Best dBoot Fortress replacement?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt Hotelling

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Best suggestions to replace my Senton's off-road wheels. Would like to keep stock set up w 14mm hex and no offset.
Thanks

Look at the Duratrax 14mm hex wheels. I like the Lockups for general off-road running. I also have a set of six-pack's that are nice. On the Duratrax wheels, the ST wheels are Senton/ SCT size, the MT are Granite size.

Thanks, great video! Will probably go w the Sixpack. I also want to strip the fortresses on the stock wheels and potentially glue some street tires on. Any suggestions on gluing... I have the Bob Smith IC 2000 glue.

Thanks, great video! Will probably go w the Sixpack. I also want to strip the fortresses on the stock wheels and potentially glue some street tires on. Any suggestions on gluing... I have the Bob Smith IC 2000 glue.
Search youtube, lots of vids on taking tires off rims (I have boiled them, works) and gluing. I personally suck at gluing, so my advice may not be the best. But clean everything that the glue will touch. Don't trust the fresh out of the package tires to be actually clean; they may have some wax on them, from the mold release compound...

I had a set of Lockups on my 4wd Stampede and I liked them until the foams failed and some of the tires ripped. The foam literally looked like it had dry rotted it just fell apart after I got the tires unglued I replaced the crap foam with foams out of the stock Traxxas wheels. I highly recommend strapping them with some braided fishing line or Kevlar kite string.
All 3 sets of my Prolines have been holding up far better than the Lockups did.

Update

Attachments

• 20200520_072459.jpg
    20200520_072459.jpg
    472.5 KB · Views: 60
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back