Talion Bent chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reubydoobe

Reuby Doobe
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Notorious
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Talion
  5. Typhon 6s
Anyone know how the best way to straighten them is and Could i warranty claim it.
IMG_20180701_182102.jpg

Ooouccchhh... I tried to use a hydraulic press to straighten the shock towers, they kinda just sprung back. Using a large hammer on a straight anvil worked much better.

My buddy broke a bunch of stuff on the rear of his Outcast after a horrible crash landing and bent the ass end up so the new chassis brace wouldn't fit in. We didn't even notice it was bent till he tried fitting the new brace. He just bent it back over his anvil using his hands little by little till the chassis brace went back in to place with ease.

Bits of wood it is then. Thanks guys much appreciated ❤️it

Bits of wood it is then. Thanks guys much appreciated ❤️it

Even if you bend it back it will be significantly weakened and will bend again in no time.......get a new one! I've had many a bent chassis with different cars over the years and it's always been the case that they are weaker and will bend in the same spot again.

Even if you bend it back it will be significantly weakened and will bend again in no time.......get a new one! I've had many a bent chassis with different cars over the years and it's always been the case that they are weaker and will bend in the same spot again.
I agree. Aluminum only weakens when it bends. It doesn't like like a huge bend, so trying to straighten it is probably possible, just know it'll be weaker than it was prior.

Would a team Durango chassis fit. I'm thinking not because the chassis on the v3 is different isn't it. My lhs has a really chunky looking one in stock but its 80 pounds. Thanks guys forgot how useful this place is I shall share the results.

Would a team Durango chassis fit. I'm thinking not because the chassis on the v3 is different isn't it. My lhs has a really chunky looking one in stock but its 80 pounds. Thanks guys forgot how useful this place is I shall share the results.

Even if you have a V1 or V2 you require lots of other parts to make it work including the Team Durango diff/motor mount which is very different to the Arrma one.

80lbs, that is "very chunky" LOL

Not sure about warranty though, but could maybe tell Arrma that those damn pot holes in the road the city isn't fixing "did it again", got another victim, bent chassis...but you may need a lot of luck LOL

On a serious note, how did it bend, bad crash or huge jump?

Last edited:
Did it just flex and bent your tower to tower? I bent the chassis on my Outcast but it bent like you were ringing out a towel. Had to replace with an extra chassis! A bent chassis either on the front or rear up or down is an easy fix. Just take it apart and beat it with a hammer and bash again!! \m/

80lbs, that is "very chunky" LOL

Not sure about warranty though, but could maybe tell Arrma that those damn pot holes in the road the city isn't fixing "did it again", got another victim, bent chassis...but you may need a lot of luck LOL

On a serious note, how did it bend, bad crash or huge jump?
Crashed on a speed run ended up in the river on a tree that fallen across it.

Even if you have a V1 or V2 you require lots of other parts to make it work including the Team Durango diff/motor mount which is very different to the Arrma one.
Thanks

More carnage

Attachments

• 20180704_225051.jpg
    20180704_225051.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 66
More carnage
Wow, quite the landing, & it didn't even get wet (nice driving). I guess you could look at the good side, at least it is still in 1 piece and it did not land in the river (try that again...) Quick tip: try a boat the next time you plan on doing speed runs at the river LOL

More carnage: did you break the front chassis brace? The V3 Talion front chassis brace is not the strongest and has failed on others. Try Hot Racing aluminum chassis brace. Since you are doing speed runs, I gather you want to keep your Talion as light as possible? If yes, the HR brace is the lightest available and still strong enough to not bend or break. Here's a link:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...ront-chassis-brace-black-hraaon28ct01/p732345

Although for speed runs, and if you are not hitting big jumps, you should not need an aluminum rear chassis brace. However, if you want to also upgrade this, here's a link:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...rear-chassis-brace-black-hraaon30ct01/p743465

Wow, quite the landing, & it didn't even get wet (nice driving). I guess you could look at the good side, at least it is still in 1 piece and it did not land in the river (try that again...) Quick tip: try a boat the next time you plan on doing speed runs at the river LOL

More carnage: did you break the front chassis brace? The V3 Talion front chassis brace is not the strongest and has failed on others. Try Hot Racing aluminum chassis brace. Since you are doing speed runs, I gather you want to keep your Talion as light as possible? If yes, the HR brace is the lightest available and still strong enough to not bend or break. Here's a link:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...ront-chassis-brace-black-hraaon28ct01/p732345

Although for speed runs, and if you are not hitting big jumps, you should not need an aluminum rear chassis brace. However, if you want to also upgrade this, here's a link:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...rear-chassis-brace-black-hraaon30ct01/p743465
I have a set of GKA Braces on the way to the UK atm I've got some of Greg's stuff on my outcast it' so good. I do use the hot racing chassis braces on the outcast as I wanted the darker look. Talion is going to be silver and black carbon fibre, I already have the shock towers so much lighter than stock.Thanks for the top tips BTW appreciate that.

She's fine now.

Attachments

• IMG_20180708_123950.jpg
    IMG_20180708_123950.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 72
I noticed this when I stripped her down cracked the dif housing. Wow I think this happened at the bmx track the next day. Not seen one do this before. I've melted one before but not cracked like this is. All the way round
20180708_143152.jpg

She's fine now.

I noticed this when I stripped her down cracked the dif housing. Wow I think this happened at the bmx track the next day. Not seen one do this before. I've melted one before but not cracked like this is. All the way roundView attachment 20201

That is a nice chassi :)

Maybe the diff housing cracked 'cause something got lodged in there and instead of just grinding the plastic it twisted and cracked
the housing ? More likely though is that flex did that, maybe too much flex right there since you bent the chassi ?
Seen some guys upgrade the plastic tower and cap to alloy ones.

That is a nice chassi :)

Maybe the diff housing cracked 'cause something got lodged in there and instead of just grinding the plastic it twisted and cracked
the housing ? More likely though is that flex did that, maybe too much flex right there since you bent the chassi ?
Seen some guys upgrade the plastic tower and cap to alloy ones.
I reckon flex on a bent chassis did 4 it the rear drive shaft was wedged in the rear of the output drive thus pushing the hole lot forward a bit. It went back when I pushed the rear and front down to get the shaft out. Most of been that, tbh it could of been anything from a number of big jumps and fast crashes. It's so quick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back