Infraction Best AVC setup for drifting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
Ok. If you have a DX5 or better, there are 3 variables you can adjust on the AVC:
1) Steering - how much the AVC will attempt to hold a heading

2) Throttle - how much the AVC will attempt to limit wheel spin

3) Priority - how much user input on the transmitter is required to override what the AVC is trying to do.

Based on these 3 settings, how would you run the AVC for nice controlled drifts? O would think throttle has to be at 0%. What I am trying to figure out is steering and priority. Any thoughts?

Ok. If you have a DX5 or better, there are 3 variables you can adjust on the AVC:
1) Steering - how much the AVC will attempt to hold a heading

2) Throttle - how much the AVC will attempt to limit wheel spin

3) Priority - how much user input on the transmitter is required to override what the AVC is trying to do.

Based on these 3 settings, how would you run the AVC for nice controlled drifts? O would think throttle has to be at 0%. What I am trying to figure out is steering and priority. Any thoughts?
Priority at neutral, Steering 30-40% ( or personal preference.) Throttle turned down all the way down. If you are daring , bring the Throttle AVC up one click at a time, just to see where and when it goes against performance and your driving style. You will notice it. Will seem like the throttle has a mind of its own. That's where you trim it back some. But I usually end up with it very low to none.
I tested out and learned AVC with my DX5C on my Tekno MT. These are my recomendations. Throttle AVC can really hold back user trigger input. I played with low priority and moderate Throttle AVC. Different combinations etc. I still didnt like that throttle AVC. Came on too strong. Your video shows your drifting style. Throttle AVC should be turned down. I cant see Throttle AVC being a benefit except for technical fast low traction courses/ tracks. If set up properly, you should not even feel Throttle AVC in action. Too much and it becomes literally undriveable. Feels like a brownout, but is not. Technically it should reduce wheel spin at extreme yaw rates. Thats why guys like Rich Duperbash would not want to use it for big air. There is definitely a learning curve. In serious high speed runs, in theory TH AVC could be an advantage for directional stability combined with ST AVC. The Spektrum instructions arent the best. I watched some Spektrum videos on the subject among others, then the manual made more sense.

Last edited:
Priority at neutral, Steering 30-40% ( or personal preference.) Throttle turned down all the way down. If you are daring , bring the Throttle AVC up one click at a time, just to see where and when it goes against performance and your driving style. You will notice it. Will seem like the throttle has a mind of its own. That's where you trim it back some. But I usually end up with it very low to none.
I tested out and learned AVC with my DX5C on my Tekno MT. These are my recomendations. Throttle AVC can really hold back user trigger input. I played with low priority and moderate Throttle AVC. Different combinations etc. I still didnt like that throttle AVC. Came on too strong. Your video shows your drifting style. Throttle AVC should be turned down. I cant see Throttle AVC being a benefit except for technical fast low traction courses/ tracks. If set up properly, you should not even feel Throttle AVC in action. Too much and it becomes literally undriveable. Feels like a brownout, but is not. Technically it should reduce wheel spin at extreme yaw rates. Thats why guys like Rich Duperbash would not want to use it for big air. There is definitely a learning curve. In serious high speed runs, in theory TH AVC could be an advantage for directional stability combined with ST AVC. The Spektrum instructions arent the best. I watched some Spektrum videos on the subject among others, then the manual made more sense.
What % is neutral priority?

What % is neutral priority?
50% is the default gain value. The word neutral was not a good term because the range is 0-100. I apologize. I meant leave at Default value (50%).
I treat "priority" more like an on the fly adjustment when bashing. Because based on terrain at any given time, you are trimming both TH and ST. Giving you more or less autonomy over the Gyro/Yaw rate control.

Last edited:
If that doesn’t work Futaba do a dedicated drift gyro but would require a lot of additional changes (unless you have a Futaba radio system at hand)

50% is the default gain value. The word neutral was not a good term because the range is 0-100. I apologize. I meant leave at Default value (50%).
I treat "priority" more like an on the fly adjustment when bashing. Because based on terrain at any given time, you are trimming both TH and ST. Giving you more or less autonomy over the Gyro/Yaw rate control.

I just dug out my manual. This is what it says about priority:

"Priority tells the receiver how much you want to be able to override the electronic stability with your steering commands. A low priority means AVC will make steering corrections when you turn wheel all the way. A high priority will reduce AVC the more you turn the wheel. The default priority value is 100. This means when you turn the steering wheel to the limit the gain is reduced to zero. This value will work well for a majority of drivers."

I'm just going to play around with it. My goal is to be able to run a straight line and then have a nice controlled drift though a turn. I'm starting to think that may be difficult with AVC enabled. Maybe I should learn to properly dift without any aids and go from there.

I just dug out my manual. This is what it says about priority:

"Priority tells the receiver how much you want to be able to override the electronic stability with your steering commands. A low priority means AVC will make steering corrections when you turn wheel all the way. A high priority will reduce AVC the more you turn the wheel. The default priority value is 100. This means when you turn the steering wheel to the limit the gain is reduced to zero. This value will work well for a majority of drivers."

I'm just going to play around with it. My goal is to be able to run a straight line and then have a nice controlled drift though a turn. I'm starting to think that may be difficult with AVC enabled. Maybe I should learn to properly dift without any aids and go from there.
Every person and rig will have their own preference. There are 3 criterias, Th, St and priority. I played with them till the cows came home. Found what I thought was a good balance of the three. I even disabled all. To distinguish better. It's personal taste. I haven't touched my settings since. Alot of test and adjusting. We all have unique driving styles.

Great thread guys, thank you.
I recently brought a DX5c, as i was having problems with another model and wanted a multi-transmitter.
I have emailed Arrma to see if they know the values we should enter, as i think the Infraction is setup great and i just want to replicate what i have now with the new transmitter. IF they reply i will post what they say (fingers crossed). I have to admit that if they don't reply, i probably wont swap it out, which will be a disappointment.

I have a DX5C. I run an SRS6000 AVC Rx on two rigs. 1/10 touring and my TeknoMT. With an on-road rig TH avc dialed in more will be an advantage. With My Tekno MT I rather dial it out more. ST AVC is more easy to dial on both types of rigs. Leave priority gain at 50% initially till you have both ST and TH AVC close to where you think it suits you.
Personal settings vary by person and type of driving style one has at the TX controls
Food for thought:
Spektrum states a DIGITAL servo is required for ST avc to work properly and consistently with their SRS6000 Rx.
Yet, from what I understand, the Infraction comes with an ADS-15 analogue servo. (check ADS-15 specs.)
I see a contradiction here with a mismatched RX and Servo.
I myself have not used both this servo and Rx together in any event. But I have noticed some others had issues with their Infr. and the OE ADS-15. Mostly with high speed "speed runs", where the ADS-15 could not maintain AVC control inputs from the SRS6000 Rx and tends to oscillate steering causing epic fail speed runs. There can be many other factors contributing to this type of epic fail. Please vet this information.
The DX5C is a nice 5 ch. radio. Some like the control interface better than the "Rugged". But features are otherwise identical except the Rugged is WP.(water resistant)
I would not expect Arrma or even Horizon to help you out on the AVC settings.
Those are questions for Spektrum more specifically.
There are some great videos regarding the SRS6000 set up and use. Check them out.

I never thought to ask Spektrum, that's a good suggestion, thank you. I thought asking the manufacturer the best as they 'should' know what its all set at, but maybe not.

I did note that the DX5 Pro comes with AVC settings pre-installed. The other truck i want to control is a LOSI SBR, so both will have the SRS6000.

Settings for AVC will always be somewhat different from rig to rig, because so many factors enter the picture. Type of ESC, servo, overall gear ratios and top end speed all vary from rig to rig. And each of us has a different driving style at the TX. We all perceive controlling a rig differently. So I would try to learn how AVC responds by trial and error independently, rather than trying to find what others recommend for their AVC initial settings. It is also very important to make sure the SRS6000 is firmly affixed with the Rx box. When re-binding the Rx always make sure the rig is on flat ground and not moving even the slightest. The Spektrum manual is not the best when it comes to setting up AVC. IMO. Watching videos as well as reading the Spektrum manual and SRS6000 manual numerous times helped me out. At some point it all made sense. Initially I noticed a lot of users tend to dial it out from frustration. But there is a lot of potential using it. This Spektrum AVC(gyro) Rx is considered one of the best out there. But, there is a learning curve for sure and it really does work. Experiment with the settings and soon you will see it respond as desired. I spent numerous lipo packs just tuning the AVC settings. Once you get comfortable with where you want it, no need to adjust it again. Just enjoy the rig. Once in a while I may adjust the " AVC Priority" setting up or down depending on the terrain I am bashing on.
BTW, I find that ESC "Punch" settings impact TH AVC to some extent. IMO.
Enjoy.:)

DX5C has the same AVC controls as the DX5 Pro. I don't believe any AVC controls are truly" Preset" on any of the AVC capable Spektrum TX's. I could be wrong however.:unsure: I did read each of the manuals. But I don't own the Pro.
The DX2e Tx doesn't allow for the optimum AVC feature set potential of the SRS6000. IMO.

Last edited:
DX5C has the same AVC controls. I don't believe any AVC controls are truly" Preset" on any of the AVC capable Spektrum TX's. I could be wrong however.:unsure:

I believe the dx5pro has an additional avc menu with presets for different surfaces/conditions.

Yes I see there are 5 drive modes for each model memory on the "Pro". I don't know how 'Drive Modes' interface with the AVC settings however. If at all. But do they appear to be for Losi specific AVC equipped models

Yes I see there are 5 drive modes for each model memory on the "Pro". I don't know how 'Drive Modes' interface with the AVC settings however. If at all. But do they appear to be for Losi specific AVC equipped models

Yeah, probs just base presets for existing Losi models although I believe you can set your own presets.

When we adjust the AVC knob on the DX2e which variable are we actually adjusting do we think? I'm wondering which variable should be set to OTF...

Last edited:
I'm using the stock DX2e and I'm finding that when I turn the AVC knob it doesn't seem to make any difference no matter where I put it..?

I leave it at about 4 o'clock but I'm still convinced it does nothing..???

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back