Kraton Best battery brand?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those are good batteries from what I've heard, but Graphene is overkill for bashing. Doesn't hurt, but also costs a lot more for something you're unlikely to see any tangible benefits from.

Not to pile on to the 3000mah mistake, but the lower the MAH, the lower the amperage. A 3000mah 3S 50C doesn't output the same amps as a 5000mah 3S 50C.

Capacity x C-Rating = Max Current Draw

3000mah * 50 = 150A
5000mah * 50 = 250A

Quite a difference in actual performance. I'll never comprehend why "C rating" even exists. Everything we do and care about is really amp related, so why we don't pay attention to amps is beyond me. If a pack is 250A capable, then that tells me everything I need to know, regardless of size or voltage. Anyway... ? (no beating a dead horse smiley).

Personally, I now try to stick close to 5000mah just due to weight. The 6200mah 3S Hobbystar packs I have are noticeably heavier than my 5000mah 3S 50C HRB packs. The extra weight adds heat and damage in a crash. Sure, you get a couple minutes more run time, but it comes at a cost. Better off just getting another set of 5000's to make up the time difference.

Not to pile on to the 3000mah mistake, but the lower the MAH, the lower the amperage. A 3000mah 3S 50C doesn't output the same amps as a 5000mah 3S 50C.

Capacity x C-Rating = Max Current Draw

3000mah * 50 = 150A
5000mah * 50 = 250A

Quite a difference in actual performance. I'll never comprehend why "C rating" even exists. Everything we do and care about is really amp related, so why we don't pay attention to amps is beyond me. If a pack is 250A capable, then that tells me everything I need to know, regardless of size or voltage. Anyway... ? (no beating a dead horse smiley).

Personally, I now try to stick close to 5000mah just due to weight. The 6200mah 3S Hobbystar packs I have are noticeably heavier than my 5000mah 3S 50C HRB packs. The extra weight adds heat and damage in a crash. Sure, you get a couple minutes more run time, but it comes at a cost. Better off just getting another set of 5000's to make up the time difference.
Preach!!! ??

I consider gens-ace-r-spam & tattu, BTW ,I tried Ovonic, and think it is as good as tattu

First charge on my Hota D6+! I’m liking it so far. The menu is so easy to use and it appears to be high quality. They even used 12.9 screws on the cover.

749C72F7-F916-4FD4-BF3E-827A9065D374.jpeg

04A2A286-038C-448C-8088-73FB9E0741A5.jpeg

1DFE1178-700E-47D7-9693-33F49D1C3B96.jpeg

The display is nice on that. Does it tell you IR?

That is a good question ?. I don’t know but now I need to find out. I will check it when I get back home. The manual is next to ‘nil so I will need to go through the menus.

Anyone know where to find a comprehensive manual in english?

Hota, love mine as well and yes it gives you IR per cell when you do a full charge. It won't do it if you go to storage but that is understandable.
Only 'odd' thing I have encountered is the fan noise when the charger gets very hot. Just an odd sound.
Overheating 'could' happen if you have the charger out in the sun and you strategically place the batteries in front of the cooling fans and block them off....that is what a friend told he has done.... ?
FYI, sound is odd but is also normal.
Highly recommended.
Manual is on the HOTA website but you have to add a .pdf as an extension. For the firmware update, add a .zip to the extension and the PC will know what to do with it when opening. No need to update the firmware though. Don't bother trying the 'App'.

http://www.hota-exp.com/index.php/service_l_2.html

FYI, someone attached the Manual in a post as well:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/really-lovin-my-hota-dc6-plus.15107/#post-264135

Ok, so after going through the menus it looks like it unfortunately does not read IR. Kinda ridiculous that this doesn’t have it yet my Hitec Mini X1 that was $50ish (cant remember exactly) does.

I’m hoping this will crank up the charge time on my 6S packs. Going from 80W to 210W per channel is a nice jump. I’ll almost double that once I get a 24V PS.

Hota, love mine as well and yes it gives you IR per cell when you do a full charge. It won't do it if you go to storage but that is understandable.
Only 'odd' thing I have encountered is the fan noise when the charger gets very hot. Just an odd sound.
Overheating 'could' happen if you have the charger out in the sun and you strategically place the batteries in front of the cooling fans and block them off....that is what a friend told he has done.... ?
FYI, sound is odd but is also normal.
Highly recommended.
Manual is on the HOTA website but you have to add a .pdf as an extension. For the firmware update, add a .zip to the extension and the PC will know what to do with it when opening. No need to update the firmware though. Don't bother trying the 'App'.

http://www.hota-exp.com/index.php/service_l_2.html

We must have replied at the same time lol. Where does it tell you IR on a full charge? Do I need to cycle with the channel button to find it while charging? I’ve obviously missed it but I’m glad I was wrong lol. I was looking for a “scan” feature of some sort like my Hitec.

Thank you for the manual link.

Yup, overlapping posts. See above on how to read IR.
Let me know if you need more help but it's pretty intuitive once you have done it.

Just be careful with all these IR values and how to interpret these results. They spell it out in their manual, unlike many others.
This is their approximation based on their method and it's useful to determine quality across all the batteries that you connect to this charger.
You can't necessarily compare that value to others that use different chargers or methods.

The true C rating can only be determined by applying a short circuit to the battery and no charger will do that.

I've got plenty of ammo cans. Lol. Metal and plastic ones. Just need to empty one. ? Guess I gotta go sling some lead. Oh well. Darn.

The only reason I figured 2 batteries was if one fails, it's less to replace and they were on sale.

Okay, so realistically what kind of run time difference is the 6000 going to be over the 5000? Should I just save the little bit? If it matters to anyone, the 6000s only ship out of Hong Kong (take it as you will) and the 5000s are already in the States.

Keep in mind I got this car for free and I mainly intend on exercising my German Shepherd with it. Lol. It's just for a little fun
i use 4000mah graphene panthers 6s and turnigy heavy duty 4000mah 65c 6s bit lighter for my already heavy upgraded cars

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back