Best first fury upgrade?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ipd850glt

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
hi, I just purchased my first Arrma fury mega and was wondering what the best bang for your buck upgrades are. Not looking to break the bank but just get a little more out of the truck. I have already upgraded to a Lipo battery. Thanks

Yeah, the plate wont do much for performance. But a broken plate will put you out of commission. At the very least, buy one and have it on hand

Yeah, the plate wont do much for performance. But a broken plate will put you out of commission. At the very least, buy one and have it on hand

Yeah was definitely going to get a plate. Have anyone played with gearing any?

Next...the motor.
Especially driving in dirt (dust) and using lipo batteries will shorten the life of this poor motor a lot.

a known cheap upgrade is the Traxxas Titan 12T motor. It will last a bit longer, and as a bonus it will make your Fury a bit faster too!

Better tires as @kauai79 mention is absolutely the number one upgrade if you would ask me for any RC car or truck!

Those are quite an investment, but the car will drive significantly better. Some say if you want to get the best handling possible out of your RC, tires will male 75% out of the gain!

After this the shocks would be my next point on the list. I own 3 Fury's, of which one is a mega!

What would be the part number of the aluminum lower chassis plate?

Does anyone know if there is an underbody protection kit for the fury to keep mud and debris from getting in everything? I've seen mesh bag styles for the slash. Or has anyone built one from plastic? I'm very handy built my own replacement lower aluminum skid plate. Thanks

Does anyone know if there is an underbody protection kit for the fury to keep mud and debris from getting in everything? I've seen mesh bag styles for the slash. Or has anyone built one from plastic? I'm very handy built my own replacement lower aluminum skid plate. Thanks

I'm also looking for one. I emailed Dusty Covers but they don't have anything that will fit the Fury.
But I will try to modify this one: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/Free...-cover-Car-cover-for-1-10-RC/32713518022.html

Marco

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back