on my slash 4x4, they haven't ballooned yet on 4s they are a pretty hard compound and slide around on asphalt and don't do well in the grass

These tires are in fact belted. I run them on my slash 4x4, they haven't ballooned yet on 4s they are a pretty hard compound and slide around on asphalt and don't do well in the grass

They felt really soft to me. Softer than the stock Senton tires.

They look really good. How do they fit on the Senton? Any installed pics?

They felt really soft to me. Softer than the stock Senton tires.
Let me know how u like them. I have those and the proline tsl super swampers and I can do donuts with the HPI tires and the prolines I traction roll. I'd be curious to see someone else's experience

Got them mounted up and ready. Haven't done a test run yet. To my fingertips, these feel much softer. Deeper tread too. Love the look of the wheels too. Forgive the sloppy glue job, it was my first attempt at gluing tires. Used plain ol kragle.

IMG_0860.JPG
IMG_0859.JPG

Last edited:
I like them dopeman! Please let us know how they run. Is the clearance good when you bottom out suspension?

View attachment 5269 [ATT Did not vent them because I don't understand the reasoning behind it. We will see how they hold up.

I didn't either until I ran on wet sand. Some sane got on the rim, and got sucked into the hole in the rim. I noticed the tire was out of balance and you could here the sand and much moving around in side of it, when you shook it. By covering the hole in the rim, and venting the tires, you are only creating an exit hole. As the wheel spins anything that did get in, would be expelled through centrifugal force. Opposed to what happened originally which was the dirt got sucked or pushed in through centrifugal force.

I wouldn't have ever thought to do it, if I hadn't seen it here.

I didn't either until I ran on wet sand. Some sane got on the rim, and got sucked into the hole in the rim. I noticed the tire was out of balance and you could here the sand and much moving around in side of it, when you shook it. By covering the hole in the rim, and venting the tires, you are only creating an exit hole. As the wheel spins anything that did get in, would be expelled through centrifugal force. Opposed to what happened originally which was the dirt got sucked or pushed in through centrifugal force.

I wouldn't have ever thought to do it, if I hadn't seen it here.

Yeah,I get that. I'm just gonna try them sealed to where nothing can get in there to start with. Gonna see how that does. Hopefully won't see too much rebound.

I like them dopeman! Please let us know how they run. Is the clearance good when you bottom out suspension?

Size is almost identical to stock Sidewinders. Shouldn't have clearance issues. These are belted and have been taped so ballooning shouldn't be an issue, fingers crossed. They do feel softer and stickier.

I didn't mention is before, but those tire look legit on the truck. I hope you like them, because they sure do look good.

Also, a completely sealed tire may seem a lot bouncier, than you are used to. The holes in the rim or tire allow the tire to dampen the bounce effect when landing a jump or running over bumps.

I didn't mention is before, but those tire look legit on the truck. I hope you like them, because they sure do look good.

Also, a completely sealed tire may seem a lot bouncier, than you are used to. The holes in the rim or tire allow the tire to dampen the bounce effect when landing a jump or running over bumps.

Yeah, I'm gonna see how much bounce I get. If not too much, Ill just leave it that way. I would rather keep them sealed if I can. I got water in one and blew the foam right out through the tread.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back