Typhon Best Arrma for YOUR $

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alert

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi all,

I'm quite new to the rc hobby and i love the Arrma Forum, so let me start by thanking you all for contributing to that!

I've been reading a lot and noticed I keep changing my mind on what is the best Arrma for your money. So why not start a thread and ask you?

Please include model and reason why. Feel free to substantiate your answer any way you like but remember: It's not about the best Arrma, it's about the best Arrma for your buck! In boxing they talk about best boxer pound for pound, enabling comparison of boxers in different weight classes. In this case you could say, which is the best Arrma $ for $?
Of course much depends on what you want to use your rig for; bashing, speed runs, whatever... That's ok, feel free to choose (or not). Just include in your answer why Arrma X for bashing or speed runs or whatever... or overall.

If you own it please post pics/vids!?

Currently I'm leaning towards the Typhon 6S v4 for best Arrma for your buck(overall/versatile) and will probably change my mind(fall in love with others) many more times. But since I HAVE to choose a prefix to start a thread I chose Typhon for that reason alone.

(Sorry if a similar thread already excists. As I said haven't been here that long and still have 17576 unread posts to read?)

Last edited:
I've owned 3 arrma's now, vortex (which is discontinued) granite 2wd (2014 or 2016 spec) and now the talion. All 3 have been awesome RC's. it really depends on what you want to spend.

You could go with the the grainte 2wd voltage for $99.99, the granite 4x4 mega for $220, granite 4x4 blx for $299, the senton 4x4 mega or blx or you can go to the top to the 6s Mojave, typhon, talion, Keaton or the 8s capable 1/5 kraton

I've owned 3 arrma's now, vortex (which is discontinued) granite 2wd (2014 or 2016 spec) and now the talion. All 3 have been awesome RC's. it really depends on what you want to spend.

You could go with the the grainte 2wd voltage for $99.99, the granite 4x4 mega for $220, granite 4x4 blx for $299, the senton 4x4 mega or blx or you can go to the top to the 6s Mojave, typhon, talion, Keaton or the 8s capable 1/5 kraton

Yes there is a lot of choice but if you must choose, which is best for your $?

This is what she looks like after about 2 weeks in a parking lot. Still running stock everything except for I rebuilt the center diff and put 1m weight oil in it. I'm gonna take it out today on lunch to see if it made a difference.

Attachments

• 15905067510057816986423662639299.jpg
    15905067510057816986423662639299.jpg
    324.4 KB · Views: 46
  • 15905067789787801348420032099969.jpg
    15905067789787801348420032099969.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 15905068374221499079742524150820.jpg
    15905068374221499079742524150820.jpg
    321.9 KB · Views: 49
I wouldnt say that the Typhon is the most versatile, that would be the Talion in my opinion (i have both).
Typhon will struggle on tougher terrain. and the Talion is still agile and fit for speed like the Typhon.

I would go on the Talion for versatility.

I'll elaborate a little more on the Kraton 6s.

Due to the larger tires and wheels it rotates well to do backflips etc. The long travel suspension gives it race Truggy like suspension. I was very impressed with the handling. The higher ground clearance allows for going through some taller grass and non ideal terrain.
But wait there's more... it can go fast too. I did 65mph with the speed pinion installed and went 96 mph with the GRP belted tires and a spool setup.

My very first attempts doing backflips (cake walk)

96mph on stock electronics

I'll elaborate a little more on the Kraton 6s.

Due to the larger tires and wheels it rotates well to do backflips etc. The long travel suspension gives it race Truggy like suspension. I was very impressed with the handling. The higher ground clearance allows for going through some taller grass and non ideal terrain.
But wait there's more... it can go fast too. I did 65mph with the speed pinion installed and went 96 mph with the GRP belted tires and a spool setup.

My very first attempts doing backflips (cake walk)

96mph on stock electronics
What pinion did you use for that kind of speed and how did you keep the front end down.

Depends on the sort and size of terrain you will use it on.
You can put a boxer on a basketball court but he won't do much good :LOL:
Totally up to you, you're free to choose. If you hang out on a court a lot cause thats your prefrence, choose any basketball player you'd like??

What pinion did you use for that kind of speed and how did you keep the front end down.
I installed the Nero BLX springs which are very stiff.
Setup some rake in the suspension and lowered with the droop screws (I think I installed longer ones)
37T pinion and 34T spur gear. I know that sounds crazy but the Kraton has a higher diff ratio and of course the 98mm GRPs require more gear also.

I installed the Nero BLX springs which are very stiff.
Setup some rake in the suspension and lowered with the droop screws (I think I installed longer ones)
37T pinion and 34T spur gear. I know that sounds crazy but the Kraton has a higher diff ratio and of course the 98mm GRPs require more gear also.
Where do I find a spur gear like that. I've only been able to find 57T. can you help me out on some links where I can find those kind of upgrades.

Where do I find a spur gear like that. I've only been able to find 57T. can you help me out on some links where I can find those kind of upgrades.
Use the Limitless spool. It fits any 6s model.
The alternative is Hot Racing spool, but its junk in comparison.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back