Notorious Best fix servo saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
The servo saver becoming loosened almost immediately after I tighten it has been the major reason I am avoiding driving my Noto. Is this common with Outcast as well?
I've read here and there some fixes including threadlock at the nut.
Is this the ultimate fix?
Are there other more permanent, or maybe better, more aftermarket parts fixes?
Even with the threadlock working for many, is this the best option?
Will changing out the steering mech entirely to aftermarket HR stuff or similar do it?

I have on hand a JX cls-hv7346mg servo that I can install. I have on hand either Hot Racing or Voltage Hobbies servo mount I can install. I can buy whatever else is necessary but I wish for a permanent fix so I can put it to bed.

Sorry for the long post that may be overstated, overthought, or otherwise boring in that it's been discussed to death. I just wish for the fix that will end my disappointment.

Thank you, friends.

Loctite is working so far. Only down side is adjut
The servo saver becoming loosened almost immediately after I tighten it has been the major reason I am avoiding driving my Noto. Is this common with Outcast as well?
I've read here and there some fixes including threadlock at the nut.
Is this the ultimate fix?
Are there other more permanent, or maybe better, more aftermarket parts fixes?
Even with the threadlock working for many, is this the best option?
Will changing out the steering mech entirely to aftermarket HR stuff or similar do it?

I have on hand a JX cls-hv7346mg servo that I can install. I have on hand either Hot Racing or Voltage Hobbies servo mount I can install. I can buy whatever else is necessary but I wish for a permanent fix so I can put it to bed.

Sorry for the long post that may be overstated, overthought, or otherwise boring in that it's been discussed to death. I just wish for the fix that will end my disappointment.

Thank you, friends.
Loctite is working so far. Only downside is adjustment down the road. I had to take the assembly off to tighten it a little further.

Loctite is working so far. Only down side is adjut
Loctite is working so far. Only downside is adjustment down the road. I had to take the assembly off to tighten it a little further.
I see. I'm wanting maybe too much.... I want it fixed and then I can move on.

Toss a couple washers under the nut so it can’t back out too far. Also small o rings right up to the nut may help too. Just things I’ve ready thankfully I haven't had an issue yet.

I have a V1 Outcast and my servo saver nut has been in the same spot since I bought it.

I'll fix the dam thing but it disappoints me so far to no end. Thanks for the help.
I went to run it this evening after I blew up my favorite 1:10 BRCC. I've run the Typhon lately enough to want to give it a break.
I guess I'm overthinking it all but man.... when I want to run my truck, I want it to stay tight at least through one 5000mah lipo.
Seems to immediately loosen up and I start cussin and kickin rocks and calling it BS etc. lmao
I love my Arrma trucks but this one gives me trouble. All good though. I'll fix it up with your suggestions. It's just been wide turns since day one and Im tired of it...lmao.

I'll fix the dam thing but it disappoints me so far to no end. Thanks for the help.
I went to run it this evening after I blew up my favorite 1:10 BRCC. I've run the Typhon lately enough to want to give it a break.
I guess I'm overthinking it all but man.... when I want to run my truck, I want it to stay tight at least through one 5000mah lipo.
Seems to immediately loosen up and I start cussin and kickin rocks and calling it BS etc. lmao
I love my Arrma trucks but this one gives me trouble. All good though. I'll fix it up with your suggestions. It's just been wide turns since day one and Im tired of it...lmao.
A couple of fixes I have seen are to loctite the nut or use 2 nuts.

Red locktite held for me for 3 sets of packs, so about an hours worth of hard bashing. I may have it a hair too tight though as I snapped a tie-rod end in half. Oh well... at least it isn't moving. lol!

Red locktite held for me for 3 sets of packs, so about an hours worth of hard bashing. I may have it a hair too tight though as I snapped a tie-rod end in half. Oh well... at least it isn't moving. lol!

This.. I've ran far more then 3 packs thru mine with red Loctite so far and its held up thru some serious abuse ;)

Red ftw

I just put a Bearing kit in the steering linkage of my new 6S Typhon, and the nut on the servo saver is plastic, so I dunno if loc-tite is a good choice. I've read that it attacks plastic. I've not had one come loose on any of my trucks, and the spring is so stiff, I don't see how it could save the servo anyhow ???

I just put a Bearing kit in the steering linkage of my new 6S Typhon, and the nut on the servo saver is plastic, so I dunno if loc-tite is a good choice. I've read that it attacks plastic. I've not had one come loose on any of my trucks, and the spring is so stiff, I don't see how it could save the servo anyhow ???
The nut itself is alloy on my outcast. The little arms that connect to the ackerman bar are plastic, I don't put anything on those. Odd that they use plastic on any of their 6S stuff. Would have assumed they used the same for everything.

NotoriousJ gave me this tip to use shock spacer, pic below. Good luck !

IMG_20190206_213605.jpg

NotoriousJ gave me this tip to use shock spacer, pic below. Good luck !

View attachment 34364
Put on the brakes! This worked for a while, but it will bind eventually. As the nut backs down, it pushes the spacers into the chassis, then starts to lift the whole steering assembly. Until I can get my hands on one of the V4 new ones, Loctite is the simplest way to make this work. I thought I posted this result a ways back. Sorry @crimsonfancy.

I used locktight and have run a couple packs through since with no issues. Gonna run it this afternoon too.
If you have the loctite in there, everything should be cherry. Enjoy that new V4 when you get it!

Ain't it strange how some people have problems with them backing off, while others have had no problems? Maybe a flaw in manufacturing?:rolleyes:

maybe an obvious question: Do you guys think new V4 servo saver will be compatible with the V3 line ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back