Limitless Best ESC in stock location

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
The BLX 185 isn’t cutting it and I’d like to put in a ESC that can handle 8S (I’ll only be probably running 6S for now on my 2050KV BLX motor). It cuts out at 90ish MPH and it gets old fast. Id like to put in an ESC that fits in the stock location preferably because i have the motor in the stock location and i like the setup this way. Anyone have any advice?

A HobbyWing MAX6 will fit in the stock location without the need for any trimming and the screw holes on the bottom will match up with those on the MAX6.

I believe there are some Castle Creations ESCs that will also fit but unfortunately, I'm not a C.C. guy so hopefully others can chime in.

I assume i can have connectors made that go to the stock motor? The bullet inserts are directly on the HW esc where as on the arrma they connect mid way. The MAX6 seems nice for the price.

I assume i can have connectors made that go to the stock motor? The bullet inserts are directly on the HW esc where as on the arrma they connect mid way. The MAX6 seems nice for the price.

Yeah, you can just order a 4mm female to 6.5mm male extension cable to plug into the MAX6. Available on eBay or you can buy connectors/wire from Amazon and build your own.

I have typhon v5 stock electronics.

150amp firma stock esc (90mph) esc cuts
Hobbywing 160amp Max6 (96mph) esc cuts
Hobbywing 200amp Max5 (96mph) esc cuts

Not sure what the issue is here my stock motor or my 6s spektrum 100c batteries.

With max5 people on YouTube are getting 140mph. Not sure if that was 6s or 8s.

I have typhon v5 stock electronics.

150amp firma stock esc (90mph) esc cuts
Hobbywing 160amp Max6 (96mph) esc cuts
Hobbywing 200amp Max5 (96mph) esc cuts

Not sure what the issue is here my stock motor or my 6s spektrum 100c batteries.

With max5 people on YouTube are getting 140mph. Not sure if that was 6s or 8s.
Is this in a Limitless or a Typhon? Are you asking for help? If so yo may want to start a separate thread in the 6S section.

I am just letting him know that is not going to work. My setup is the same as limitless.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back