Kraton Best battery brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You will need 4 of them
Well, I ordered 4. But, I thought I can run 2 3s packs instead of 1 6S. The batteries everyone was recommending were 6S 5000 mAH. These are 3S and 3000 mAH. Is that not the same power with an extra 1000 mAH of power?

Well, I ordered 4. But, I thought I can run 2 3s packs instead of 1 6S. The batteries everyone was recommending were 6S 5000 mAH. These are 3S and 3000 mAH. Is that not the same power with an extra 1000 mAH of power?
I'd cancel and order 5000mAh ea. minimum. They do not add up. You do not meet the bare recommended minimum and it will only be frustration. These are connected in series, voltage adds up and capacity remains the same.

I'd cancel and order 5000mAh ea. minimum. They do not add up. You do not meet the bare recommended minimum and it will only be frustration. These are connected in series, voltage adds up and capacity remains the same.
Well, even though I ordered hours ago, they supposedly already processed it and can't cancel it. They said my only option is to reject the package. ?‍♂️
Well, even though I ordered hours ago, they supposedly already processed it and can't cancel it. They said my only option is to reject the package. ?‍♂️
Sure feel like a damn idiot now

Last edited:
Been there done that. Reject the package but probably have to pay return fee.
Those lipo bags are pure decoration and 'feel good' but useless as well. Get an ammo can.

Good choice on the charger, I do like mine.

I never understood the need for separate batteries i.e. 2 ea. 3S vs 1 6S unless you have other uses as well. Probably personal preference and availability.

Been there done that. Reject the package but probably have to pay return fee.
Those lipo bags are pure decoration and 'feel good' but useless as well. Get an ammo can.

Good choice on the charger, I do like mine.

I never understood the need for separate batteries i.e. 2 ea. 3S vs 1 6S unless you have other uses as well. Probably personal preference and availability.

I've got plenty of ammo cans. Lol. Metal and plastic ones. Just need to empty one. ? Guess I gotta go sling some lead. Oh well. Darn.

The only reason I figured 2 batteries was if one fails, it's less to replace and they were on sale.

Okay, so realistically what kind of run time difference is the 6000 going to be over the 5000? Should I just save the little bit? If it matters to anyone, the 6000s only ship out of Hong Kong (take it as you will) and the 5000s are already in the States.

Keep in mind I got this car for free and I mainly intend on exercising my German Shepherd with it. Lol. It's just for a little fun

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200420-101245_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200420-101245_Samsung Internet.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 45
I'd bet that, because these are the Panther Graphines, they will be usable. Graphine packs can pump out plenty of amps, so I would no worry about damaging the packs. Now a generic china lipo would be in trouble, though.

The big issue will be run time. Maybe 8-10 minutes per pack. A while back there was a racing movement in 1/8 e-buggy and E-truggy to use 6s and 1500kv motors around here. Most of those guys were running 3500-4000mah packs, and still able to get 10 minute run times, no problem. The smaller batteries were the same weight as 4s packs, the 1500kv motors made about the same speed/power/gearing as a 1900-2200kv motors, but everything ran cooler.

No argument that they are usable but frustration will come from runtime. My guess you will get a true C rating of ~ 50 i.e. 150A max is ok as well.
5000 to 6000 is a simple numbers game, you have ~ 15% more capacity fairly equivalent to 15% increase in runtime but you drop some due to weight. Maybe 10-15% longer in a direct compare. 15 min vs 17 min on heavy throttle.

I'd pick local stock over waiting but that is just me. I'd also check other suppliers. Amazon still has a large selection.
CNHL is equivalent to Turnigy, rumors are they just have different packaging. Testing them, they are extremely close and there are not that many lipo manufacturers out there.

Stock wiring is plenty long, just make sure you have the correct mating plugs. XT90 or EC5 or whatever you have. I ended up converting all of mine to XT90 but that requires some solder skills.
FYI the graphene are the 'best' (as perceived by many) per thread title, everything else is just as good imho and a lot cheaper. Other recommendations are in earlier posts. I wouldn't get hung up on this one brand.

I don't have anything local that's open. I've checked everything out. Amazon wants a pretty penny for the same batteries. I guess I'll just order the 5000s if it's that small of a run time. I'm sure 2 of those will make my dog more than tired. ?

I appreciate all the input. ?

Attachments

• 20200420_131229.jpg
    20200420_131229.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot_20200420-131305_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200420-131305_Samsung Internet.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 39
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back