Typhon Best 6s battery (for cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernzapan

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
So I’m admittedly not great at managing lipos. I play it safe (lipo bag while charging, am present during the charge), but I don’t have a charger that gives me a read out. so far I’ve went through 1 4s, and 2 3s batts ($230). It’s getting costly. Can anyone reco a 6s batt that’s under the $100 mark and decent quality?

I don’t do a lot of jumps / bashing. Mostly just take it out and drive fast / drift.

Attachments

• 7C86EFC1-B01C-4FEC-9670-B77F7443FF68.jpeg
    7C86EFC1-B01C-4FEC-9670-B77F7443FF68.jpeg
    474.3 KB · Views: 204
Ovonic 5200mah 6s at ampow for a deal about $46.

View attachment 39998

Wow! That's a very inexpensive 6s pack. 50c if it's legit is enough discharge rate. This pack is half the cost I'd expect. Plus looks like free shipping at $50 or more purchase.
Are you well familiar with these? I'm tempted to buy a couple at this price.

I typically buy batteries when they are on sale. I have lost plenty of packs due to damage from bad landings. I have been protecting the batteries a bit better lately, but accidents still happen. I bent a brand new 6s pack on its first run a few months ago.

I just bought 4 of the Ovonic 4500mAh 50C packs for roughly $160 (memorial day sale). I don't mind the shorter run times, but it cuts down on the total weight of the trucks, and I have 4 batteries for the price of 2 of my other packs. Haven't run them yet, I just finished soldering XT150s to them all.

I typically buy batteries when they are on sale. I have lost plenty of packs due to damage from bad landings. I have been protecting the batteries a bit better lately, but accidents still happen. I bent a brand new 6s pack on its first run a few months ago.

I just bought 4 of the Ovonic 4500mAh 50C packs for roughly $160 (memorial day sale). I don't mind the shorter run times, but it cuts down on the total weight of the trucks, and I have 4 batteries for the price of 2 of my other packs. Haven't run them yet, I just finished soldering XT150s to them all.
I don't mind 4500 mah either...especially in the heat of the south where I'd have to rest and cool down anyway. May as well change a pack out while I wait.
Hoping to hear if others have been successful with the Ovonic 6s packs. True 50c is important as I don't want any lower than that for my 6s trucks. Seems almost too good to be true but I'm willing to hear out guys with experience.

I don't mind 4500 mah either...especially in the heat of the south where I'd have to rest and cool down anyway. May as well change a pack out while I wait.
Exactly, these things get pretty hot when its over 100 outside. I'm on the throttle most of the time and never really check temps. I just run another truck while the other is in a cooldown period.

I tried a 30c 5000mAh 4s pack in my Hex6/Hobbystar 4092 setup. It got pretty warm, but I didn't notice anything abnormal. I have a mix of 40-50c packs for all my 6s stuff and they all seem to run cool.

Wow! That's a very inexpensive 6s pack. 50c if it's legit is enough discharge rate. This pack is half the cost I'd expect. Plus looks like free shipping at $50 or more purchase.
Are you well familiar with these? I'm tempted to buy a couple at this price.
many guys like ovonic really much. you should have a try.

Side by side of my new Ovonic 4500s, Turnigy 5.0, and my trusty HRB (thats also bent).

I do like the balance plug on these. The big plastic end makes it easier to yank out of the balance board. It wont fit into the little plug protector that is built into the battery tray though. But since this battery is so much smaller, I'm going to wrap them in something to help dampen impacts and hopefully it'll last a long time.

I think you should invest in a decent charger that balances the packs. You won’t kill your packs anymore and they will last longer. Get that $50 pack and then buy a single pack charger with the rest of the money you were willing to spend.
I was actually reading through everything and was thinking that from the original post and was amazed that nobody recommended that right away. If your charger doesn't have a display, it is either extremely cheap, or very old and either way should be upgraded and will save you money in the long run from not having to replace batteries all the time.

Turnigy Heavy duty is a very high quality battery with a very reasonable price point. These have been proven to last for years and take some punishment along the way...
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-5000mah-6s-40c-lipo-pack-xt90.html

They have many versions some with higher C-ratings. I used to use an older model that was 20c/40c rated and it performed within 1% of an SMC's best 150c rated battery. You have to take the C-ratings with a grain of salt since they are made up numbers anyway.

I just bought 2 of the Ovonic 5200mAh 6S packs. They are very long running batteries. They both charge to right under 5500mAh & last between 30-35 mins. I bought them on a whim after seeing what the 4S variants could do in a DBXL-e. I only have 4 runs on each pack after 2 days but I'm terribly impressed with the power of these packs. Not only that but the power doesn't seem to curve down until LVC, but they are new packs & I've had similar experiences with other new batteries. The quality is fairly high as well, even more so than the Turnigy & HRB packs that I use the most. Needless to say, it's the cheapest 6S packs I ever bought. If they can retain a decent charge I may just have a new main goto.

I just bought 2 of the Ovonic 5200mAh 6S packs. They are very long running batteries. They both charge to right under 5500mAh & last between 30-35 mins. I bought them on a whim after seeing what the 4S variants could do in a DBXL-e. I only have 4 runs on each pack after 2 days but I'm terribly impressed with the power of these packs. Not only that but the power doesn't seem to curve down until LVC, but they are new packs & I've had similar experiences with other new batteries. The quality is fairly high as well, even more so than the Turnigy & HRB packs that I use the most. Needless to say, it's the cheapest 6S packs I ever bought. If they can retain a decent charge I may just have a new main goto.
These?

https://www.amazon.com/5200mAh-T-RE...ter/dp/B07JQ2Y78R?ref_=bl_dp_s_mw_18105245011

View attachment 39998
Thank. You!

View attachment 39998

View attachment 39998
This seems like the best option, it just doesn’t ship to Canada .?
Thank. You!

Is this a good alt:
[CA$82.34 14% OFF]ZOP Power 22.2V 6200mAh 6S 45C Lipo Battery XT60 Plug With Battery Alarm RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/QcLJ4BHofX

Now that one of the cells finally went bad in my older set of 3s gensacearespammers batteries, I find myself paying particular attention to this thread. Checking all my local hobby stores, the cheapest 6s 5000 mAh battery I've found, is $180 CAD, or about $115 US. Now that I read @Bernzapan's reply, I went on Amazon.ca, and they don't offer the 6s to Canada. WTF! Is there anywhere else we can buy Ovonic batteries?
Thank. You!

Is this a good alt:
[CA$82.34 14% OFF]ZOP Power 22.2V 6200mAh 6S 45C Lipo Battery XT60 Plug With Battery Alarm RC Parts from Toys Hobbies and Robot on banggood.com https://banggood.app.link/QcLJ4BHofX
I was hoping for at least 50c. Amazon offers HRB at at good rate, but most of the reviews on the forum say they bend like boomerangs.
And Turnigy doesn't ship to Canada either?

Last edited:
Now that one of the cells finally went bad in my older set of 3s gensacearespammers batteries, I find myself paying particular attention to this thread. Checking all my local hobby stores, the cheapest 6s 5000 mAh battery I've found, is $180 CAD, or about $115 US. Now that I read @Bernzapan's reply, I went on Amazon.ca, and they don't offer the 6s to Canada. WTF! Is there anywhere else we can buy Ovonic batteries?

I was hoping for at least 50c. Amazon offers HRB at at good rate, but most of the reviews on the forum say they bend like boomerangs.
And Turnigy doesn't ship to Canada either?
They actually have a store site. It took a while to find since it was a different name & they do ship to Canada (y) https://www.ampow.com/ovonic-50c-5200mah-6s1p-xt90-lipo-battery.html

I'm amazed at how many people run soft packs in these things. That sht makes me nervous, I know how I drive.
Yeah, I put foam it my trays. My luck with hard packs has been non-existent.
Not the 6s. If you click on the link at the top, and change it to Canada, only 3s max options become available, and the 3s only come with deans connectors. Same results on Amazon.ca. The search continues.........................
They should ship to Canada through the US warehouse as well.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back