Best basher battery??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coopsonthefarm

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
So in persute of the ultimate power house basher I have installed in my Talion a hobbystar 4092 motor with hobbywing max6 esc. In surch of the ultimate 6s pack, I am looking at the turnagy graphene 5000mah 65c or the arrow hobby 62000mah 100c. Both weigh about the same. Does the “c” rating give the battery that much more noticeable punch? Which or what battery would you buy? Any thoughts or options on this would be awesome, thanks

Thanks WoodIE, what’s your opinion - if I jumped from a 6s 50c to a 6s 100c battery would there be a notable difference?

Technically speaking you should. The C rating is how much current the battery can provide. I believe this is like a larger hose for energy to flow through as far as an analogy.

Practically speaking you may or may not. Manufacturers use big C numbers as a marketing tool and you can never be sure if the battery actually provides the C rate stated.

I have two 6s 7400 smc packs 90C. Cost me almost $300. I have powerhobby pairs of 3s 5200 50C. They’re $100 a pair. I don’t notice a ton of difference but the 6s SMC packs are 50% more capacity and much heavier. So I’d say if I had got a 6s 5000 instead, it’d be noticbly punchier.

Thanks WoodIE, what’s your opinion - if I jumped from a 6s 50c to a 6s 100c battery would there be a notable difference?
I agree with @RxMonkey, C rating is important but there isn't any kind of oversight on this and most companies use it as a marketing scheme.

Yes in theory you should see better performance from the 100c vs a 50c. I would likely stick with higher C rating LiPo's from good battery manufactures, such as SMC. There are also other good manufactures suggested in the thread I linked earlier, but SMC is what I personally prefer.

I also have two 3S 5200mAh Power Hobby Pro Lipos (50C constant/100C burst). For comparison I have a Zippy Compact 6S 5000mAh Lipo (60C constant/70C burst). I find the Power Hobby and Zippy Lipos are very close in both power and runtime. However, I do like the "light weight" of the Power Hobby batteries which weigh only 350g each compared to the Zippy which weighs 830g. Note: the Power Hobby 3S Lipos are almost as light as my 2S gensacearespammers 65C Lipos), so I really like using these lightweight Power Hobby Lipos when jumping, etc.

I also have a 6S 5400mAh (90C constant) SMC True Spec Premium Lipo that weighs 805g. This SMC has a higher C rating (90C) and after testing, it does have more punch/power than both my Zippy and Power Hobby Lipos. Unfortunately, my 4 year old 2S gensacearespammers Lipos are finally wearing out, but I am definitely happy with my SMC, Zippy, Power Hobby Lipos, as they all seem to be well made and balanced, charge quickly, and runtime is also good. However, I have had these batteries for less than a year, so I cannot confirm durability yet.

I agree with RxMonkey, the C rating can really vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, so best to go with a reputable battery company. I would also recommend to NOT go with a Lipo with too high of mAh. I try to stay around 5000-5500mAh, as a larger 7000mAh+ battery will weigh a lot more, and extra weight will have less power, and be harder on electronics & drivetrain, etc.

I also have two 3S 5200mAh Power Hobby Pro Lipos (50C constant/100C burst). For comparison I have a Zippy Compact 6S 5000mAh Lipo (60C constant/70C burst). I find the Power Hobby and Zippy Lipos are very close in both power and runtime. However, I do like the "light weight" of the Power Hobby batteries which weigh only 350g each compared to the Zippy which weighs 830g. Note: the Power Hobby 3S Lipos are almost as light as my 2S gensacearespammers 65C Lipos), so I really like using these lightweight Power Hobby Lipos when jumping, etc.

I also have a 6S 5400mAh (90C constant) SMC True Spec Premium Lipo that weighs 805g. This SMC has a higher C rating (90C) and after testing, it does have more punch/power than both my Zippy and Power Hobby Lipos. Unfortunately, my 4 year old 2S gensacearespammers Lipos are finally wearing out, but I am definitely happy with my SMC, Zippy, Power Hobby Lipos, as they all seem to be well made and balanced, charge quickly, and runtime is also good. However, I have had these batteries for less than a year, so I cannot confirm durability yet.

I agree with RxMonkey, the C rating can really vary from manufacturer to manufacturer, so best to go with a reputable battery company. I would also recommend to NOT go with a Lipo with too high of mAh. I try to stay around 5000-5500mAh, as a larger 7000mAh+ battery will weigh a lot more, and extra weight will have less power, and be harder on electronics & drivetrain, etc.
Thank you I got the clarity I needed on my decision, great insight!!

Technically speaking you should. The C rating is how much current the battery can provide. I believe this is like a larger hose for energy to flow through as far as an analogy.

Practically speaking you may or may not. Manufacturers use big C numbers as a marketing tool and you can never be sure if the battery actually provides the C rate stated.

I have two 6s 7400 smc packs 90C. Cost me almost $300. I have powerhobby pairs of 3s 5200 50C. They’re $100 a pair. I don’t notice a ton of difference but the 6s SMC packs are 50% more capacity and much heavier. So I’d say if I had got a 6s 5000 instead, it’d be noticbly punchier.
Awesome info helps a lot!!

I have the same Powerhobbys as @RxMonkey and doing a speed run with a 25T pinion I got 76mph...I borrowed one of his SMC's and hit 81mph so a bit more top end but didn't notice much punch difference and wasn't really slamming the throttle either on 8 punch

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back