Felony Best Batteries for speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
interesting- I haven’t had a single pack puff on me and I have over 20 of their batteries. I am very anal though and never run them under 3.6 and always put in storage mode after each run.

maybe am just lucky?
It seems to be dependent on the cells used for that model of their batteries.
The original SMC True Spec Extreme's often were already puffed before they got delivered. I only speed run so mine never go below 3.8v while using them, and still 2 packs both costing over 100.00 were trash in 1 year's time. Always kept indoors and in LiPo bags etc....

I don't doubt the new ones are great and other lines of their batteries are good, but there are bad experiences out there for certain models they offer.

interesting- I haven’t had a single pack puff on me and I have over 20 of their batteries. I am very anal though and never run them under 3.6 and always put in storage mode after each run.

maybe am just lucky?
I do the same!
So after storage mode do you balance charge before running?
Yes

I've had 4 of their 4s packs puff in first 2 runs with my stock xmaxx. I always storage charge same day, never below 3.6(resting voltage), and balance before charging at 1c. No help whatsoever from SMC, said my hyperion charger ruined them lol. Def left a bitter taste in my mouth. I've had 2 other (2s) packs from them puff after 20-25 runs or so. In all cases the packs had tons of umph, even after puffing. Their mini packs have been awesome for me tho for years. I will not buy from them again either. I don't speed run, just bash so can't recommend what's best for speed runs. I'm liking the 3s 5000 mah zop power packs (kevin talbot recommended) from bangood. Only 6 runs but balance perfectly, and consistently pumping 6200 mah back into them from 3.6v/cell. First packs I've ever owned that had underated mah.

I’ve had great success with my SMC’s ?‍♂️
I've only had issues with my SMC packs when I have ignored C rating and went with the Cheapest battery pack for my application. Turns out a 150A ESC and a 4092 Leopard 1730kv motor can be hard on a 40C pack. Ever since I have gone by his recommendations on discharge rate I've yet to have a problem.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back