Granite Best arrma for skatepark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Nero
Looking to get rig for skatepark. Would the granite 3s blx or outcast blx be best?

I would go Granite due to the shorter a-arms, which are a major weakness on the 4S rigs. It’s an easy fix tho. Just need to buy a set of RPM arms. But the Granite is plenty fast for bashing.

Skatepark best is Granite 3s imo. Short wheelbase and ready to go out of the box. Tires are good from the start. You can open it up, charge a pack and go to the park in the same 90 minutes of time. It takes a beating for the money and easy to repair.

Skatepark best is Granite 3s imo. Short wheelbase and ready to go out of the box. Tires are good from the start. You can open it up, charge a pack and go to the park in the same 90 minutes of time. It takes a beating for the money and easy to repair.

How about stock shocks...keep until they leak/break or replace ASAP? If I keep stock is it worth the hassle to change shock oil (50 wt)?

This will strictly be for skatepark. Already own Nero 6s, Kraton 6s and typhon 3s. I thought about turning typhon 3s into skatepark ready...but like the shorter wheelbase of Granite.

How about stock shocks...keep until they leak/break or replace ASAP? If I keep stock is it worth the hassle to change shock oil (50 wt)?

This will strictly be for skatepark. Already own Nero 6s, Kraton 6s and typhon 3s. I thought about turning typhon 3s into skatepark ready...but like the shorter wheelbase of Granite.
If you can find them, some Typhon 6S shocks would be best. @slick2500 has a thread about 3S shocks.

I think you'll want new shocks. Lots of discussion here to make a choice. My granite shocks started leaking as soon as I thought about going to the skate park.

Btw, are your Nero hubs interchangeable with your Kraton hubs? Wondering if the hot racing Nero extensions 5MM will fit my Mojave.

Btw, are your Nero hubs interchangeable with your Kraton hubs? Wondering if the hot racing Nero extensions 5MM will fit my Mojave.
[/QUOTE]

Never tried to swap...but just looked at pics online and Kraton has hex shaped and nero has round shaped hub. Pull up the manual online and double check

Thanks. I did and they don't cross reference. Checked a couple days ago but hoped for a miracle anyway. I'll keep searching for the solution.
Good luck on that Granite and if you can find some Typhon 6s shocks you'll be perfect. ?

Looking to get rig for skatepark. Would the granite 3s blx or outcast blx be best?
A Notorious/Outcast 6s makes a mean skate park basher. Couple of quick upgrades and it's good to go. You get really high levels of control with the 6s, and the added weight makes it feel stable when whipping it around and sending it up in the air. I've seen people whipping Granites around, and they look like a lot of fun, but they don't seem to track as well as the bigger 6s, so they might not be as easy to control.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back