Notorious Best cold weather speedrun tire??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K-BASH

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Mojave
  3. Notorious
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Typhon 6s
out of GRP and hoons whats the best 30 degree tire for pulls.i guessing softer for cold an harder for hot.i ran S2s today an they did alright once warmed up.but I want better traction. 1 mill in all 3 an she's coming out the hole like a screaming banshee.amazing acceleration.just wondering if there's a better option??
Also what causes front end speed wobbles.i removed the sway bars off truck.bad front end geometry???

GRP S1 is probably best.
Assuming you are not going over 130mph they should hold up ok. I always sand down the bead and then add a bit of BSI IC2000 rubberized CA glue along the bead to make sure it holds.

They do need balancing. Some are terrible, I expect that could be some of your issue.
Definitely want to check the wheel alignment toe and camber also, along with slop.

The toe angle of the front wheels should be neutral or slightly pointed in versus the basher setup where they are slightly pointed out.

Last edited:
i do my speedruns first spring period and last autumn period runs on ( cold asphalt ) always with GRP R1 rain wheels. In dry Cold conditions. / after
and before snow

Awsome

They are also nice after the rain, summertime, when roads are half dry
R1 is soft sticky tyres

Hot summer i have R5 front and R4 rear

GRP S1 is probably best.
Assuming you are not going over 130mph they should hold up ok. I always sand down the bead and then add a bit of BSI IC2000 rubberized CA glue along the bead to make sure it holds.

They do need balancing. Some are terrible, I expect that could be some of your issue.
Definitely want to check the wheel alignment toe and camber also, along with slop.

The toe angle of the front wheels should be neutral or slightly pointed in versus the basher setup where they are slightly pointed out.
+1

i do my speedruns first spring period and last autumn period runs on ( cold asphalt ) always with GRP R1 rain wheels. In dry Cold conditions. / after
and before snow

Awsome

They are also nice after the rain, summertime, when roads are half dry
R1 is soft sticky tyres

Hot summer i have R5 front and R4 rear
I never ran GRP R tires. At what speeds are you running them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back