Kraton Belted worth the money ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ39

Reaction score
hey guys . So I've been having some issues with my backflips lately .. keep on exploding on me lol .. i find this weird because my copperhead2s i had before these put up with much more abuse and speed and never gave any problems until they were down to the bone. I've heard great things about backflips but tbh they are really not working for me.

Now looking for a new set and was considering belted 3.8 by proline or someone else . Prices are frkn crazy so I would like to know if its worth it or just go for a different non belted but good tire?

If your blowing tires I'd be more focused on the oil weight in the diffs.. ?
Same weight as I used the whole time I was use my copperheads and they were perfect so.. what is different now?
Put silicone ear plugs in that center diff ;)
Hey sensai I really wanted to try earplugs.. is it safe though or just one time bash thing ..

BTW I was navy 1999 -2001

Same weight as I used the whole time I was use my copperheads and they were perfect so.. what is different now?

Hey sensai I really wanted to try earplugs.. is it safe though or just one time bash thing ..

BTW I was navy 1999 -2001
The tires might have a thinner wall...locking that center diff will lessen the ballooning in the front. Using ear plugs is effectively locking it but still allows some movement ;)

I wouldn't use ear plugs if you race on track but for bashing it's perfect.

What's different is the oil breaks down, or can leak.. allowing the units to diff out more and more with every use.. a 500k fluid can feel like a 300k fluid fairly quickly with enough use...

I do some speedo but also go offline alot .. not jumps that much
What's different is the oil breaks down, or can leak.. allowing the units to diff out more and more with every use.. a 500k fluid can feel like a 300k fluid fairly quickly with enough use...
I check my and renew my oils often. And I have zero leaks

it works well if you're drag racing, doesn't wheelie as much and tends to launch off the line faster since power is being shared by all wheels and not just the front you can punch harder off the line. Even if you don't jump a lot if you're just tooling around off road lockong that center diff can help make sure your power is split between the front and back more evenly.

Thanks anyway bud ?I may have missed some leakage or something but idk .. ill look out for that
it works well if you're drag racing, doesn't wheelie as much and tends to launch off the line faster since power is being shared by all wheels and not just the front you can punch harder off the line. Even if you don't jump a lot if you're just tooling around off road lockong that center diff can help make sure your power is split between the front and back more evenly.
[/QUOTE

And if it doesn't work I can always use them when wifey is at my neck so win win

Well sounds like you have it figured out then.. thicker oil will reduce ballooning, which like I said you should be focused on instead of the tires.. but we will go with the tires suck theory on this one I guess...✌

Well sounds like you have it figured out then.. thicker oil will reduce ballooning, which like I said you should be focused on instead of the tires.. but we will go with the tires suck theory on this one I guess...✌
[/QUOTE

I'm sure you are right 99.9% of the time .. didn't mean to cross question you SIR!

I don't think anyone here takes things so seriously, I don't, for sure because talking through type isn't the best way to express emotion ;)

I didn't take him seriously.. just seems he got all but hurt when I didn't pray to his first idea.

???, no no, I don't get butt hurt, that's why I carry a whistle...????

Like you said, you check and change fluid regularly, and 800k in the center should be way plenty.. so I was literally agreeing with you that in this particular case you may have gotten a crappy batch...

Diff oils directly relate to tire balloon, so that's why I mentioned it as a solution... the 30k is light for my liking but I've seen many run it with no issue, but we also were not there to see how and when it popped..

What tires keep blowing? Front? rear? Left? Right? Are they vented externally? Have they been through water?

Belted tires are awful on the rig in big sizes, major weight increase means more stress on the driveline..they are also less forgiving upon impact with the ground...

I run an outcast and don't care to run higher than 300K in the center or it just wheelies at the lightest touch of the throttle. With 300k, it will still wheelie when I want to (and still sometimes when I don't), but it's a lot more manageable. The trade off is the front tires balloon. Ever since I started running 6S, I wrap my tires with kevlar cord. I've been running 6S for over a year and have yet to blow a tire off the rim or damage a tire due to ballooning. The one time I didn't was when I went from 4S to 6S in my savage flux. I blew both front tires off the rim within 5 minutes. It has a transmission with center diff and 750k in it. Up until recently, I ran 3.8" trenchers on all 3 of my 6S trucks and I had all of them wrapped.

At first, I used 4 wraps of 70lb braided kevlar (left), it would get cut on rocks/sticks, so I tried 1 wrap of 500lb cored kevlar (right), it's held up way better.
2019-0925-ProlineTrencher3.8-70lb-vs-500lb.jpg

Cored braided kevlar cord I use: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AZBOK7W?th=1&psc=1

Due to heat issues with the outcast, I recently decided to give the stock tires a try. I never ran them, I started with 4S in it and 3.8" unwrapped trenchers with 500K in the center. Then I went 6S and wrapped them. After the first drive and a buttload of wheelies, I dropped the center to 300K. All last year on 6S with trenchers, things ran warm and I seemed to be going through an unreasonable amount of ring/pinions in the diffs (6 in 14 months). So, I tried the stock backflips, but wrapped them best I could to avoid blowouts:
2020-0811-ArrmaBackflip3.8-wrapped.jpg

max6/blx2050kv 13T 300K center/100K front/rear, only running 6S:
2020-0710-Outcast-BackflipTires-wrapped-side-high.jpg

Almost zero ballooning.

Great info thanks man .. I've never actually tried anything like that with the wheels. Thanks for the link I'll check it out ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back