Kraton Bent shock towers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terrance

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Do these shock towers look bent to anyone else??

20200819_191011.jpg

20200819_191004.jpg

It's hammer time!
Take them off and they straighten easy enough with a hammer. you can be graceful and place between two pieces of wood.
I would do the rear first and make as good as the front. If that turns out better than the front then I would try the front.

Ya i figured man thanks. Does that front one look good to you?
It's hammer time!
Take them off and they straighten easy enough with a hammer. you can be graceful and place between two pieces of wood.
I would do the rear first and make as good as the front. If that turns out better than the front then I would try the front.
Thanks man!

Ya i figured man thanks. Does that front one look good to you?

Thanks man!
Front does look close to good enough from a pic, but I would put a straight edge behind it and check for yourself. Rear for sure is a dogs hind leg ?

The stock towers are pretty weak...they bend easy but also they are easy to bend back with a vice and crescent wrench/hammer. I went through a few of them and upgraded.

You can bend them back a few times, but they eventually crack, so it's a good idea to have a spare set on order, at least for the rear. Never had much issue with my front, but mine was an outcast, so the body took most of the abuse on the front.

I'm shocked. Pun intended I took apart my rear bulkhead to get ready to swap out the rear diff assembly and then I looked at the shock Tower and it looked like a damn banana from top to bottom. I guess I'm going to look for some titanium shock towers if they are a thing.

Back