Typhon Best battery set-up for racing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scouts77

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys.... sorry for my bad english but hey ... i try hard I'm wondering witch is the best battery set-up to go on a race track whit my new typhon blx 6s !!! I'm looking for a single 4s pack but not sure for the rating C ans the mAh !!! Arrma recommand 35C / 5000 mAh but i see some 70C pack ( 100C burst) they are so many pack avalable and i'm kind confuse

Hi guys.... sorry for my bad english but hey ... i try hard I'm wondering witch is the best battery set-up to go on a race track whit my new typhon blx 6s !!! I'm looking for a single 4s pack but not sure for the rating C ans the mAh !!! Arrma recommand 35C / 5000 mAh but i see some 70C pack ( 100C burst) they are so many pack avalable and i'm kind confuse

I use 2 5400 mAh 50C, 60Wh 3s batteries, and this really rocks for me! A great feature of the Typhon 6s, is that it includes a sort of jumper cable so that you can use just 1 battery if you want. This tames the buggy somewhat, so for me, I was a little less likely to destroy it as I learned!

I started with 2 x 2S 7200mAh 70C but now run one gensacearespammers 4S 5200mAh 70C. I did this purely for charging reasons, with a duo charger I can charge 2 4S packs simultaneously in 30minutes instead of 4 2S packs.

I started with 2 x 2S 7200mAh 70C but now run one gensacearespammers 4S 5200mAh 70C. I did this purely for charging reasons, with a duo charger I can charge 2 4S packs simultaneously in 30minutes instead of 4 2S packs.
What is your battery charger?

For racing a typhoon, I assume you are club racing, not pro level. 🙃 so you wont need too level packs. A good 4s basher pack should work fine. don't run 6s. 2x2s can work, but charging can get crazy. Also, you will want 2 or three batteries, charge one, run one, and maybe one for rest. At main time, you will want an extra battery charged, incase you get the bump into a higher main.

For a charger, look at 2 channel chargers that can do 200w per channel. This will let you charger at 2c, 2 packs at once. 30 minutes and you have 2 fully charged 4s packs. 👍

Jerry

I'm running a single 4s 5000mah 100C battery in my Kraton 6s. I suggest you try to find a 4s 5000mah or 5200mah battery with a C rating of at least 50. If possible, buy one with a higher C rating than 50 for improved performance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back