Best $30 I spent in the hobby yet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes all is stock for now, besides 17mm hex extenders with badlands and driving on 3s
Oh that's for your Big Rock Crew Cab? Then yeah the red servo is probably even a bit overkill lol.

Just bought three JX waterproof 30 kg servo CLS5830HV and now biting my arms then realized that there is cheaper and stronger alternative as DS3235.

But anyway, do you see this new real monster from JX for 40(sic!) kg JX WP43?! That’s the thing that will shred your rig!!!

I just ordered a pair of the CLS-6322HV servos based on Kevin’s recommendations. Almost bought a Dumbro radio too, but just can’t handle the name.

I just ordered a pair of the CLS-6322HV servos based on Kevin’s recommendations. Almost bought a Dumbro radio too, but just can’t handle the name.
Yeah who thought it would be a good idea to name their company Dumborc?
Just bought three JX waterproof 30 kg servo CLS5830HV and now biting my arms then realized that there is cheaper and stronger alternative as DS3235.

But anyway, do you see this new real monster from JX for 40(sic!) kg JX WP43?! That’s the thing that will shred your rig!!!
All that power is worthless if they use aluminum, brass or copper for the gears. Hopefully they are at least steel.

Yeah who thought it would be a good idea to name their company Dumborc?

All that power is worthless if they use aluminum, brass or copper for the gears. Hopefully they are at least steel.

It’s stated as full metal gears, made in Taiwan, other options would be just silly with such a lot of torque
It’s stated as full metal gears, made in Taiwan, other options would be just silly with such a lot of torque
IP67 by the way!

Idk my Savox was $80 but it has treated me amazing. It’s been in there since I bought my Outcast (2 yr) 1st thing I replaced it’s still good. Will consider this as a back up though thanks

My savox 1210 has been in since I first got my Outcast. Like first thing I did years ago. Still going strong. $85 buck but for the durability it’s worth having to buy 2-3 cheap ones for sure. That was my first savox too. Think that’s all I’ll have. Maybe try this cheap one when it goes out just to see

I put a savox1210 in my kraton as well. my buddy also put one in his outcast. both have a castle bec to run them at 7.4v since the new version of them can run 7.4. ive went through 2 now and my buddy hasn't had a single issue. same set up same driving style. really not sure why I'm having such luck with them. Kind of disappointing. it was the same issue twice. it gets a dead spot in it where it will stall and wont move unless you nudge it and it starts working again. I'm about ready to just buy cheap ones and keep a few on hand.

I know that many here are sensitive about their Savox 1210sg's.:LOL: I have 2. I didn't like them. Both noisey out the box. Tried to warranty one and Savox blew me off. So I instead got 2 $33.00 AMZ FanModel 25kg servo's (coreless digital) 7.4v capable IMO. And My Kraton has been loving it for numerous runs. I shelved the worst Sav. 1210 and put the other 1210 in my sons crawler. I feel the 1210 is just not that great. Maybe I got a bad batch. A waste of $$$ nonetheless. I have a Savox 1230 in my Tekno MT and it is fine however.(y) It better be considering the price! Go figure. Savox is overpriced. "Some" other Taiwan Servos are just as good at 1/3 the price and cheap enough to toss and replace. But that AMZ FanModel Is incredible. there are other good /cheap black label servos to be had I am sure. When you find a good one you stick with it.
BTW, I find that selecting servo specs at 6v. is more accurate. Some servos advertised in the 7.4v genre don't live too long. They run hot and fail sooner.

Compared to the twin Savox 1258's pushing my Revo, the steering on the Outcast was anemic for sure. Wanting a ProTek 155ss I could only dream. Then I saw this:
DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC Servo, Stainless Steel & Aluminum Metal Gear - High Speed High Efficiency High Torque Waterproof Servo for Baja Cars RC Robot (Coreless Angel 270 Degree) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RNFQYD2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_loSiDb51YJGKT

I know, I know, just some rebranded Chinese crap right! Wrong, this is the quietest, smoothest feeling servo I have felt! Fast, and built better than I could imagine for such a price. Really wish I didn't invest over a $100 on those Savoxs.
View attachment 42589
Although, this thing has now showed me that the next upgrade is a mount. ?
Very happy to read this, I've got waiting in mail box for me when i get home tonight!!

The savox 1210sg died in my outcast yesterday. Only turns one direction now. $85 lasted 1 year.

Got the servo @Crewchief227 started with in this thread: DS3225 25KG:

Seems pretty quick and strong @6V. The savox lasted me a year, so if this only lasts 4 months... I'm still ahead financially. It came with a nice alloy servo arm that clamps onto the output shaft, but the one on the outcast fit fine, so I just kept that on there. One thing I did notice is that this servo will manually rotate 360 degrees. There isn't a mechanical stop inside. It rotates a lot easier/smoother than the savox when power isn't applied.

The savox 1210sg died in my outcast yesterday. Only turns one direction now. $85 lasted 1 year.

Got the servo @Crewchief227 started with in this thread: DS3225 25KG:

Seems pretty quick and strong @6V. The savox lasted me a year, so if this only lasts 4 months... I'm still ahead financially. It came with a nice alloy servo arm that clamps onto the output shaft, but the one on the outcast fit fine, so I just kept that on there. One thing I did notice is that this servo will manually rotate 360 degrees. There isn't a mechanical stop inside. It rotates a lot easier/smoother than the savox when power isn't applied.
To be honest I like this servo better than my Savox.

To be honest I like this servo better than my Savox.
I'll soon find out. I have a lower power JX 5821lv on my ERBE and may end up replacing it with a second one of these if it holds up. I was thinking of trying the JX 5830hv, even at 6V, it's fast and strong 343oz/.11sec. If I had noticed that while sitting in my car at the skate park perusing rcjuice.com on my phone, I'd have likely ordered it instead, but I remembered saving the DS3225 in my wish list on amazon, so I ordered it before I left the parking lot. lol!

I'll soon find out. I have a lower power JX 5821lv on my ERBE and may end up replacing it with a second one of these if it holds up. I was thinking of trying the JX 5830hv, even at 6V, it's fast and strong 343oz/.11sec. If I had noticed that while sitting in my car at the skate park perusing rcjuice.com on my phone, I'd have likely ordered it instead, but I remembered saving the DS3225 in my wish list on amazon, so I ordered it before I left the parking lot. lol!
I gave up on JX Servos. My 6221MG broke the case on its maiden voyage and the CLS-6036HV just up and died on me one day halfway through a run.
I'm actually thinking of picking up 2 more of those DS3225 25KG servos for my Summit.

I gave up on JX Servos. My 6221MG broke the case on its maiden voyage and the CLS-6036HV just up and died on me one day halfway through a run.
I'm actually thinking of picking up 2 more of those DS3225 25KG servos for my Summit.
Well, I bought a couple of the JX5821lv's just to have on hand since the first one worked so well and they were so cheap. Even if I do swap it out in my erbev2, they will still serve as a good backup for my ejato and stampede or my nitro revos. I run smaller/lighter tires on all of those so 270oz is plenty.

I bought one of these from Banggood:

JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG Large Torque 180° CNC Aluminium Shell Metal Gear Digital Coreless Servo

Fast as I can imagine a servo could be. Can’t even hold my Typhon back by grabbing the front wheels. It just flips around.

Well, the savox 1210sg blew what appears to be a mosfet (top/middle IC):
2019-0916-Savox1210sg-BlownIC-4509GM-74631E.jpg

Not sure I can find the proper replacement or if I could, remove it and solder in a new one... I'm not sure what the second row of numbers means. I was able to find quite a few 4509GM ic's...

Kind of pointless as really, it's not that waterproof as it turns out. There isn't an o-ring on the output shaft. Which means any water that gets in there runs right down into the motor then down to the circuit board which is very thinly coated with conformal, or mostly coated with it.

Do these develope play over time? The jx ones I use last a good while but get a lot of play in them. I only have one a savox, it is a 1270tg (maybe tm?). It has zero play and is at least a year and a half old.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back