Typhon Best 6s battery (for cheap)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Curious what you guys are doing to bend your packs and what version of truck/battery tray you have. I've only been running 6S in my outcast a short time (2 months), but I run 2x3S soft packs. I've bashed 11 different days and ran at least 2 sets of packs through the truck each day. I don't run it easy either. Quite a bit of big WOT air and rough landings. I do what I can to avoid lawn dart landings. I'd rather land flat on the roof than lawn dart, but there are a few here and there.

I ran SMC 2S 9000mah soft packs in my ERBEv1 and SavageFluxHP for over a year and never bent those either.

What problems have you had with hard packs? Maybe it's something I need to keep in mind. I've heard of them sometimes splitting, but nothing else.
Mostly splitting but I had one that when it split, the top of the casing cut through the balance wires ?

Ovanics kick ass I've got 6 of um from 2s thru 6 s. They the best bang for ur buck by far.
Have you used anything else in the same vehicles you've run them in?

I thought the HRB5000 50C 3S were pretty good, which they are for the $, but when I put in a pair of the Hobbystar 6200 50C 3S in my outcast, the performance difference was noticeable. A lot more punch out of the hobby stars. The HRB's aren't bad the first 2/3 of the pack, but the punch drops quite a bit after that until 3.4V.

I thought the HRB5000 50C 3S were pretty good, which they are for the $, but when I put in a pair of the Hobbystar 6200 50C 3S in my outcast, the performance difference was noticeable. A lot more punch out of the hobby stars. The HRB's aren't bad the first 2/3 of the pack, but the punch drops quite a bit after that until 3.4V.
I have a couple 4s 100c 5200 Hobbystars for the small lot where I really can't run the 6S and they're fun too.

I picked up the HRB 6s 5000 mAh 50c today. Size is right, weight is slightly down from two 3s, and for $102 CAD, figured I'd just have to try.

I picked up the HRB 6s 5000 mAh 50c today. Size is right, weight is slightly down from two 3s, and for $102 CAD, figured I'd just have to try.
I had 2 HRB 6000 mAh 6S 50c that both recently puffed & died. They lasted about 2 years. The one thing I didn't like about them was that they barely fit in the tray. I bought a HRB 5000 mAh 50c last month & the Ovonic 5200 mAh 50c definitely has more power from 3.7v to 3.4v while the HRB are mostly unusable under 3.6v. The Ovonic packs last about 10 mins longer.

I had 2 HRB 6000 mAh 6S 50c that both recently puffed & died. They lasted about 2 years. The one thing I didn't like about them was that they barely fit in the tray. I bought a HRB 5000 mAh 50c last month & the Ovonic 5200 mAh 50c definitely has more power from 3.7v to 3.4v while the HRB are mostly unusable under 3.6v. The Ovonic packs last about 10 mins longer.
I was really hoping to get the Ovonics after reading all the commentary today. I even signed into their site to make sure I knew what I had access to. Unfortunately, whether on their site or through Amazon.com, no shipping 6s to Canada. It seems like there is some sort of 3s cap through all brands except HRB and a few other lesser known brands. I even logged in to the SMC site, and as soon as I put my shipping address, all options were reduced to 3s and smaller. At $100 CAD, or give or take $70 US, with free shipping, I figure the HRB is at least worth a shot, plus I'll have it by tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Curious what you guys are doing to bend your packs and what version of truck/battery tray you have.

My V3 Kraton found a good chunk of concrete and bent a brand new 6s pack, took some time to hammer the chassis flat again. I had a strap break on a bad landing and the battery exited stage left.
The V4 landed on a log, bending the chassis and a 6s pack. Then a week after the log landed on a curb, damaging another pack.
My 3s Senton had a bad landing on the tail and the battery shifted rearward, smashing the circuit board on the end of that battery.

I have added a couple layers of tool box drawer liner in the battery tray to try to soften the blows.

I was really hoping to get the Ovonics after reading all the commentary today. I even signed into their site to make sure I knew what I had access to. Unfortunately, whether on their site or through Amazon.com, no shipping 6s to Canada. It seems like there is some sort of 3s cap through all brands except HRB and a few other lesser known brands. I even logged in to the SMC site, and as soon as I put my shipping address, all options were reduced to 3s and smaller. At $100 CAD, or give or take $70 US, with free shipping, I figure the HRB is at least worth a shot, plus I'll have it by tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Nothing wrong with the hrb I have 3 of them 1 of them is over a year old still doing good

I'm amazed at how many people run soft packs in these things. That sht makes me nervous, I know how I drive.
Have done for two year's with no problems. I put a piece of foam underneath the bottom one. My 2 3s are slightly bent but still going strong ?

I am about to get a Typhon V4, but am a little concerned by the 51mm height restriction due to lower body shell.

I'm in the UK, so Ovonic doesn't seem to be available and HRB are the easiest to source. Looking at the dimensions, it appears that the 6000mah won't fit at all and the 5000 will be very tight. 4000 will fit, but I am guessing I'll get quite a short run time with that.

What is everyone else running in their Typhon V4s?

I am about to get a Typhon V4, but am a little concerned by the 51mm height restriction due to lower body shell.

I'm in the UK, so Ovonic doesn't seem to be available and HRB are the easiest to source. Looking at the dimensions, it appears that the 6000mah won't fit at all and the 5000 will be very tight. 4000 will fit, but I am guessing I'll get quite a short run time with that.

The 5000 will fit my buddy have the typhon and the 5000 hrb

Both the 6000 & 5000 fit but the 6000 leaves the body humped a bit. The 5000 has no problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back