Granite Best budget servo? JX, DS, Power HD?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
I used the search feature and didn’t find a dedicated thread for budget servo recommendation, but a few intermingled suggestions with other thread subjects. If I just missed it link it and I’ll read it. That being said, what’s your budget servo of choice currently? Any long term experience with any of these? Or should I just buy another savox and not worry about it?

I'm going to be trying the DS3225SG in my limitless/infraction build. Almost the DS3225MG version except it's 7.4v capable so it's a little faster and since my ESC is capable of 7.4v I wanted to try and take advantage of it .

I'm going to be trying the DS3225SG in my limitless/infraction build. Almost the DS3225MG version except it's 7.4v capable so it's a little faster and since my ESC is capable of 7.4v I wanted to try and take advantage of it .
Return the SG I see a lot of them have issues with have a dead spot. Myself and @olds97_lss both had ours develop the dead spot. I have not had this issue with the 4 red mg servos.

Return the SG I see a lot of them have issues with have a dead spot. Myself and @olds97_lss both had ours develop the dead spot.
Good to know, I do have a 4 pack of ds3225mg servos sitting around incase this turns out to be a bust. I think I'll give the SG a try though just maybe in another vehicle.

Was the dead spot in the same place for you both?

Good to know, I do have a 4 pack of ds3225mg servos sitting around incase this turns out to be a bust. I think I'll give the SG a try though just maybe in another vehicle.

Was the dead spot in the same place for you both?
No I think mine ended up being worse than his before I pulled it out.

No I think mine ended up being worse than his before I pulled it out.
Thanks the video makes that pretty clear. I'm tempted to crack open both of them to look at the gearing to see if they are somehow different. I figured the SG was just capable of higher voltage than the MG but other than that it was the same meat and potatoes.

Thanks the video makes that pretty clear. I'm tempted to crack open both of them to look at the gearing to see if they are somehow different. I figured the SG was just capable of higher voltage than the MG but other than that it was the same meat and potatoes.
The SG is coreless the MG is just digital. Olds's theory is their coreless motors aren't as reliable as the digital ones.

How‘s the durability and longevity of these been? I saw one post showing this model shimmed, is that necessary for the granite?

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back