Best driveshafts for 3s models

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billy p

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
Stock Driveshafts are not good for me and for a lot of people as I see. There are a lot of options out there, hot racing, integy, gpm, and arrma upgraded ones. Which driveshafts are the best, the toughest? I think it is between gpm and arrma upgraded.

Stock Driveshafts are not good for me and for a lot of people as I see. There are a lot of options out there, hot racing, integy, gpm, and arrma upgraded ones. Which driveshafts are the best, the toughest? I think it is between gpm and arrma upgraded.
Seems like most go with the arrma cvds

Been considering the same thing. Interested to hear what people think.

A pair of stock driveshafts is 20+ dollars CAD. If I spend 2x or 2.5x on metal driveshafts it'll pay off down the road for sure.

Specifically Typhon A arm lengths.

The arrma ones seem to require more than one bag: outdrives, shafts and so on.

I haven't pulled the trigger on them because I am not 100 percent sure about all the parts I need.

Been considering the same thing. Interested to hear what people think.

A pair of stock driveshafts is 20+ dollars CAD. If I spend 2x or 2.5x on metal driveshafts it'll pay off down the road for sure.

Specifically Typhon A arm lengths.

The arrma ones seem to require more than one bag: outdrives, shafts and so on.

I haven't pulled the trigger on them because I am not 100 percent sure about all the parts I need.
Just buy 2 sets of the completed CVD shafts.....BUT, they do not have the set with the same 17mm Typhon axles. You would need to get a 14mm to 17mm conversion to use 17mm wheels.

Arrma part #AR310870

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7DK0N...abc_4TS1QD8WB42D8NDFZ02V?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Ar310780 is the stock driveshaft though, no?

That is the CVD axles.

Screenshot_20210623-211858_Chrome.jpg

The title says best for 3S models....honestly for the time I have been around here reading for the 3S there is no issue with the stock driveshaft. If you are not 3S but doing 4S power yes you will pop them.

Also if the slipper is not adjusted correctly too tight then it's sending to much power to the driveshafts you will pop them. I've had no issues with the 3S Big Rock or 3S Granite driveshafts as for many here. Yes, you get some bad ones that but all in all on 3S should hold up for most.

I'm just reading the title...you may be aiming for more power here....

The title says best for 3S models....honestly for the time I have been around here reading for the 3S there is no issue with the stock driveshaft. If you are not 3S but doing 4S power yes you will pop them.

Also if the slipper is not adjusted correctly too tight then it's sending to much power to the driveshafts you will pop them. I've had no issues with the 3S Big Rock or 3S Granite driveshafts as for many here. Yes, you get some bad ones that but all in all on 3S should hold up for most.

I'm just reading the title...you may be aiming for more power here....
Yeah more power, looking to upgrade to 4s and also I want punch 5 without worrying

GPM, Integy and Hot Racing all made terrible driveshafts, they certainly look nice but definitely not an upgrade nor are they cheap.

Did you ever end up finding another drive shaft besides Arrma ? I keep tearing up my heavy duty ones but can’t seem to find anything else that will hold up under the strain

Got a granite 3s v3 w/3s battery and 50% set. Driveshafts are awful

First pack just racing up and down the street for breakin. Within 15 minutes the right rear pops. Ordered a set of stocks and gpm's. Replaced just the RR with a stock replacement and adjusted the slipper clutch per hardcore rc youtube video, set punch setting to one. Go out again the rear left goes. WTF. okay. Wait a a few more days and my gpm's arrived. Installed the gpm's on the rear go out again. Not even 5 minutes and the right front pops. F this POS

First pack just racing up and down the street for breakin. Within 15 minutes the right rear pops. Ordered a set of stocks and gpm's. Replaced just the RR with a stock replacement and adjusted the slipper clutch per hardcore rc youtube video, set punch setting to one. Go out again the rear left goes. WTF. okay. Wait a a few more days and my gpm's arrived. Installed the gpm's on the rear go out again. Not even 5 minutes and the right front pops. F this POS
Wow. Sorry this is happening. Something seems odd. On 3s my stock Granite all driveshafts did fine, pretty hard bashing. When I switched to a Castle setup and 2400kv motor, then they could not handle it. The Arrma CVDs will work great 8f you want something stronger, and should last a LONG time on stock motor and esc on 3s.

For some reason it's the fronts on mine, they might last a couple of packs at most, the rears last much longer and even start to show signs of wear before the pop or break.

Wow. Sorry this is happening. Something seems odd. On 3s my stock Granite all driveshafts did fine, pretty hard bashing. When I switched to a Castle setup and 2400kv motor, then they could not handle it. The Arrma CVDs will work great 8f you want something stronger, and should last a LONG time on stock motor and esc on 3s.

Would love to order a set of the arma optional cvd's. Like most things for this car things are Out of stock. Would just do a large order for the steel spur gear, the optional cvd's and be done with it if HH had stock.

I originally went to a Local Hobby Shop to to buy a Traxxas Maxx as my first hobby grade RC since I'm new all this but the guy talked me into a Granite BLX. Had to wait almost a month for everything to ship in and go pickup. So I apologize about my conveyed anger as this whole thing has been terrible experience with a RC I originally wasn't looking for and just wish I stuck to my guns and bought the Traxxas Maxx in the first place at this point.

I am already debating on selling this Granite if these GPM cvd's don't hold up. Hell, may sell it anyways.

Thanks for listening. I don't mean to sound bitter but need to blow some steam.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back