Granite Bent Motor Mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure what could have caused this... My Granite BLX running a 3S battery began making a noise and not moving. Upon inspection the slipper gear was toast ground down smooth. Looking closer and removing the power module I discovered the case for the slipper had a small crack, the red motor mount was bent causing the pinion gear to be pitched and the shaft for the slipper set was also bent. A lot of damage and not sure how it happened. The Granite is new with only 3-4 runs without any major crash resulting in damage. Any thoughts?
Is motor locked up? Bearing failure my guess. Bearing coming apart inside of a rotor locking it up just like putting metal in car motor. High RPMs an metal shavings do not mix together well at all..

Just bent my second one tonight. Both times, I was running through the lawn and caught a bit of air, landing on the sidewalk. The suspension compressed enough for the skid plate under the bumper to catch the edge of a raised pad of concrete. Sounded horrible... I figured I'd broke the chassis tonight. But, it's just a bent motor mount. Wasn't even bashing it hard. Was just running around the yard on 2S entertaining my 2 year old...

Is the adjustable mount (AR310898) any stronger?

Just bent my second one tonight. Both times, I was running through the lawn and caught a bit of air, landing on the sidewalk. The suspension compressed enough for the skid plate under the bumper to catch the edge of a raised pad of concrete. Sounded horrible... I figured I'd broke the chassis tonight. But, it's just a bent motor mount. Wasn't even bashing it hard. Was just running around the yard on 2S entertaining my 2 year old...

Is the adjustable mount (AR310898) any stronger?
Not in my experience. All of the mounts can be bent. The CRCU 7075 mount may be worth the twist. ??‍♂️

Whelp. There's what happened to my stock motor mount.

20200815_192644.jpg

Got the 310898 and promptly curbed my truck at full speed.

Fml

esc exploded off it's mount and the fan is dead. Metered the pins on the ESC and got 6V so it's blatantly the fan. Even tried it on another receiver just to be sure.
Mounting holes are both broke and the housing is cracked. Got it down on the chassis now with 3m dual lock and so on.

Attachments

• 15975532717017204838852546449962.jpg
    15975532717017204838852546449962.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 51
Wow,that's some carnage!!!!) Nothing on the front of the truck was broke just all the electronics flew everywhere???bent mount musta been from impact.2 sided tape an zip tied around servo has held my blx185 esc on better throu crashes.previously broke both mounts off esc in crashes.
Wow,that's some carnage!!!!) Nothing on the front of the truck was broke just all the electronics flew everywhere???bent mount musta been from impact.2 sided tape an zip tied around servo has held my blx185 esc on better throu crashes.previously broke both mounts off esc in crashes.

Attachments

• 15975864846682982305761262879645.jpg
    15975864846682982305761262879645.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 50
I recently added a granite bumper to my typhon ?

Works great! But now that I guess my shocks and struts aren't absorbing impacts by disintegrating I am breaking other stuff?? Haha.
This is what I got going on now. Looking for another way. Thinking of putting 16 gauge tie wire between the screws like I did on my kid's granite.

Attachments

• 15976039101348412840720264807842.jpg
    15976039101348412840720264807842.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 45
I recently added a granite bumper to my typhon ?

Works great! But now that I guess my shocks and struts aren't absorbing impacts by disintegrating I am breaking other stuff?? Haha.
This is what I got going on now. Looking for another way. Thinking of putting 16 gauge tie wire between the screws like I did on my kid's granite.
Just bout these ,fast shipping, cheap ,quality shock.waiting on pivot balls to come in mail to run them.nice fitment.

Screenshot_20200808-105558_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Not sure what could have caused this... My Granite BLX running a 3S battery began making a noise and not moving. Upon inspection the slipper gear was toast ground down smooth. Looking closer and removing the power module I discovered the case for the slipper had a small crack, the red motor mount was bent causing the pinion gear to be pitched and the shaft for the slipper set was also bent. A lot of damage and not sure how it happened. The Granite is new with only 3-4 runs without any major crash resulting in damage. Any thoughts?
This thread was very helpful bc I noticed my granite was making some high pitch wine noises after a hard in the paint curb smash (front impact). Rebuilt slipper clutch with new hub assembly bc i notice mine had a crack in the hub. Noise still persisted. Upon further inspection, I noticed the motor plate was bent pretty good. Tried to beat it flat with a hammer (not hulk smashin', just love taps). still have the squeal sound. Ordered new bearings for the motor, but the more I think about it its probably the darn motor plate causing the pinion to be off and creating the sound i hear. The point I wanted to make but didnt do a good job at, is that to bend my motor plate, I had to send it full speed on 3s into an unforgiving curb.

Yeah…I did that to my vorteks after repeated hard faceplants. I was trying to convince it to jump like my granite. We agreed not to do that anymore.
You nailed a rock, tree or stacked it on a jump, It happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back