Big Rock Best battery for big rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Isak

Reaction score
Hello and I hope you guys are having a good day. So I’m relatively new to the hobby and was wondering what the best bang for buck 3s battery is for the Arrma Big Rock 3s V3. I was looking on amazon and found a HOOVO 3s Lipo 5200 mAh 80c battery. Is this any good? If not, are there any other batteries you would recommend that are cheap?

Zeee lipos are decent and pretty cheap. You can buy them on Amazon, Ebay, or directly from the Zeee shop.

Thanks. Will it by chance compare with more expensive batteries performance wise? I’m talking about like turnigy, gens-ace-r-spam, or spektrum.

Yes, Zee batteries are pretty good. I just bought a Yowoo Graphene 3s 5000mah 100c battery. First time ever using a Graphene battery and it seems to make a big difference in power. I can do standing backflips with my Big Rock on the Graphene battery. Just gotta see how long this will last or if the power wears down as the battery ages.

Last edited:
Yes, Zee batteries are pretty good. I just bought a Yowoo Graphene 3s 5000mah 100c battery. First time ever using a Graphene battery and it seems to make a big difference in power. I can do standing backflips with my Big Rock on the Graphene battery. Just gotta see how long this will last or if the power wears down as the battery ages.
Wow. Thats amazing. Im usuing a Turnigy 5500mah 140C battery on max punch level and it wont do that. I`ll see how it is with the Granite tyres (arriving tomorrow).
Thanks. Will it by chance compare with more expensive batteries performance wise? I’m talking about like turnigy, gens-ace-r-spam, or spektrum.
I would expect so. I have a 50C voltz and a 140C Turnigy and the Voltz actually deliver higher top speeds and the Turnigy faster acceleration. It might be different with Graphenes and of course special LIVH batteries but Im not convinced that higher C rated batteries deliver a higher top speed - just faster acceleration. And I not convinced that more premium LiPos are better peforming than cheaper ones - but maybe they last longer and are more resistant to bashing ?
Always make sure you get a hard case pack.

Wow. Thats amazing. Im usuing a Turnigy 5500mah 140C battery on max punch level and it wont do that. I`ll see how it is with the Granite tyres (arriving tomorrow).

I would expect so. I have a 50C voltz and a 140C Turnigy and the Voltz actually deliver higher top speeds and the Turnigy faster acceleration. It might be different with Graphenes and of course special LIVH batteries but Im not convinced that higher C rated batteries deliver a higher top speed - just faster acceleration. And I not convinced that more premium LiPos are better peforming than cheaper ones - but maybe they last longer and are more resistant to bashing ?
Always make sure you get a hard case pack.
Well, I forgot to mention that I'm also running a Hobbystar 3670 3050kv motor with a 19t pinion but still on 3s.

Last edited:
I've got a Hoovo and SMC Graphene 3s. The Hoovo works fine, however, the SMC has a lot more run time. The charger indicates that it's taking more mAh and due to the decreased voltage drop, it doesn't hit LVC as fast. Haven't had an issue with the Hoovo, however, I highly recommend SMC, even though they cost more. Friend of mine got a non-graphene from the last year for $30 (5,200mAh + 75c iirc) but now the C rating for that is 135 and the price is $45. Hoping they bring a lower cost option. My Graphene was $60.

I run Ovonic 5200mah 50c for about 2 mo now and they have been great so far 🤟

Untitled.png
unnamed.jpg

I should also mention, I was happy with the Hoovo battery for general use but when I tried doing a speed run with my typhon, the voltage sag was so great that it'd hit LVC on the first run. Couldn't hold top speed long enough to get an accurate reading on my GPS. The SMC graphene didn't have this problem. So that, combined with a longer run time, is why I prefer SMC batteries.

Granite I had first and BigRock now. I Prob ran 8 true full packs. I have the bundle charger battery combo. Any suggestions for a display charger that tells me health of batt? And info. 2nd question....2 part. Lol. A. Been told to not lower C rating from which u started.☝is ok but not 👇. Cant be with folks switching 2s to 3s or 4s to 6s etc? B. I have ec3 or ec5 I never can remember. Spektrum. But seems most other battery are diff. What most economical, easier, better? I don't soder (spelling?). im 1 who would get a beer or four in or maybe too much time with Puff my smoke dragon and have asses and elbows put together. 😷😇💥😳😭🙈🙉🙊
I should also mention, I was happy with the Hoovo battery for general use but when I tried doing a speed run with my typhon, the voltage sag was so great that it'd hit LVC on the first run. Couldn't hold top speed long enough to get an accurate reading on my GPS. The SMC graphene didn't have this problem. So that, combined with a longer run time, is why I prefer SMC batteries.
LVC is ???
I run Ovonic 5200mah 50c for about 2 mo now and they have been great so far 🤟

View attachment 147743View attachment 147744
Man I typed out that whole thing JUST to 👀 @Gage56 already knew. GET OUTA MY HEAD!. lmao
Off topic....@Gage56 but those decals look sweet and really easy to apply. U end up throwing the dawgs out? Sry about that if so. I was in the peak of my newb RC frustration. Beat it out of myself and have since seen the light.

Last edited:
Granite I had first and BigRock now. I Prob ran 8 true full packs. I have the bundle charger battery combo. Any suggestions for a display charger that tells me health of batt? And info. 2nd question....2 part. Lol. A. Been told to not lower C rating from which u started.☝is ok but not 👇. Cant be with folks switching 2s to 3s or 4s to 6s etc? B. I have ec3 or ec5 I never can remember. Spektrum. But seems most other battery are diff. What most economical, easier, better? I don't soder (spelling?). im 1 who would get a beer or four in or maybe too much time with Puff my smoke dragon and have asses and elbows put together. 😷😇💥😳😭🙈🙉🙊

LVC is ???

Man I typed out that whole thing JUST to 👀 @Gage56 already knew. GET OUTA MY HEAD!. lmao

i love them i have had 0 issues they don't drop voltage on high speed runs the balance out great every time and you can get 2 for the price of one
a buddy of mine has smc batts and even he can't believe how these things perform , he just bought 2 of them

Na Just Keep an eye on the mail Bud

Hello and I hope you guys are having a good day. So I’m relatively new to the hobby and was wondering what the best bang for buck 3s battery is for the Arrma Big Rock 3s V3. I was looking on amazon and found a HOOVO 3s Lipo 5200 mAh 80c battery. Is this any good? If not, are there any other batteries you would recommend that are cheap?
I use a 6000mah Zeee for mine. I love them. No problems. Have not tried any others yet but it seems great. Hitting 55mph.

Back