Vorteks Best 4s motor/esc combo for a 1/10 scale vorteks?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blank

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Looking to make my car a 4s, but don't know what to use. I looked at the max10, but then realized the motor is 3s rated. So, any suggestions?

But did you look at the Max10 SCT version ??
This one IS 4s.;)
Choosing the Correct Kv motor for your Vorteks, is paramount however!!

I would either just do a Spektrum 130a ESC and run the 3s motor or jump to a Max8 combo. I have a 130a Spektrum in my Vorteks and it's a blast.

Yes, SCT. The kv matches with the stock vorteks motor. But, on this website it says that the motor is 2-3s.
I know, I saw that also. That is why I said that you have to carefully pick the right Kv motor. Dropping down in KV over stock might be better?
Because you are upping the volts. Why are you going 4s anyway?
3s seems to be the sweet spot for the Vorteks and most 4x4's. Drivetrain reasons.

I know, I saw that also. That is why I said that you have to carefully pick the right Kv motor. Dropping down in KV over stock might be better?
Because you are upping the volts. Why are you going 4s anyway?
3s seems to be the sweet spot for the Vorteks and most 4x4's. Drivetrain reasons.
Now that I've thought about it, I might not switch. Should I just buy myself another stock motor? The other one that I have is completely fried.

Absolutely get just a new motor. (y)Treat yourself to a nice quality brand motor.;) And maintain it well.
The Vorteks stocker ESC isn't all that IMHO, but, if it isn't broke don't fix it.
(or bother to replace it yet)

Now that I've thought about it, I might not switch. Should I just buy myself another stock motor? The other one that I have is completely fried.

Hop onto Jenny's rc and get a replacement for cheap or get a nicer 3s motor unless you feel you're lacking in the power department. Just be aware that the jump 4s can be a deep rabbit hole $$$

Check out some build threads of guys making these 4s and see if that's something you wanna do.

I've blown both diffs, switched to metal, alot of slipper clutch parts, drive shafts, and cvds trying to figure it out. Still working on figuring it out actually 😂😂😂 in the process of upgrading to the 4s suspension parts for the bigger driveshafts we'll see what happens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back