Best bashing prolines tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoriLiam

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Sorry guys, but I am getting confused with all this threads about tires. I just wanted to know which tire do you prefer for bashing. Preglued and vented with no holes in rims. Dboots? Backflip? I like prolines but which one? Where to buy them at cheaper price?post pictures if possible, thanks to all...
What do think about this?

Attachments

• 6747EAA7-A588-48E5-A9EA-0E05F95DEA4E.jpeg
    6747EAA7-A588-48E5-A9EA-0E05F95DEA4E.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 186
The dBoots tires that came on my Senton are not holding up well. After less than ten packs, I have two punctures / tears through the centre of the tread, and one large sidewall tear / blowout. Mixed use of street, gravel, and forest trail.

I’ve seen a lot of people running the badlands mx28/38 and they seem to be the popular choice. I picked up a set and I love them too.
Do mean this ones?
The dBoots tires that came on my Senton are not holding up well. After less than ten packs, I have two punctures / tears through the centre of the tread, and one large sidewall tear / blowout. Mixed use of street, gravel, and forest trail.
I don’t like dboots very much, changed 3 of them. One exploded during blowing, the other two scrapes on the sidewall. ? for this reason I want to change all4 with something recommendable that doesn’t blow up ( maybe vented) with no holes in the rims..

Attachments

• 3F722DAE-2937-4FAA-9D25-D4B9D6F5E98B.jpeg
    3F722DAE-2937-4FAA-9D25-D4B9D6F5E98B.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 80
Last edited:
I have a set and they're too heavy IMO. As in they don't have enough upside to counter the added weight and heat issues. So far my stock dboots (copper 2s and backflips) have held up very well...after venting of course.
I'm referring to the OP proline trenchers

Do mean this ones?

I don’t like dboots very much, changed 3 of them. One exploded during blowing, the other two scrapes on the sidewall. ? for this reason I want to change all4 with something recommendable that doesn’t blow up ( maybe vented) with no holes in the rims..
Yeah those ones

If I didn't spend so much time on concrete at skate parks, I'd probably like something else, but the trencher 3.8's are my go to tire. I run the 2.8's on my 1/10th trucks as well. They have a decent amount of contact area, so they last a long time on pavement/concrete/blacktop, they stay pretty soft when cold and get decent grip in the grass. 99.9% of the time, I'm bashing on grass or concrete. On very rare occasion, I find some dirt and they do fine there too.

They are heavy and I do wrap them with 3-4mm kevlar string down the channels. I've had the same set on my outcast pretty much since I got it in 2018. At first, I ran 4S and didn't wrap them, but when I changed to 6S last spring, I wrapped them to avoid a blowout. I'm glad I did as I also run them on my 6S revo and 6S Savage Flux HP. Both of which I used to also run 4S. I ran my savage flux hp the first time on 6S without wrapping them and 3 popped off the rims within the first 5 minutes. I stopped before the foams or tires got destroyed.

Comparison to dboot backflips from my outcast (which I've never actually ran):
2018-0726-ProlineTrencher3.8-ArrmaDBoots.jpg

Outcast (3.8's):
2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-Body.jpg

ERBEv2 (3.8's):
2019-0902-ERBEv2-TrenchersBody.jpg

Savage Flux HP (3.8's):
2019-0720-SavageFlux-CapPackHSFanOnESC-EscSide.jpg

Stampede (2.8's, not wrapped, 3S use):
2019-0126-Stampede-15mmOffsetHubsLow.jpg

eJato (2.8's, not wrapped, 3S use):
2019-0211-eJato-Dubro2319Rear-side.jpg

If I didn't spend so much time on concrete at skate parks, I'd probably like something else, but the trencher 3.8's are my go to tire. I run the 2.8's on my 1/10th trucks as well. They have a decent amount of contact area, so they last a long time on pavement/concrete/blacktop, they stay pretty soft when cold and get decent grip in the grass. 99.9% of the time, I'm bashing on grass or concrete. On very rare occasion, I find some dirt and they do fine there too.

They are heavy and I do wrap them with 3-4mm kevlar string down the channels. I've had the same set on my outcast pretty much since I got it in 2018. At first, I ran 4S and didn't wrap them, but when I changed to 6S last spring, I wrapped them to avoid a blowout. I'm glad I did as I also run them on my 6S revo and 6S Savage Flux HP. Both of which I used to also run 4S. I ran my savage flux hp the first time on 6S without wrapping them and 3 popped off the rims within the first 5 minutes. I stopped before the foams or tires got destroyed.

Comparison to dboot backflips from my outcast (which I've never actually ran):
2018-0726-ProlineTrencher3.8-ArrmaDBoots.jpg

Outcast (3.8's):
2019-1227-Outcast-Max6-Body.jpg

ERBEv2 (3.8's):
2019-0902-ERBEv2-TrenchersBody.jpg

Savage Flux HP (3.8's):
2019-0720-SavageFlux-CapPackHSFanOnESC-EscSide.jpg

Stampede (2.8's, not wrapped, 3S use):
2019-0126-Stampede-15mmOffsetHubsLow.jpg

eJato (2.8's, not wrapped, 3S use):
2019-0211-eJato-Dubro2319Rear-side.jpg
Nice .. thanks for posting. I think I will go it’s proline badlands mx28 3.8 and will see how they works. I need to vent them right? And maybe close the holes in the rims right too?

Comparison to dboot backflips from my outcast (which
great idea on the kevlar string.
Nice .. thanks for posting. I think I will go it’s proline badlands mx28 3.8 and will see how they works. I need to vent them right? And maybe close the holes in the rims right too?
You wont be disappointed

I had the same experience on my Granite. I loved the compound but they are too thin. I ripped sidewalls left and right.

To the OP. Another option is to seal the hole in the wheel without venting. If I were to do my Minnokawas again I would warm the tires with a heat gun and them seal them up. I’ve noticed decent absorption and very little ballooning since doing this. There are however 2 drawbacks.

1.) They shrink in cold temps and divot.
2.) There is no place for the air to go on hard landings so the glue bead is at risk or even tire itself. That’s why I say tape them when warmed to expand the air and as the cool they will shrink down leaving a nice cushion of air inside.

This is after running for about 20 minutes in 30F temp.

9D914C55-1D69-4C80-B913-DBF8C70F2CC2.jpeg

12F687BE-5F98-43A3-B969-9C7124327D6C.jpeg

For 6s Outcast or Kraton, even Nero, the Backflip tires are the BEST! Possibly the best design ever in RC tires. They have loads of grip in the dirt and grass and don't wear away quickly if you want to play a little in the street. I see the latest Kraton tires are much more knobby, very similar, but haven't tried them.

Backflip are sort of a larger scale clone of the original Proline Badlands, which are great on E-Revo, but too small scale for Arrma 6s, they look goofy, maybe Talion they look OK, but that's it. The small diameter will make you re-evaluate your gearing though.

I put the newer model Badlands MX38 on my Outcast and it RUINED the dynamics of the truck. Much more rotational mass than the Backflips, it was like the tires were pulling the truck in weird directions. Ran once and sold them away!

I don't "vent" tires with holes because I don't run in the wet. It's really pointless, all traction lost as soon as the tires get wet.

I don't like the MX 38's on 6s use.... pizza cutter in no time. You would have to string them like the trenchers. They do have amazing grip but also heavy and don't handle well because of that.

Love my DBoots Backflips. Great grip, light and fast. If you have an issue with the wheels/tires Horizon will probably help you out. Top notch support in my experience. I had a hex get stripped out even with a tight nut. They sent me a brand new set of pre-mounted tires and wheels. So for those of you with issues on your DBoots... reach out to them and they may help you out.

I'm not too impressed with Pro-line's support. Guy I talked with was rude and then quit responding to my email.

I'm glad many of you have had good experience with Pro-Line but guess who's getting MY money.

If you want Pro-Line's I'd go with the original Badland's. I think they are a little shorter than the Backflips but similar design and grip.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back