Bent rear center shaft??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Talion
  4. Talion EXB
Got a arrma felony and when inspecting the drive train by rotating the center diff by hand with no motor installed I am noticing a lot of run out on rear drive shaft. It appears to be bent more then I would like to see. Any body experience this with felony or other on road 1/7. Probably have to remove to see before 1st run even. New car.is this common? One side of shaft hits suport bearings an other doesn't makes me think shaft bent from factory.

Last edited:
I ended up buying a no name steel set off ebay. Cost like $26 bucks for both, worked perfectly too. They are still on ebay, sellers name is rcawd1999
I just went ahead an got a set too from rcawd. Hope my hunch about stock one's are correct, know when I pull the diff.

I ended up buying a no name steel set off ebay. Cost like $26 bucks for both, worked perfectly too. They are still on ebay, sellers name is rcawd1999
Got my new drive shafts installed. Question to you is...did you remove bearing center supports with rcawd drive shafts?, due to the thicker diameter the shaft is riding on both bearings all time. Shaft doesn't want to float now,worried it well cause heet restance on motor.

Can you post close up pics?
20220314_194014.jpg

These rcawd shafts are thicker .250.. stock.195 thousands. Probably going to remove, my 1/7 talion stretched on to a mojave chassis has just as long a shaft,no bearing support, no problems.
20220314_194014.jpg

These rcawd shafts are thicker .250.. stock.195 thousands. Probably going to remove, my 1/7 talion stretched on to a mojave chassis has just as long a shaft,no bearing support, no problems.
Shafts are not bent on my other 1/7,and they fit nicely between drives also,so do these. Nether are running out of round.

Most likely an earlier version like you said. I built this over 2 years ago and sold it last year. This pic still has the OG DS's

View attachment 206311
Definitely different version,my motor is on opposite side,or you totally changed set up. Thanks for sharing, looks awesome, nice jewelry.

Definitely different version,my motor is on opposite side,or you totally changed set up. Thanks for sharing, looks awesome, nice jewelry.
Yes, I flipped the CD. BTW, that cap pack didn't do :poop: for any of my runs. 😉 I don't look at computers and "stats" for ripple ETC. in RC cars, if :poop: breaks, I get a newer and better one.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back