Best $30 I spent in the hobby yet!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crewchief227

Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Compared to the twin Savox 1258's pushing my Revo, the steering on the Outcast was anemic for sure. Wanting a ProTek 155ss I could only dream. Then I saw this:
DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC Servo, Stainless Steel & Aluminum Metal Gear - High Speed High Efficiency High Torque Waterproof Servo for Baja Cars RC Robot (Coreless Angel 270 Degree) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RNFQYD2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_loSiDb51YJGKT

I know, I know, just some rebranded Chinese crap right! Wrong, this is the quietest, smoothest feeling servo I have felt! Fast, and built better than I could imagine for such a price. Really wish I didn't invest over a $100 on those Savoxs.
20190707_211236.jpg

Although, this thing has now showed me that the next upgrade is a mount. ?

Cool.
Most of the guys I crawl with use those 12$ JX 20kg servos, and I don't think one of them failed. I have two of them somewhere in my RC cave for spares. I think it's better to get a couple of cheapos than a 100+ $ savox or whatever. Maybe they don't exactly meet the specs but they do really good and if one dies or gets sloppy after a while, just toss it out and install a new one instead of repairing or sending back for a replacement.

I'm a huge JX fan, but I did kill one the other day at the track, maybe over did my endpoints? Thanks for sharing, it really is great to have a budget option. I'm always looking for good servos as I have quite a few cars to run.
Was gonna get a JX, but this had better specs, maybe I'll take some pics when I take her apart to check for grease.

Added the DS3225 to my wish list in case my savox 1210 in my outcast dies. Although, I just ordered a couple more DC-5821LV servos to have on hand as the one I put in my ERBEv1 seems to work ok, especially for a $15 servo. lol!

Thanks for the recommendation, will have to check it out when the time comes.

I got the 25kg ds servo and 20kg both failed after 3 months of use. I got a remplacement for the 20kg one just need to put it on my kraton

I ordered this one for my BRCC, hopefully it work just as well as mentioned above when i get it.
Bought this one back in March, put it in my kraton, it's working great! no issues.. I have seen faster on some FB posts.. but for the price it can't be beat! I bought a second one to have on the shelf.. love banggood but the shipping it crazy long!

RCdude81 said in a recent video that he uses Power Hobby 23kg servos at about $40. I'm thinking to try those out.

I bought the Banggood 4 red DS 25kg special earlier this month & just got them in yesterday (priority mail FTW). They are better than the 20kg JX servo in every way: better quality, faster, stronger, way less noise, pulls less amps, & they're cheaper. They seem to be nearly twice as fast as the JX servo & can actually move the Backflip tires on the Outcast sitting still in grass while the JX can barely move them on the sidewalk. After using the JX servo for years because it was so cheap, I'm convinced that the stock servo is stronger although it's gears are definitely weaker than the JX. This blue DS is even faster & have steel gears. I'll have to get a few of them as well.

After looking around I found this little gem: DS3235sg I hate ordering from Ali sometimes but I have received everything so far. Hopefully this goes just as well.

Last edited:
Compared to the twin Savox 1258's pushing my Revo, the steering on the Outcast was anemic for sure. Wanting a ProTek 155ss I could only dream. Then I saw this:
DS3225 25KG Coreless Digital RC Servo, Stainless Steel & Aluminum Metal Gear - High Speed High Efficiency High Torque Waterproof Servo for Baja Cars RC Robot (Coreless Angel 270 Degree) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RNFQYD2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_loSiDb51YJGKT

I know, I know, just some rebranded Chinese crap right! Wrong, this is the quietest, smoothest feeling servo I have felt! Fast, and built better than I could imagine for such a price. Really wish I didn't invest over a $100 on those Savoxs.
View attachment 42589

View attachment 42589
Crew Chief, thank you! My stock Kraton servo died late last week and I needed a replacement quick for weekend bashing. Found your post and ended up pulling the trigger. I am super impressed with the quality for 30 bucks. Blows stock out of the water. I went ahead and purchased a second one for my Outcast. FYI, if your not in a hurry they are $14 on aliexpress.

Crew Chief, thank you! My stock Kraton servo died late last week and I needed a replacement quick for weekend bashing. Found your post and ended up pulling the trigger. I am super impressed with the quality for 30 bucks. Blows stock out of the water. I went ahead and purchased a second one for my Outcast. FYI, if your not in a hurry they are $14 on aliexpress.
Shows $18.61 on my end. Do you have a link?

Idk my Savox was $80 but it has treated me amazing. It’s been in there since I bought my Outcast (2 yr) 1st thing I replaced it’s still good. Will consider this as a back up though thanks

View attachment 42589
Added the DS3225 to my wish list in case my savox 1210 in my outcast dies. Although, I just ordered a couple more DC-5821LV servos to have on hand as the one I put in my ERBEv1 seems to work ok, especially for a $15 servo. lol!
My savox 1210 has been in since I first got my Outcast. Like first thing I did years ago. Still going strong. $85 buck but for the durability it’s worth having to buy 2-3 cheap ones for sure. That was my first savox too. Think that’s all I’ll have. Maybe try this cheap one when it goes out just to see

Don't know how much it differs with the one i ordered DS3225 25kg (still waiting on it)

The red one DS3225 https://www.banggood.com/DSSERVO-DS...-1353688.html?rmmds=myorder&cur_warehouse=USA
DC brushed motor,
Operating voltage: 4.8 - 6.8V
Operating speed ( 5.0V ): 0.15 sec/60 degree
Operating speed ( 6.8V ): 0.13 sec/60 degree
Stall torque ( 5.0V ): 21kg/cm
Stall torque ( 6.8V ): 25kg/cm
Gear type copper & aluminum

The blue one DS3225 digital coreless servo https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RNFQYD2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_loSiDb51YJGKT?tag=arrma-20
Coreless digital motor
Operating voltage 5.0 - 7.4V
Operating speed (5.0v) 0.10 sec/60 degree
Operating speed (6.0v) 0.08 sec/60 degree
Operating speed (7.4v) 0.07 sec/60 degree
Stall torque (5.0v) 22kg/cm
Stall torque (6.0v) 24kg/cm
Stall torque (7.4v) 25kg/cm
Gear type stainless steel & aluminum

Yes the blue one is stronger and a better choice i see now, but as a spare one the red one will do.
The red one will be just fine especially if you are still running the stock esc.

Yes all is stock for now, besides 17mm hex extenders with badlands, i thought it was necessary for the wider stance.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back