Talion Best battery/battery combo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Single tray, so I would want a 6S pack. For the 1/7 scale rigs with dual trays, I might go dual 3S.

Personally, the 2 lipo plug drives me nuts. ALL of mine have been cut out and re-soldered to a single XT90 plug. That's just me though. I had a issue with being dumb, and letting the cords run free under the hood. Well they got torn apart my sneaking into the center diff area. Solved that problem quick.... FYI, this hobby makes you really good at soldering after a while. :woot:

Hate stacking lipos with single tray, get yourself a brick single pack.

A pair of 3s batts give you options for other vehicles. If you were to buy any other truck that used 3s and all you have is a single 6s.....you get the idea.

I've only heard the name Ovonic before of some You Tube vid.
Any one with personal experience?
Are they warrantied? How about the discharge balance, does one cell drop dramatically compared to the rest in the pack?
I started off years ago running the Floureon and then went to Vant and am now running SMC.
But for the price I may pick up some of these for my crawlers and smaller cars that don't require a high C rating.

I've only heard the name Ovonic before of some You Tube vid.
Any one with personal experience?
Are they warrantied? How about the discharge balance, does one cell drop dramatically compared to the rest in the pack?
I started off years ago running the Floureon and then went to Vant and am now running SMC.
But for the price I may pick up some of these for my crawlers and smaller cars that don't require a high C rating.
I have four of the 5500mah 3s for my sons 6s Kraton, two of the 4500mah 6s for my rigs and two of the 3000mah 3s for my crawlers. They all balance great and discharge even. Haven't had any issues with any of them but I have only had them for about 3 months, so I can't say how well they are long term. Their sales change daily so if you have a battery in mind that you want, just keep an eye on it every day for a couple weeks. I got all of mine for 35-43% off.

I just ordered a trio of ovonic air 6s 5200mah that came with an xt90 already for $165 which seems like a good deal for 3 nice big bricks. Just opened the box and the build quality seems very good. On par with much more expensive packs. Perfectly balanced. Will run them on the max 6 combo Saturday and report in.

Double post for science.

Just ran my first three packs with the ovonic air 5200mah 50c packs. I'm thoroughly impressed in general let alone impressed for the price. I'm running these on a v4 Talion with Badlands, the m2c chassis, and hobbywing 1650kv 4985 max6 combo. So there's weight added and a decently big power demand available.

Punch was definitely noticeably better than the 2*3s 5200mah 50c lectron pros I was running before. Is this due to the qualities of the packs or from the more efficient wiring advantage of a single 6s pack - I don't know but the difference is there either way. The lectron pros I compared to are only about 3-4 weeks old so in theory they should be kind of in their prime state.

More importantly to me was the reduction in sag. My previous packs would always start to have noticeable sag about 2/3 of the way through their capacity whereas these ovonic packs seem to hold off until at least 3/4 of the way through. So let's round it to about 10% further into the run before you feel like you have to use a bit more trigger to achieve the same result. To me this matters more than punch because less sag = more consistency = fewer misjudged jumps.

All in all, they get a thumbs up from me on this setup for the $55 after taxes per 5200mah 6s pack.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back