Bent front dogbone

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I discovered a bent front dogbone on my Kraton. It’s the one that runs from the center diff to the front diff. I’m sure it happened on one of my lawn dart landings. What else should I be checking? I’m not sure how I could bend the front dogbone without bending the chassis.

They all warp and/or bend. My front ones warp so bad they're rubbing on my shocks. My rear center warped pretty bad and when I did a jump at actually popped out. I'm sure do to the chassis Flex. I would love to see somebody come up with a solution for these weak dog bones.

Wondering if the inertia spinning and the hard dart impacts just caused this since there is quite a bit of movement front-back of the center dogbones.

Wondering if the inertia spinning and the hard dart impacts just caused this since there is quite a bit of movement front-back of the center dogbones.

I'm not sure no it I found a bent front dogbone in my Typhon as well.

I cut some lawn mower gas line and put inside my cups to keep my dog bones from moving around. I have yet to bend one. Broken about everything else at one point or another.
That's a good thought. I have o-rings on the inside cups on my savage wheel dog bones so they stay keyed into the outer cups without hanging up when turning (runs bones on all 4 corners).

If you lawn darted hard enough to flex it to bend that, and you have a T2T brace as well as alloy chassis braces, you may have cracked the bulkhead where the top steering plate bolts on. I busted both the ears off mine the last time I ran and didn't know it. I found out when I was replacing the upper rear hinge pin brace on mine after breaking it.

Was bummed I didn't catch it earlier because I had ordered a new diff case/bulkhead for the rear due to stripped screws from my t-bone wheelie bar ripping them out. So, I used the new diff case/bulkhead for the front, then drilled the rears clear through and cut down the wheelie bar to mount it flat against the diff case/bulk using the sway bar holes instead, since I removed those on both ends. Hoping this helps avoid this as this was the second diff case that had screws ripped out:
2018-0921-Outcast-TBWheelieBar-Mount01.jpg

Hoping that using 3 screws with the piece mounted flush against the diff case will lower the likelihood of it tearing the threads out. Also, the threads are just in the cap vs the ones doing double duty holding the wheelie bar on and holding the diff case cap on the bulkhead. Next step will be the alloy diff case.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back