Outcast Bent front driveshaft....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't seem to break front braces mainly the rear in saying that when I changed the front Outcast one to GKA I noticed it was cracked. What brand shims did u order ? I ended using the mugen ones.
I love :) this skate park just around the corner from me can't stop going there easy to launch as height as u want :D sweet transitions !!
The RPM looks quality is b interested to c how it lasts. The LHS should start stocking after market parts like Tbone, rpm etc !!
Looks like I'll be beating the Outcast this weekend.
Cheers !!!
I got these Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/322101942069
Ordered monday last week and he said normally theyre very good with sending over... don't know the sizes but im hoping the fit. If the do theyre easy to find online and nice and cheap :)
Sweet having a skate park around the corner from you :-D
Theres a skate park near the new park/track ive been going to... And theyve now fixed up the bmx track thats next to that skate park too !! All new surface and jumps.. And asking for some backflip burnouts i reckon ! :p
Theres a shop about 30/40 min from me that sells rpm... But nothing for arrma cars there yet so ordered online. Will see how it goes... If its a bit big i'll tbone up the outcast i'll put it on the kraton.
...and hopefully you get you gka's tomorrow so you can beat up both cars on the weekend :-D

@Camo shims came in ! Perfect fit and the pack has two different thickness shims in big and smalls... With enough in each pack to do two diffs.
Down side is it looks like the newer packs will now only come with the small shims and none for the planetary gears... No idea why. Gonna have to hunt down a bunch of the older ones for spares :)
Either way shes all fixed up and ready to smash... Umm... I mean Bash ! :p haha... Hopefully sunday if i can get out....

You get your gka's ???

@Camo shims came in ! Perfect fit and the pack has two different thickness shims in big and smalls... With enough in each pack to do two diffs.
Down side is it looks like the newer packs will now only come with the small shims and none for the planetary gears... No idea why. Gonna have to hunt down a bunch of the older ones for spares :)
Either way shes all fixed up and ready to smash... Umm... I mean Bash ! :p haha... Hopefully sunday if i can get out....

You get your gka's ???
Sweet !! What weight fluid did u put back in ? I just used the planetary gear shims to tighten up the play in and out and seemed to help with the leaking diff. I need to get more for the Kraton !
Still no GKA keen as to get em on !! Looked for a plastic one to use for the weekend none anywhere in Melb ha ha !!
How are your Basher batteries going? I saw they had them in stock at HK in Australia.

Sweet !! What weight fluid did u put back in ? I just used the planetary gear shims to tighten up the play in and out and seemed to help with the leaking diff. I need to get more for the Kraton !
Still no GKA keen as to get em on !! Looked for a plastic one to use for the weekend none anywhere in Melb ha ha !!
How are your Basher batteries going? I saw they had them in stock at HK in Australia.
Bumma ! Even mas has no stock of them... And he's run out of shock shafts too... Looks like the shortage is finally reaching here maybe ?

I just put 30,000 to try in the diff. Its a buggy and goes a bit different to the trucks... Should be good i think ? If not i'll go up to 50,000.
...and i think i'll order the mugen ones next time since the shims i got seem to be dropping the planetary gear one...

The bashers are still good ! One still looks like it has a little bit of puff to it but its hard to tell in the hard case... And the other one i got opened is perfect. I get the feeling the first couple just got run down to low in the car ? Theres a bit of a drop off in power before the lvc kicks in so when that happens i just check to see what % power is left.. When they around 10% i stop and theyve been good :)
I might grab some more too if theyre back in stock :)

I took the crap plastic wrap off and taped the cases too...
Much better :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3v2st4djohtc1v/DSC_7401.JPG?dl=0

Bumma ! Even mas has no stock of them... And he's run out of shock shafts too... Looks like the shortage is finally reaching here maybe ?

I just put 30,000 to try in the diff. Its a buggy and goes a bit different to the trucks... Should be good i think ? If not i'll go up to 50,000.
...and i think i'll order the mugen ones next time since the shims i got seem to be dropping the planetary gear one...

The bashers are still good ! One still looks like it has a little bit of puff to it but its hard to tell in the hard case... And the other one i got opened is perfect. I get the feeling the first couple just got run down to low in the car ? Theres a bit of a drop off in power before the lvc kicks in so when that happens i just check to see what % power is left.. When they around 10% i stop and theyve been good :)
I might grab some more too if theyre back in stock :)

I took the crap plastic wrap off and taped the cases too...
Much better :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/p3v2st4djohtc1v/DSC_7401.JPG?dl=0
I really happy with the turnigy battery I bought it's a beast and light but it's a soft pack and it gets a bit knocked around in the Kraton battery tray.
The mugen shims are good but they only give u 5 planetary shims I use two per diff so one short ha!!
I might get one of the bashers give it a go. Sooo much to buy can't stop addictive :) !! I need another body to, my bash one is almost dead. JRC still has them at a good price.
Had a good session yesterday before the rain today.
IMG_3997.PNG IMG_3993.PNG

I really happy with the turnigy battery I bought it's a beast and light but it's a soft pack and it gets a bit knocked around in the Kraton battery tray.
The mugen shims are good but they only give u 5 planetary shims I use two per diff so one short ha!!
I might get one of the bashers give it a go. Sooo much to buy can't stop addictive :) !! I need another body to, my bash one is almost dead. JRC still has them at a good price.
Had a good session yesterday before the rain today.
View attachment 10725 View attachment 10726
That looks like a fun spot ! :-D
Soft pack is probably ok in the outcast tray yeah ??
Ive got 4 of the little adjuster things in my tray so double or single packs sit square... And the 3rd strap to hold the cables.. And always use the plastic holders under the velcro.... My mate just uses the velcro and he's had his packs fly out of the car or end up half way out of the tray quite a few times...

And yep... Sooooo much stuff to buy ! I always get calls from the missus when im at work.... Theres something else here in the mail ! Again !! :p haha

That looks like a fun spot ! :-D
Soft pack is probably ok in the outcast tray yeah ??
Ive got 4 of the little adjuster things in my tray so double or single packs sit square... And the 3rd strap to hold the cables.. And always use the plastic holders under the velcro.... My mate just uses the velcro and he's had his packs fly out of the car or end up half way out of the tray quite a few times...

And yep... Sooooo much stuff to buy ! I always get calls from the missus when im at work.... Theres something else here in the mail ! Again !! :p haha
Yeah it's a pretty cool spot I scoped. Sometimes I just put my phone in the top pocket filming and try to pull a pic of it lol!!!
The outcast tray is cool like that I'll put one it the Kraton one day.
Where do you get the third strap on the Kraton tray ?? I took out the adjustable blocks they would smash th soft pack. It'd be a pissa seeing a battery fly out :eek:

3rd strap just next to the back one...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nb3vr4obmoty62b/DSC_7493.JPG?dl=0
Its only to hold the cables. Sits on a slight angel now ive got a guard between the battery and spur but keeps all the plugs and cables held down with big jumps and crashes :)

Heres a pic with the battery in...
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mf1wgfw07j2u35t/DSC_7540.JPG?dl=0
Sweet thanks bra !! :) I will do that !
I put a third one on the Outcast to hold cables as well but towards the front. I also cable tied the ESC cables to the holder. Got sic of cables pulling apart on big landings.
I like the ESC cover I need to do that as well sick of grass and stuff getting in there.
Cheers !! Hope u get out tommoz !

Sweet thanks bra !! :) I will do that !
I put a third one on the Outcast to hold cables as well but towards the front. I also cable tied the ESC cables to the holder. Got sic of cables pulling apart on big landings.
I like the ESC cover I need to do that as well sick of grass and stuff getting in there.
Cheers !! Hope u get out tommoz !

Hopefully i can get out... Even if i just chuck a basher in each car for a run :)
The esc cover is just fly screen.. And i popped the stock screws through it.. Nice and simple :)
First time i took the kraton out i got a leaf stuck in there and it jammed the fan !
Ive got the velcro strap over the esc too as ive cracked the inside screw holder on both my cars. If it comes umdone i'll go back to the cable tie.

Hopefully i can get out... Even if i just chuck a basher in each car for a run :)
The esc cover is just fly screen.. And i popped the stock screws through it.. Nice and simple :)
First time i took the kraton out i got a leaf stuck in there and it jammed the fan !
Ive got the velcro strap over the esc too as ive cracked the inside screw holder on both my cars. If it comes umdone i'll go back to the cable tie.
I need to do the screen thing for sure if that fan stops man she gets hot !!! I haven't broken the screw holder for esc yet ! I suppose it will happen at some stage :)

I need to do the screen thing for sure if that fan stops man she gets hot !!! I haven't broken the screw holder for esc yet ! I suppose it will happen at some stage :)
Got my GKA braces today the Kraton is back on !!
Did you get out bro ?
IMG_4039.JPG

Did you get out bro ?
View attachment 10761
Sweet ! They look nice !! Is there a cut out in them now ?? think i'm gonna have to get some ! :) they still about 55 bucks plus post ??
I didnt get the cars out.. Kids were all a bit crook and the missus was a bit off too... But i did get around to sorting my typhon shocks out... Just new oils and a bit of adjustment here and there... Quick spin out the front yard and it was much better :)

Sweet ! They look nice !! Is there a cut out in them now ?? think i'm gonna have to get some ! :) they still about 55 bucks plus post ??
I didnt get the cars out.. Kids were all a bit crook and the missus was a bit off too... But i did get around to sorting my typhon shocks out... Just new oils and a bit of adjustment here and there... Quick spin out the front yard and it was much better :)
Im hearing ya !! A little wrenching bit of a test run to get rid of the itch. I usually take one for a road run out the front of my place late at night.
I think it was $90 for the braces and servo mount. There nice and worth it.
Im keen to get her out for a session now :D

Im hearing ya !! A little wrenching bit of a test run to get rid of the itch. I usually take one for a road run out the front of my place late at night.
I think it was $90 for the braces and servo mount. There nice and worth it.
Im keen to get her out for a session now :D
Wow thats good for the braces and servo mount !
Will have to get a set for the typhon first since thats the one ive been breaking gears on... I didnt realise how much flex was in the chassis until the other night working on the cars... I could bend it in my hands by just holding the shock tower and pushing my thumb on the spur gear !

Did you get out bro ?
View attachment 10761

Oh yeah... I need some of those gka's now!! After a rather large 6s jump yesterday and one broken shock shaft later... I found my rear centre driveshaft/dog bone is nice and wonky on the kraton !! Tax time = spare parts time! Haha

You end up getting the cars out this weekend too?

Tekno orange front and yellow in the rear. 80mm and 90mm. Forgot how much of a difference it makes !
This is what I'm running on my Outcast and I still kept breaking shock shafts. I put some Badlands on, and I'm seeing a huge difference in ground impact upon landing bigger jumps. They absorb a lot more than the Backflips do.

Oh yeah... I need some of those gka's now!! After a rather large 6s jump yesterday and one broken shock shaft later... I found my rear centre driveshaft/dog bone is nice and wonky on the kraton !! Tax time = spare parts time! Haha

You end up getting the cars out this weekend too?
Yeah got out !! Had a session ate the skate park sweet fun. Busted a shock shaft, the rear suspension mount, the red anodized aluminum part. To many grommets there though school holidays :confused: they all want a shot :mad:
My boy blasted out of the bowl out of control backflipping landed a double don't know how and broke the rod end he he !!! No big one had a spare I will have to order more to have on hand

Yeah got out !! Had a session ate the skate park sweet fun. Busted a shock shaft, the rear suspension mount, the red anodized aluminum part. To many grommets there though school holidays :confused: they all want a shot :mad:
My boy blasted out of the bowl out of control backflipping landed a double don't know how and broke the rod end he he !!! No big one had a spare I will have to order more to have on hand
Must have been one hell of a landing to bust all that!! Sounds like fun tho!
We almost went to the skate park too but thought it might be to slippy...
Was 9c and thunderstorms! Got 30 min of no rain and another 40 of lite rain tho so all good :) i went the lazy fix and just fitted a new shock :p

This is what I'm running on my Outcast and I still kept breaking shock shafts. I put some Badlands on, and I'm seeing a huge difference in ground impact upon landing bigger jumps. They absorb a lot more than the Backflips do.
Regular badlands of mx38?
Ive got a set of regulars sitting on my shelf so might give them a go next time...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back