Best 3S Lipo Hardshell?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EliJohnson1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have been running a Lectron Pro 6s with my Kraton for the last 2 years. And although it has been great, it has taken a beating. I just retired the battery to a Bateries Plus+ and I am currently looking for 2 3S lipos that are hardshells. The reason I’m going with two 3S is if one poops out on me I don’t have to buy another $100+ battery I can just get like a $50 one. I was wondering what batteries you guys use and what batteries you suggest? If any of you were wondering the condition of my battery, it was puffed on each side. Dented near the connectors. I had just gotten the car back from my hobby shop after getting a servo replacement and he had kept it in a lipo bag not charged just Incase it went up in flames. When I took it back he said to immediately get rid of it and said “If you can make it to a Batteries Plus that would be great in order to get rid of your bomb, I mean battery.” I just thought this was funny.

I have lectron soft packs in my bashers but they are bending and not looking so good after only a few months but they still run like the day I got them so I like them as well. I have venom 2s hard packs in my little traxxas and I swear one is already losing run time after a month. Rich D uses 2-3 different batteries in his vids. You should check them out...They are off brand but I plan on getting a few of the "power hobby" ( i could be wrong on that name, look it up yourself) packs as soon as i need them. Good luck.

That’s what I liked about my 6s. Although the condition was awful it ran like new. I don’t know how they do it.

yeah, I run 2 3s packs but I think Im gonna switch to a single 4s. Lighter and I hate charging 2 packs for 1 run...Id rather charge 2 and I can bring 2 trucks or run 2x.

I have lectron soft packs in my bashers but they are bending and not looking so good after only a few months but they still run like the day I got them so I like them as well. I have venom 2s hard packs in my little traxxas and I swear one is already losing run time after a month. Rich D uses 2-3 different batteries in his vids. You should check them out...They are off brand but I plan on getting a few of the "power hobby" ( i could be wrong on that name, look it up yourself) packs as soon as i need them. Good luck.

lectron

I have been running a Lectron Pro 6s with my Kraton for the last 2 years. And although it has been great, it has taken a beating. I just retired the battery to a Bateries Plus+ and I am currently looking for 2 3S lipos that are hardshells. The reason I’m going with two 3S is if one poops out on me I don’t have to buy another $100+ battery I can just get like a $50 one. I was wondering what batteries you guys use and what batteries you suggest? If any of you were wondering the condition of my battery, it was puffed on each side. Dented near the connectors. I had just gotten the car back from my hobby shop after getting a servo replacement and he had kept it in a lipo bag not charged just Incase it went up in flames. When I took it back he said to immediately get rid of it and said “If you can make it to a Batteries Plus that would be great in order to get rid of your bomb, I mean battery.” I just thought this was funny.

Using 2 3s vs 1 6s to save money is a good theory but in reality you should not pair an old pack with a new pack in series. The older pack will almost surely have a diminished capacity (mAh) compared to the new one. This can cause an over discharge situation with the old one (possible fire being the result) This can happen because the voltage the ESC cut off see's is the total voltage of all the cells combined not individual cell voltage. Therefore an older pack can become over discharged while the new one is still ok.

Using 2 3s vs 1 6s to save money is a good theory but in reality you should not pair an old pack with a new pack in series. The older pack will almost surely have a diminished capacity (mAh) compared to the new one. This can cause an over discharge situation with the old one (possible fire being the result) This can happen because the voltage the ESC cut off see's is the total voltage of all the cells combined not individual cell voltage. Therefore an older pack can become over discharged while the new one is still ok.

Yup never mix old and new batteries of any type together in any electronic device.

Never thought of it that way. Now I’m confused ?. I don’t know if I should do two 3S or one 6s any suggestions?

Ok. Thanks. What brand do you recommend?

I'll stay away from making a hard recommendation, as issues are entirely possible with any brand. But SMC, Turnigy, Power Hobby, gensacearespammers seem to be fairly popular. As of late I have been using Vant batteries without issue (yet). Just stay at 50c or above for constant discharge rating.

Here's a video why you shouldn't pair them up. I also run a hardcase 6s lipo.

If you did run two 3s lipos and one dies just retire it recycle the bad one to your 3s granite and you're good to go!

I'll stay away from making a hard recommendation, as issues are entirely possible with any brand. But SMC, Turnigy, Power Hobby, gensacearespammers seem to be fairly popular. As of late I have been using Vant batteries without issue (yet). Just stay at 50c or above for constant discharge rating.
I've heard some good stuff about Vant batteries lately.

I love my gensacearespammers 5000 50c in my 3s big rock! Its perfectly matched and delivers praised runs time after time! Very consistent.

gensacearespammers here too. I bought the first on a Hobby town recommendation, and I tend to stick with what I find that works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back