Senton Bent Senton chassis

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cnnr27

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
So I bent my chassis and rear shock tower all to hell and broke the rear brace. The new brace is on order and I was debating about getting a new chassis. From what I can tell the kraton/tailon chassis is basically the same just longer. Would there be any benefit going with the longer chassis or would I just be setting myself to have to change other parts to fit?

I'm not sure how much a longer chassis would help? Plus, like you said, I think you might have to switch over too many parts to make it worth while.
How did all the damage happen?

I have been running a tower to tower brace on my Senton lately and it really keeps everything solid. You might want to look into making one of those when you get yours back together.

Just running it like an idiot :). Got the rear chassis brace back on and everything seems to be running ok. Do you have a link to the tower to tower brace? Assume it's pretty easy to put together?

Haha, I feel like running like an idiot is where I shine.:)

I don't have a link to one, but they are indeed easy to make. I have some footage of it that I should put up on my youtube channel.

I just went to my local hardware store and grabbed a 2' length of 3/4" square stock.
I cut it to over hang the towers a half inch to an inch. I then took a dremel and hack saw to make the notches that fit over the shock towers. I make the notches about 3/4 of the way through the square stock. Take a couple zip ties and crisscross them around the tower and square stock, two for the front and two for the rear. Strong and easy!
You will need to cut out a little bit of the middle body brace for the square stock to go through. I haven't had any ill effects from cutting the brace on either my Senton and Kraton.

Have any video of running like an idiot?

Cool thanks. I'm adding that to my to do list, which now includes fixing the rear shock, the gearbox case and replacing a lost dog bone. Only got a short video before my last break, the track is still a work in progress

If you go to the kraton forums there are tons of how to's and pictures of the tower to tower brace. I made mine from 1/2 inch aluminum rod that I purchased from home depot. Also the chassis from the typhon and senton are the same, the kraton chassis is a little over an inch longer than the senton and can be used but you will need the dogbones for the center differential due to the longer chassis but everything else will bolt right up. Then of course you would need a body to..........

So I bent my chassis and rear shock tower all to hell and broke the rear brace. The new brace is on order and I was debating about getting a new chassis. From what I can tell the kraton/tailon chassis is basically the same just longer. Would there be any benefit going with the longer chassis or would I just be setting myself to have to change other parts to fit?
Know I'm late to the party here, but wanted to say I've bent 3-4 chassis pretty badly and simply removed the entire back assembly as one unit and bent them straight again with force on a workbench edge. They've bashed fine ever since. Definitely want to upgrade to aluminum chassis supports and run a tower to tower brace.

Isnt there a diy fix putting a aluminum brace from tower to tower and fixes the flex issue.... ?

@cnnr27 nice track and bashing video! you must have tuned your senton a bit...you're landing the jumps perfectly!

@crankenstein
yes there a kraton brace that someone made here at post #19,
attachment.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back