Outcast Bent front driveshaft....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try straightening it in a vise if you have one. I've hammered them straight, or bent them with my hands and some leverage. Straight enough is fine for bashing duty IMHO. Not worth buying unless it's beyond repair.

I put mine in the vice and lever it with a ring spanner... Worked a treat !
Not worth replacing unless theyre totally stuffed :)

Last edited:
I put mine in the vice and lever it with a ring spanner... Worked a treat !
Not worth replacing unless theyre totally stuffe :)
I straightened mine, but any slight little bend ends up stuffing up the out drives. Wears the slot in to a hole !!

I straightened mine, but any slight little bend ends up stuffing up the out drives. Wears the slot in to a hole !!
Mines ok for now... Got it down to less than 1/2mm wiggle
If it gets worse without any hard hits i'll swap it out for the spare :)

Springs rolled up today for the Kraton. Put em in pumped a six pack through it. The difference is crazy good :)
Sweet dude ! :-D
What springs you get again ? My mate got the teknos too but is getting sag already.... Cant remember the spring weight/colour he got tho ?

Tekno orange front and yellow in the rear. 80mm and 90mm. Forgot how much of a difference it makes !
Cool.... Same on outcast ?
Im pretty happy with my kraton at the moment but will do some changes on the outcast when it comes. I feel sorry for it already... Gonna get the poop beaten out of it ! :p haha

Cool.... Same on outcast ?
Im pretty happy with my kraton at the moment but will do some changes on the outcast when it comes. I feel sorry for it already... Gonna get the poop beaten out of it ! :p haha
Same on the Outcast except orange all round.
I'm loving beating the Kraton atm getting a steady stream of parts coming in. Just waiting on GKA and Tbone then I can go hardcore ha ha !! You must be itching for the Outcast to roll up :D. A spanking new rig is Gold !!!

Same on the Outcast except orange all round.
I'm loving beating the Kraton atm getting a steady stream of parts coming in. Just waiting on GKA and Tbone then I can go hardcore ha ha !! You must be itching for the Outcast to roll up :D. A spanking new rig is Gold !!!
Ok cool... I think that mob up in queensland that sell smc batteries have tekno stuff... Will have a look tonight.
How long til you gka's get here ?? I gather few weeks post ?
And Yep ! Hangin for it big time... No stock at whole seller for at least 2 weeks then have to wait for it from adelaide to come...
On the upside its all paid for so by the time it gets here it will feel like a free truck ! :p

Ok cool... I think that mob up in queensland that sell smc batteries have tekno stuff... Will have a look tonight.
How long til you gka's get here ?? I gather few weeks post ?
And Yep ! Hangin for it big time... No stock at whole seller for at least 2 weeks then have to wait for it from adelaide to come...
On the upside its all paid for so by the time it gets here it will feel like a free truck ! :p
I'm surprised Mas doesn't have them ? (Springs)
The GKA's came fast when I ordered them for the Outcast but taking a bit longer this time I think it's been 2 and 1/2 weeks hopefully they'll be here this week ?
I ordered the tbone bumpers and within a day or two they sent me a been shipped email so they shouldn't take long. They must have more in stock instead of making to order like they used to do.
Make sure u post a pic or two of the orangecast :) when u get it haven't seen any on this forum !! Apart from marketing pics ;) and Dupers fluorescent one he he !!!

I'm surprised Mas doesn't have them ? (Springs)
The GKA's came fast when I ordered them for the Outcast but taking a bit longer this time I think it's been 2 and 1/2 weeks hopefully they'll be here this week ?
I ordered the tbone bumpers and within a day or two they sent me a been shipped email so they shouldn't take long. They must have more in stock instead of making to order like they used to do.
Make sure u post a pic or two of the orangecast :) when u get it haven't seen any on this forum !! Apart from marketing pics ;) and Dupers fluorescent one he he !!!
Mas has lots of stock stuff but almost no after market parts. No tekno... But a pile of arrma and traxxas springs.

Orangecast not available until end of this month... They couldnt officially even order it yet as theres no order number for orange from the aus supplier. Theyve taken my order as silver for now and will swap to orange when they can... I told them if its going to take longer to get just grab me a silver one and i'll ebay an orange body from jrc when they have them :) ...will need a second body anyway ;-)

Hopefully the orange comes in ok and ill post up some pics for ya :)

Mas has lots of stock stuff but almost no after market parts. No tekno... But a pile of arrma and traxxas springs.

Orangecast not available until end of this month... They couldnt officially even order it yet as theres no order number for orange from the aus supplier. Theyve taken my order as silver for now and will swap to orange when they can... I told them if its going to take longer to get just grab me a silver one and i'll ebay an orange body from jrc when they have them :) ...will need a second body anyway ;-)

Hopefully the orange comes in ok and ill post up some pics for ya :)
Yep !!! You gotta have one for the shelf and one for bashing ha ha !!! How good is jrc bro. I bought my second body of them it came with roll bar body clips straight of a new rig :) Good old chop shop! Starting to put up there prices a bit though.

Yep !!! You gotta have one for the shelf and one for bashing ha ha !!! How good is jrc bro. I bought my second body of them it came with roll bar body clips straight of a new rig :) Good old chop shop! Starting to put up there prices a bit though.
Haha.. Yep ! Gotta look nice on the shelf :)
Jrc is awesome... Even if they put their prices up more theyre still cheaper than here.... Full set of kraton driveshafts cost me 45 bucks... 86 at mas just for the fronts !! And a motor for 60 bucks... So cheap.

Haha.. Yep ! Gotta look nice on the shelf :)
Jrc is awesome... Even if they put their prices up more theyre still cheaper than here.... Full set of kraton driveshafts cost me 45 bucks... 86 at mas just for the fronts !! And a motor for 60 bucks... So cheap.
They are still cheep the shipping kills it though.
I couldn't wait the for GKA took the Kraton out for some air time one big back flip slightly landed back wheels first and snapped another rear chassis brace :rolleyes: . Hope they come tomorrow.
This thing is mad fun !!!

IMG_3982.PNG

They are still cheep the shipping kills it though.
I couldn't wait the for GKA took the Kraton out for some air time one big back flip slightly landed back wheels first and snapped another rear chassis brace :rolleyes: . Hope they come tomorrow.
This thing is mad fun !!!

View attachment 10706
Nice :)

Well atleast you know the brace is on its way !! Have you broken any front ones or just the rear ?? I haven't busted any yet.. Which is surprising with a few of the bad landings ive had ! :p
Just a few rear shocks gone... The bend in the driveshaft... The esc screw holders.. And the typhon gears..... Which im still waiting for the shims ! Tomorrow they reckon... Week and a half so far to come from sydney to perth :-S
Is that a skate park youre launching from ?

I just ordered the rpm bumper and skid for the outcast too... Thought i'd see how they are compared to the tbones :)

Nice :)

Well atleast you know the brace is on its way !! Have you broken any front ones or just the rear ?? I haven't busted any yet.. Which is surprising with a few of the bad landings ive had ! :p
Just a few rear shocks gone... The bend in the driveshaft... The esc screw holders.. And the typhon gears..... Which im still waiting for the shims ! Tomorrow they reckon... Week and a half so far to come from sydney to perth :-S
Is that a skate park youre launching from ?

I just ordered the rpm bumper and skid for the outcast too... Thought i'd see how they are compared to the tbones :)
I don't seem to break front braces mainly the rear in saying that when I changed the front Outcast one to GKA I noticed it was cracked. What brand shims did u order ? I ended using the mugen ones.
I love :) this skate park just around the corner from me can't stop going there easy to launch as height as u want :D sweet transitions !!
The RPM looks quality is b interested to c how it lasts. The LHS should start stocking after market parts like Tbone, rpm etc !!
Looks like I'll be beating the Outcast this weekend.
Cheers !!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back