Talion Best ESC UPGRADE FOR TALION

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally picked up a Talion and put a castle setup in it running MMX8S w/ 1650kv motor. It has 50t/30t but it gets a little hot after 30 minutes of street bashing. I'm still trying to figure out the gearing to go with. I'm not sure if I want to keep the center LSD diff or put a 39 spool in it. I can run it on 4S or 6S. The 6S setup is better balanced.

What do you guys think would be a good gear setup to run and why?
Most of the recommendations for a 1650 seem to fall closer to 20-22t for the pinion. Depending on cooling you may want to start there and bump it up

Most of the recommendations for a 1650 seem to fall closer to 20-22t for the pinion. Depending on cooling you may want to start there and bump it up
Is that gear used with the center diff or spool?

I could see that gear working well with the center diff and keeping the motor cool, but the overall top speed would only get up to around 50mph on 6S.

When I built this I wanted to get it back to 70mph with a better system than stock. I've had bad luck with the stock esc, so I've been staying with castle through out my builds. All I want to do is some bashing on the street, grass, dirt and low to medium jumps.

Is that gear used with the center diff or spool?

I could see that gear working well with the center diff and keeping the motor cool, but the overall top speed would only get up to around 50mph on 6S.

When I built this I wanted to get it back to 70mph with a better system than stock. I've had bad luck with the stock esc, so I've been staying with castle through out my builds. All I want to do is some bashing on the street, grass, dirt and low to medium jumps.
Yeah 50t. I run 24/46 on all of mine with the 1730 or 1650. I also run 40mm fans though

I'm running duel 40mm fans on separate battery. I saw the 46t option, but didn't know anyone running it. Thanks for the help.
I run a 46t on all of my trucks but a stretched mojave and a shortened typhon

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back