Bent shock tower : best fix ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Koboye

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hey guys, new member here !

Got back into the hobby after a long hiatus, and bought myself a senton 6s a few weeks ago. Absolutely love the truck, it's silly fast and ridiculously fun !

Found myself a few local bashing spots, including a semi derelict MTB track. Had tons of fun, and even more crashes. Most were cartwheels, which didn't seem to bother the truck one bit. I did overshoot a landing massively though, which made for one hell of a hard landing.

Now it seems like the rear sock tower was pushed inwards. Started looking at aftermarket replacements, and not sure what would be the best solution : new shock towers, such as those from Just bash it rc, or tower braces, such as those from Vintage hobbies ?

Opinions ?

For me... I stick with stock and a T2T brace. I'd rather the shock tower bend a bit vs ripping apart the diff case because the tower was so stout. Then when I get home after a bash, I hold the truck up on a block of wood int eh center of the tower, then I wail on the outer ears of the tower with a hammer/block of wood so as to not ding it all up. Probably not the best approach... but has worked for me for the past year. lol!

I have bent a stock tower so many times that it cracked. Took about 9 months, 15-20 bends, but finally cracked. I just keep a spare set of stock towers on hand. I haven't bent the front one... so now I have 2 front ones on hand and a spare rear.

Can't beat the price of stock but after I bent my Notorious last outing, I went for the Voltage Hobbies setup. It's the first shock towers upgrade I'll make.

Hey guys, new member here !

Got back into the hobby after a long hiatus, and bought myself a senton 6s a few weeks ago. Absolutely love the truck, it's silly fast and ridiculously fun !

Found myself a few local bashing spots, including a semi derelict MTB track. Had tons of fun, and even more crashes. Most were cartwheels, which didn't seem to bother the truck one bit. I did overshoot a landing massively though, which made for one hell of a hard landing.

Now it seems like the rear sock tower was pushed inwards. Started looking at aftermarket replacements, and not sure what would be the best solution : new shock towers, such as those from Just bash it rc, or tower braces, such as those from Vintage hobbies ?

Opinions ?
Hi @Koboye and welcome to another Canadian here on the Arrma Forum. New stock towers are $14 US for the Senton from Jennys Rc. Have a set on hand, so you can quickly replace, and then straighten out the old one, with a big hammer and a piece of wood. A custom tower to tower brace will help keep your chassis straight, but it wreaks havoc on the towers. Even the more expensive aftermarket towers could bend, and the investment would be much greater. Aluminum chassis braces should definitely be on the shopping list. @MrTitanium is from the Montreal area too. I'm off to the west, just outside of Toronto. Habs suck, Leafs rule! :ROFLMAO:

Well, i'll settle on habs suck only if you admit leafs suck too :p

Probably expressedd myself wrong (english is second language to me), the whole thing is bent towards the front of the truck, not like try to get left and right closer (it's like the body post holes in the body are too long for the frame)

Upon inspection, seems like i actually bent the frame (shouldn't be that way right ???) :

Hi @Koboye and welcome to another Canadian here on the Arrma Forum. New stock towers are $14 US for the Senton from Jennys Rc. Have a set on hand, so you can quickly replace, and then straighten out the old one, with a big hammer and a piece of wood. A custom tower to tower brace will help keep your chassis straight, but it wreaks havoc on the towers. Even the more expensive aftermarket towers could bend, and the investment would be much greater. Aluminum chassis braces should definitely be on the shopping list. @MrTitanium is from the Montreal area too. I'm off to the west, just outside of Toronto. Habs suck, Leafs rule! :ROFLMAO:
They *could* bend but it takes a LOT to bend them. The voltage shock tower are awesome. Those, chassis braces and am M2C chassis and you are set.

The front of the chassis does kick up, so I think you are fine there. Regarding the tower, it's best you remove it, and pound it pack to flat. This should fix the problem with the mounts. You do have to remove everything from the tower to do this, but it is a minor inconvenience that will save you a lot of money. Leafs rock!

Took it apart last night, and it really was a bent shock tower. Hammered it flat, put it back in there and ordered a new one as a spare. Tx for the tips guys !

Yep that’s a plan. Once something has distortion then I don’t trust it to be as strong as original, same goes steering knuckles after a pillow ball has pulled through. I would hammer flat as you did and use it until the replacement came. The unit I hammered flat would become my emergency spare

Ideally I would have that, but I wanted to run this weekend and I don't have a spare yet. Just from bending it back, I can see the anodizing has turned a little pale ... not a good sign

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back