Kraton Bent driveshaft..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Meh I have driven with worse whilst out and about, but if I was home on the workbench I would straighten it.

It's only adding unwanted vibration that will kill bearings and wear diff outdrives faster the longer you leave it
As already mentioned, try straightening it out first.
What's the best way to straighten it? Thinking I could lock it in a vice and hammer it straight?

What's the best way to straighten it? Thinking I could lock it in a vice and hammer it straight?
Either over a block of wood with a hammer if you are feeling more savage, if not, use 3 bolts in a vice. 2 against one jaw, the other in the middle of the 2 on the other jaw. Stick it in with the bend facing the single bolt and tighten it so it bends it straight. Hope my explanation made sense

Either over a block of wood with a hammer if you are feeling more savage, if not, use 3 bolts in a vice. 2 against one jaw, the other in the middle of the 2 on the other jaw. Stick it in with the bend facing the single bolt and tighten it so it bends it straight. Hope my explanation made sense
Thanks, I think i got it pretty straight again now. Another question, when assembling them am I supposed to put grease or something on or just leave them dry?

As in the inner CV joint?

I leave mine dry. Some use a dry lubricant which is probably better than leaving it dry. Just don't use a liquid grease as it will pick up dirt and turn it into a grinding paste

As in the inner CV joint?

I leave mine dry. Some use a dry lubricant which is probably better than leaving it dry. Just don't use a liquid grease as it will pick up dirt and turn it into a grinding paste
I have some dry lubricant, thanks!

One of the rear driveshafts on my Kraton 8s EXB roller came bent right out of the box. Albeit, not as bad as your video shows.

It's not too bad..

Just remove it and roll it along the edge of a flat table.. you'll watch it wobble up and down.. Use a hammer to tap the side of the shaft that rolls up, keep rolling it and tapping until there's no more wobbling.

That should be good enough.
At least to get you back up and running..

IMG_0937.jpg

I was going to ask what that looks like and how that works..... need to look into this more
I seriously bought a bench vice just for this purpose.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back