Typhon Bent motor mount. I think maybe the bearing in the motor is ruined.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freelander

Frankenstein 3S
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Granite
  4. Typhon 3s
There shouldn't be any play in the motor shaft should there be? There is a slight movement laterally now.
Is there a replacement front bearing for this motor?

Attachments

• 20200814_224608.jpg
    20200814_224608.jpg
    344.5 KB · Views: 73
Should be no play.. Jim's sells sets for that can.. ?
Er. . . Jim's?
Found. Ordered.
Thanks, dude. That was easy. I have a racer star I can jam in there for now. But am seriously looking at that 6S motor. What's the deal? Should work, no?

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted.. ya Jim's bearings.. sorry, didnt think because usually everyone knows about jims..

I'm honestly not sure.. I've never done so I would assume it will work.. but if I had to guess it would be quite slow... if you have ever run a blx185 on 3s you know what I mean... but who knows.. give it a try, or the safer bet would be wait for an answer from one of the other members that have tried it.. sorry I cant be of more help on that..?

you can try ? but i would just buy a 6s.
because that plastic cannot stand that and you have to reinforce everything internally.
That costs a lot and you better put that money in a 6s ?

I once made a 4s out of a 3s ? and a waste of your money

you can try ? but i would just buy a 6s.
because that plastic cannot stand that and you have to reinforce everything internally.
That costs a lot and you better put that money in a 6s ?

I once made a 4s out of a 3s ? and a waste of your money
Kk but I would just jam the 4070 or whatever in and use the blx 100 esc and pus 3S through it. Is that working or stupid?
Like. . . It obviously is going to be a lower voltage than that motor can handle meaning lower temps and much lower performance than a more potent ESC and battery combo. But it'll run on 3S with an 100 amp ESC, no?

I understand how you think ? because I have been in your shoes too.
But I got that advice when I started looking for information about it.
Buy a 6s model and don't do it ? I was stubborn and just did it then ? I regret it afterwards and now have a typhon 6s and an exb?

I'm also not sure if the motor will fit ? but it's a waste of money because you have to upgrade everything internally.
Because those gears don't last ? you have to buy metals and those hot racing yokes and you name it
The idea is nice, but those cars are not made for that ?

I am totally doing it. fiddlestick it. How bad can it be? Put a bigger motor. If same voltage and ESC how much more insane can it be? Maybe I'll get a 26T just to lower the torque a bit.
Vroom vroom

??????

But you Will need to upgrade everything?the plastic gears can't handle the force

save, replace broken for like parts so you don't invite more breaking down the line on your current models then buy the big badass rig of your dreams down the road ;)

Blx100 esc& 6s motor works good together.ive tried LOTS OF DIFFERENT COMBOS.must use 26t to get the speed.there are cheaper motors you can use but shipping takes long time.surpluss 4076&4068&3674 are great motors.once I burnt up my stock motors went to 40 series motors an will never go back,its the way to go

15975312863825080926693586904071.jpg

There shouldn't be any play in the motor shaft should there be? There is a slight movement laterally now.
Is there a replacement front bearing for this motor?
Bearing probably came apart in motor an locked rotor up,an bent motor mount.is shaft LOCKED UP? If so motor is trash. All stocked 3s Motors I've owned bearings went out and overheating just go to a big block.3674 or 40 series. Just make sure u go with motor above 2000kv's

Last edited:
If st
Blx100 esc& 6s motor works good together.ive tried LOTS OF DIFFERENT COMBOS.must use 26t to get the speed.there are cheaper motors you can use but shipping takes long time.surpluss 4076&4068&3674 are great motors.once I burnt up my stock motors went to 40 series motors an will never go back,its the way to go

View attachment 94605

Bearing probably came apart in motor an locked rotor up,an bent motor mount.is shaft LOCKED UP? If so motor is trash. All stocked 3s Motors I've owned bearings went out and overheating just go to a big block.3674 or 40 series. Just make sure u go with motor above 2000kv's
If stock 3s motor is fixable these are bearings you need.im in st.louis mo,I got some I'd give you,if you want to come pick um up.....LOL

Screenshot_20200815-180300_Amazon Shopping.jpg

WORD OF ADVICE. if you run stock 3s motors replace bearing with better sealed ones before they go out.THEY WILL. Those Motors are great Motors and they're very fast but they overheat an the bearings go out. I put a big block in through the summer times and then when it cools down those 3 s engines would be great for cooler under 60 degrees bashing

Attachments

• 15975328721352425095569552265047.jpg
    15975328721352425095569552265047.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
If st

View attachment 94613
WORD OF ADVICE. if you run stock 3s motors replace bearing with better sealed ones before they go out.THEY WILL. Those Motors are great Motors and they're very fast but they overheat an the bearings go out. I put a big block in through the summer times and then when it cools down those 3 s engines would be great for cooler under 60 degrees bashing
I found stainless steel ones from Canada bearings in Woodbridge ontario.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back