Granite Best all purpose tires for Granite

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4Bash

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I have not had any luck with the stock tires that came on my granite mega. After upgrading the truck to brushless two of my tires just tore up and went flying everywhere on its first speed run. Went down to the LHS and bought two more.

On my second run, doing some light backflips. Nothing crazy. I did a quick throttle punch to bring the truck around and then one of the remaining originally tires blew out exactly the same as the other two.

Is there a better tire/wheel combo i can get? Can I buy just the tire and glue/mount it myself? Like I'm cool with bashing and having to replace broken parts but it doesn't seem like anyone else is out there ripping their tires off from doing simple small back flips.

Are the tires vented? I had the same issue with my BLX V2 stock tires this summer. They weren't vented. V3 come vented and I've had no issues. I'd assume you're running the same but not sure if the Mega has different tires.

Looks like you linked the same thing twice
Are the tires vented? I had the same issue with my BLX V2 stock tires this summer. They weren't vented. V3 come vented and I've had no issues. I'd assume you're running the same but not sure if the Mega has different tires.
They have two tiny little holes on each side. This is where the tires seem to tear from.

Last edited:
Looks like you linked the same thing twice

They have two tiny little holes on each side. This is where the tires seem to tear from.
Oh shoot sorry. Fixed.

Hey guys. I have not had any luck with the stock tires that came on my granite mega. After upgrading the truck to brushless two of my tires just tore up and went flying everywhere on its first speed run. Went down to the LHS and bought two more.

On my second run, doing some light backflips. Nothing crazy. I did a quick throttle punch to bring the truck around and then one of the remaining originally tires blew out exactly the same as the other two.

Is there a better tire/wheel combo i can get? Can I buy just the tire and glue/mount it myself? Like I'm cool with bashing and having to replace broken parts but it doesn't seem like anyone else is out there ripping their tires off from doing simple small back flips.
Trenchers
Trenchers
Granite tires are the worst

I used the Granite 3s wheels and tires on a BRCC for over a year and never had issues. I did close the inner holes and vented the outside.
Great tires, never had issues, maybe it's just luck 🤷‍♂️

Duratrax / Louise RC also have some great tire/wheel combo's for the Granite

I used the Granite 3s wheels and tires on a BRCC for over a year and never had issues. I did close the inner holes and vented the outside.
Great tires, never had issues, maybe it's just luck 🤷‍♂️

Duratrax / Louise RC also have some great tire/wheel combo's for the Granite

Can you explain the process of closing the inner whole and venting the outside?

While I love my MX28s, I would recommend you look into the Duratrax and Louise brands as a lower cost alternative.

While I love my MX28s, I would recommend you look into the Duratrax and Louise brands as a lower cost alternative.
I know for sure that the 3.8 Durtrax MT tires that I tried out on my Outcast 6s didn't work too well for me . I cracked one of my rims like on the third run when they were new and they ballooned like crazy. Different application than the vehicle mentioned here, but I just wanted to give my feedback on that particular model. Maybe the 2.8 ones are better from DuraTrax for the Granite?

I know for sure that the 3.8 Durtrax MT tires that I tried out on my Outcast 6s didn't work too well for me . I cracked one of my rims like on the third run when they were new and they ballooned like crazy. Different application than the vehicle mentioned here, but I just wanted to give my feedback on that particular model. Maybe the 2.8 ones are better from DuraTrax for the Granite?
I’ve never had any 3.8 Duratrax tires either. Only 2.8 and buggy. So far they don't seem to take 6S, so I would be careful about that.

The 2.8 Lockups while proving tons of grip turned into ginormous pizza cutters instantly on my Stampede 4x4, after a few uses the tires had rips in them and the foams were gone. I've beaten the crap out of my Stampede with Proline Mashers for over a year and they haven't even come unglued yet.

The 2.8 Lockups while proving tons of grip turned into ginormous pizza cutters instantly on my Stampede 4x4, after a few uses the tires had rips in them and the foams were gone. I've beaten the crap out of my Stampede with Proline Mashers for over a year and they haven't even come unglued yet.
Do those work with trucks with 12mm hexes? Proline Mashers? I'll look them up. Thanks for the info 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back