Kraton Bent Chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gar222

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hi guys, just took my Kraton 6s v4 out for a bash. Got a little carried and a bit cocky. I have managed to bend my chassis on the back end, right across where the bolts are holding it all together. Is there any way to fix this? Or do I need a new one? Also is it worth upgrading to a stronger chassis? Or stick with stock? So far it is still box standard, well apart from a upgraded servo and transmitter lol

I bash hard. I replaced the chassis once on mine, and upgraded to metal front and rear chassis braces. I haven’t had to replace the chassis since.

You can usually find a new chassis pretty cheap on eBay or from a parts breaker such as jennysrc.com

You may be able to straighten yours out. But if I was taking it all apart to straighten it out, I’d just as well replace the chassis.

You can straighten it yourself, no issue just a bunch of work.
Ultimate upgarde is an M2c or justbashit chassis.

Next will be shock towers for you, typical for everyone that does jumps ;)
Smart idea to do this simultaneously if you consider upgrading.

Hi guys, just took my Kraton 6s v4 out for a bash. Got a little carried and a bit cocky. I have managed to bend my chassis on the back end, right across where the bolts are holding it all together. Is there any way to fix this? Or do I need a new one? Also is it worth upgrading to a stronger chassis? Or stick with stock? So far it is still box standard, well apart from a upgraded servo and transmitter lol
[/QUOTE]
It All Depends on if your addicted to sending it and how big?? If your comfortable with 10-30ft (Maybe a bit more) sure you can just do Chassis Braces to aluminum and get another stock Chassis. But if you getting carried away with it tends to be the norm as it has been with me and you sending it 50 is the norm and headed towards 80+, then you NEED a chassis. Thats exactly where I am right now. I have M2C everything but not the chassis, and I bent my stock chassis even with the M2C upgrades. But my idea of fun is going as fast as I can off the biggest jump I can find....so you gotta ask yourself what your average level of "Sending It" is.
Best Chassis Upgrade IMHO is the M2C Goliath chassis for weight to strength considerations
Hope that helps

Thanks guys! That was my thinking too. Replace the chassis and mounts at the same time. Any recommendations or preferences between M2C and Justbashit?
I want to get to where I am able to jump further and further. Need more practice lol

I have M2C, friend has justbashit. They look and feel the same. Either one is great, compared to stock.

Practice makes perfect, next will be shock rod ends and rear wing mounts plus all kinds of other stuff that didn't break before :p

Thanks for all the advice. I'm new to the hobby, this being my first rc. Can anyone recommend a good list of items to get? (Going with M2C) Already gonna get the chassis and suspension mounts. Anything else that might be worth investing in? I'd rather do a bulk order as I live in the UK and want to reduce the shipping as much as possible.

I like the M2C one on my outcast. I bent the stock one quite a few times before installing that just from landing big air flatly. Even with alloy braces, it still buckles. With alloy braces and M2C, it's tough as nails now. I air it out every time I'm out.

Thanks for all the advice. I'm new to the hobby, this being my first rc. Can anyone recommend a good list of items to get? (Going with M2C) Already gonna get the chassis and suspension mounts. Anything else that might be worth investing in? I'd rather do a bulk order as I live in the UK and want to reduce the shipping as much as possible.
For M2C get(1)braces first then (2) Chassis....right there with that is the (3)Tower Supports then (4)Shock towers....
that will have yo almost bulletproof for M2C, but Set your Droop and maybe get some upgraded Shock rod ends and spray your rig down with Silicone WD40 to make the plastics more flexible. Everything else is optional strength mods....but Aluminum servo mounts are very helpful...I would say one of the first cheap mods to do.....set them steering end points with the servo.
I have two Videos on the Droop settings and Servo/Endpoints if you have questions @ 3 Sons RC youtube

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back