Bent chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim93

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Hello,
So today i crashed my talion 6s into a gutter it was a head on collision at what would have been about 50% throttle the end result was the front section of the aluminium chassis bending upwards on a 30 degree angle... this has ruined the front diff housing (ripped the bolts out of their holes) and also cracked the plastic part that holds the suspension arms in place im not sure the name of this part but have uploaded a pic, i need to know where to get these parts in australia and also if i can just order the diff housing or need a whole new diff?
Iv straightened out the chassis in my vice and am considering strengthening this with a steel or aluminium strip or buying a bigger bumper.
Thankyou

Attachments

• 20161210_165510.jpg
    20161210_165510.jpg
    155.6 KB · Views: 137
Just curious if you were using Tbone bumper if any bumper at all. Not that I'm planning to ram anything, but sh.. happens.

Hi, no just had the stock bumper not sure what its called.. My father in law has a traxxis slash they come with a pretty good bumper that looks like it could be made to fit the talion.. after having to disassemble the front end and spend about $100 on parts i deffinatly recomend getting a good front bumper. Also on a side note, iv found the car suffers from a bit of understeer at high speed which along with my crap driving contributed to the crash
I havnt really had thw oppertunity to play round with different tryes or suspension settings to improve this, or possibly the servo isnt strong enough at fast speeds?
Its so hard to tell from a distance..

Hi, no just had the stock bumper not sure what its called.. My father in law has a traxxis slash they come with a pretty good bumper that looks like it could be made to fit the talion.. after having to disassemble the front end and spend about $100 on parts i deffinatly recomend getting a good front bumper. Also on a side note, iv found the car suffers from a bit of understeer at high speed which along with my crap driving contributed to the crash
I havnt really had thw oppertunity to play round with different tryes or suspension settings to improve this, or possibly the servo isnt strong enough at fast speeds?
Its so hard to tell from a distance..
Be careful if you're going to fab you're own, I'd be sure screws are right length...etc as to not cause damage to diff case from shearing with hard impact. I'm probably going to get a Tbone on my new Kraton and may be my Outcast Buggy, just don't want bumper to interfere with ramp launches...etc. Tbone has saved both my Typhons big time, hit one pole at moderate speed and numerous high speed rolls from flips and bad landings. Not sure about understeer as dynamics change under high speed and hard throttle, usually better than oversteer when running fast IMHO.

I think you're high speed understeer is a product of aerodynamics. Looking at the body and wing combo I can see how the front tires would start to lose contact once it got up to ludicrous speed. Try another body with a little more front down force to see if it helps.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back