Talion Best ESC UPGRADE FOR TALION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow šŸ˜³ you really did some work getting that giant wedged in ! What kind of speed are you getting and how have your gears been holding up? Looks mean as hell!
The speeds are crazy!! Havenā€™t speed tested it, but it is probably capable of 100mph!! I am running 39 pinion and whatever the stock spur is. I can probably gear up even more!!

I have a max8 combo in mine! Running the 2200kv.

Basherqueen kit
View attachment 180880View attachment 180881View attachment 180882
I just bought the Kraton 6S EXB and totally skipped on this because of the stock look and since I have lowered my K6S to sit like the Talion since I'm not a jumper and want ground performance to behave like the Talion.

If I had saw yours, I would have copied it. Sir that looks good! Is that stick body...wow what did you do liking that.

I just bought the Kraton 6S EXB and totally skipped on this because of the stock look and since I have lowered my K6S to sit like the Talion since I'm not a jumper and want ground performance to behave like the Talion.

If I had saw yours, I would have copied it. Sir that looks good! Is that stick body...wow what did you do liking that.
Yes sir, stock body. Painted in gloss black. I didnā€™t do the pain job, it was a buddy of mine. But I do like it with the EXB :)

And thank you!

Last edited:
The speeds are crazy!! Havenā€™t speed tested it, but it is probably capable of 100mph!! I am running 39 pinion and whatever the stock spur is. I can probably gear up even more!!
Not sure if i missed you saying it but you may need some belted talion tires on that thing if you don't have an exb!

I ran the max6 / 4985 comb (22t) in my v3 for a few months and ended up switching back to the stock blx185 system due to the difference in balance and weight. Yes it had a midrange and top end charge like you wouldnā€™t believeā€¦.however IMHO, Lighter is definitely better for this one.
70A29208-5DB7-4529-B519-6A87B2CC7CCB.jpeg
55F8E9BD-F52B-45FD-A410-7C79B3A15F57.jpeg

On the stock BLX185 system + a 20t pinion /46t spur; 30k front / 1M center / 60k rear diff fluids, itā€™s my favorite Arrma in the whole fleet for big air and precision corner carving/handling.

I ran the max6 / 4985 comb (22t) in my v3 for a few months and ended up switching back to the stock blx185 system due to the difference in balance and weight. Yes it had a midrange and top end charge like you wouldnā€™t believeā€¦.however IMHO, Lighter is definitely better for this one.
View attachment 181646View attachment 181647

On the stock BLX185 system + a 20t pinion /46t spur; 30k front / 1M center / 60k rear diff fluids, itā€™s my favorite Arrma in the whole fleet for big air and precision corner carving/handling.
Why lighter diff fluid in the front? How does it drive?

It drives fantastic. Turns on a dime and allows me to oversteer with throttle instead of it wanting to understeer and plow the front end.
After years of testing every possible F/C/R diff viscosity thatā€™s what Iā€™ve settled on for the Talion and my driving style.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/the-talion-is-best-handling-arrma.35230/

Dude love that spot! You need another brother or fam. 49, pay my own bills, zero debit, cash in bank, and plenty of free clothing and shoes from my company just so I can bash for a little while. Sweet spot!

I just bought a mmx8s/1717 1650kv combo and put it in my talion exb with a 25t pinion 46t spur and it is amazing. I like it even more than the tp 4060 I had in it before. I didn't think sensored would feel so smooth and amazing. Absolutely love this combo and I'm surprised there aren't many posts on here from talion users using it. I worried about the weight at first but it still feels very nimble to me. Great combo so far.

What motor is that?
Are you running a center diff or a limitless spool?
What gear are you running?
How's the motor temps?
I just bought a mmx8s/1717 1650kv combo and put it in my talion exb with a 25t pinion 46t spur and it is amazing. I like it even more than the tp 4060 I had in it before. I didn't think sensored would feel so smooth and amazing. Absolutely love this combo and I'm surprised there aren't many posts on here from talion users using it. I worried about the weight at first but it still feels very nimble to me. Great combo so far.

How are the motor temps on this motor and due you run a motor fan?

What motor is that?
How's the motor temps?

After the first few packs of checking temps and everything being good, I haven't check them in a while lol. I run this fan and have low ambient temps, so I never worry.

View attachment 181646View attachment 181647

Missed this before i went with the lightened m2c chassis and basherqueen towers/brace, and aluminum center braces/hinge pin mounts and barely came in lighter than yours. Is that the goliath m2c chassis? I thought i would have saved a lot more weight. It's 10.09 with belted tires and a hobbystar 4092 too.

talion weight.jpg

What motor is that?
How's the motor temps?

Castle creations 800kv 2028
Running a spool with a. Let drive
28/38
Motor runs cold.

I finally picked up a Talion and put a castle setup in it running MMX8S w/ 1650kv motor. It has 50t/30t but it gets a little hot after 30 minutes of street bashing. I'm still trying to figure out the gearing to go with. I'm not sure if I want to keep the center LSD diff or put a 39 spool in it. I can run it on 4S or 6S. The 6S setup is better balanced.

What do you guys think would be a good gear setup to run and why?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back