Best bashing prolines tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you know the actual weight for a single tire/wheel? Will add it to my list.

Can't imagine they are lighter than the standard MX38's, which are almost 3oz heavier than the copperhead 2's (14.6oz vs 11.63oz) . That's a lot of extra rotating mass.
The 3.8 badlands are smaller than the 3.8 trenchers. So I'm assuming that they are lighter. People are saying that the replaceable center hub cracks easily so that's a concern. I haven't tried them out yet. Once I do, I will give some input. The price is very high for these tires. Too bad duratrax doesn't make 3.8 belted tires. I love the duratrax lockups x 22mm belted tires that I use on my xmaxx. And only $50 for two giant tires!

Sorry guys, but I am getting confused with all this threads about tires. I just wanted to know which tire do you prefer for bashing. Preglued and vented with no holes in rims. Dboots? Backflip? I like prolines but which one? Where to buy them at cheaper price?post pictures if possible, thanks to all...
What do think about this?
backflip backflip LP and copperhead 2 have all been great tyres for me just wish they would put better inserts in them

I finally wrapped and vented my Proline 3.8 Trenches and I still think they are my go to tire for Big airs and launching on any sort of rocky terrain!
For this speed run video I made - I used 100lb Dorisea fishing line which has helped balanced and stopped the ballooning of the tire at high speeds.

Here are the results from the following 4 tires that I tested out on my 6s Outcast running a Robertson Racing15t pinion on the street:
(PB) Dboot Backflips - 60mph
Proline Trenchers 3.8 - 58mph
SRC All Terrain Belted Tiers - 54mph
Dboot Hoons Silver - 49mph

Dorisea 100lb test.jpeg

Outcast w: Trenchers.jpeg

Sorry guys, but I am getting confused with all this threads about tires. I just wanted to know which tire do you prefer for bashing. Preglued and vented with no holes in rims. Dboots? Backflip? I like prolines but which one? Where to buy them at cheaper price?post pictures if possible, thanks to all...
What do think about this?

LoriLiam - sending...lol​

I love my Proline 3.8 Trenchers on my 6s Notorious!! They rip through the grass like a knife does through warm butter!
ARRMA OUTCAST .png

LoriLiam - sending...lol​

I love my Proline 3.8 Trenchers on my 6s Notorious!! They rip through the grass like a knife does through warm butter!
View attachment 115410
Hey what kinda run time do you get with those? And how do you think they would do with stock electronics? Thank you for your time.

SentFlying - Same as your stock backflips... I would highly suggest grabbing a better servo to be able to move those BIGBOYTIRES!
i HAVE THESE PowerHD servos in all of my ARRMA rigs and I have ZERO issues. Check out my build log on my Notorious for more info.

1608761748607.png

SentFlying - Same as your stock backflips... I would highly suggest grabbing a better servo to be able to move those BIGBOYTIRES!
i HAVE THESE PowerHD servos in all of my ARRMA rigs and I have ZERO issues. Check out my build log on my Notorious for more info.

View attachment 115440
Nice! This is the servo I have. Supposed to do 444.4@ 6v. I'm still on the stock esc and motor with plans to upgrade.

20201223_163313.jpg

Hey what kinda run time do you get with those? And how do you think they would do with stock electronics? Thank you for your time.
They cause it to run hot and are harder on diffs than stock tires. I ran them for over a year on mine. I ran the taller 3.8's wrapped with kevlar cord. 13T pinion and stock electronics, I could get through a pack if I was pretty easy on it, which was about 17 minutes of constant running with hobbystar 6200mah 3S packs in short grass.

I switched to kevlar wrapped backflips, max6 esc with 14T pinion and average about 17 minutes with 5000mah Liperior 5000mah 65C and CNHL Black Series 5000mah 65C packs. I can run it way harder now without it overheating.

Even with the max6, it would still overheat at about 10 minutes with a 14T pinion and the trenchers with how/where I drive.

They cause it to run hot and are harder on diffs than stock tires. I ran them for over a year on mine. I ran the taller 3.8's wrapped with kevlar cord. 13T pinion and stock electronics, I could get through a pack if I was pretty easy on it, which was about 17 minutes of constant running with hobbystar 6200mah 3S packs in short grass.

I switched to kevlar wrapped backflips, max6 esc with 14T pinion and average about 17 minutes with 5000mah Liperior 5000mah 65C and CNHL Black Series 5000mah 65C packs. I can run it way harder now without it overheating.

Even with the max6, it would still overheat at about 10 minutes with a 14T pinion and the trenchers with how/where I drive.
That's one thing I hear about the big tires. Hard on diffs and run hot. But I also hear they cushion landings better which is what I'd prefer. There's not a lot choices in way of tires in the 3.8 size.

they last very long ... i used a fishing string for shark and instant glue to avoid the blooming.. and it works fine... awesome tires ... maybe slightly too heavy... think that back flips are lighter with less stress for the diffs... but anyway ... how this monster grips on every surfaces it`s amazing....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back